Why didn't Charlotte ever wondered about Griffith recovery?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What's... your question? Please phrase it more carefully. Are you asking why she fooled herself into thinking he'd fully recover? If so, it's because she's in D-E-N-I-A-L.

S

Sanguinius

Could Griffith's "aura" for want of a better word not simply cause people to trust and believe in him without rational thought, surely Mule's immediate oath upon meeting him is an example of that, no?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sanguinius said:
Could Griffith's "aura" for want of a better word not simply cause people to trust and believe in him without rational thought, surely Mule's immediate oath upon meeting him is an example of that, no?
If you're comparing Griffith's charisma when fresh out of the torture chamber to when he was reincarnated and regulating souls in front of crowds, then no, it's not a good example, as that comparison is unfair. Since reincarnated, he has more influence over things.

Charlotte just has an overbearing crush on the guy, end of story.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xfool said:
Even if she can accept his tendons been restored ,what about the tongue?

I'm pretty sure that's what she thought before forgetting about it altogether:

Love_eyes.gif
"His wounds sure healed well, must not have been that bad! Plus it's
LoveHeart.gif
Griffith
LoveHeart.gif
, he's so great and beautiful, no wonder he's got no scars at all!"
Love_eyes.gif

And don't forget the dream-like, fairy tale-ish quality of their reunion. She had been continuously dreaming about him and hoping for his return, idolizing him more than even Casca ever did. And then he came to her window and saved her from the bad guy, and it was so fantastic she couldn't believe it. Did she even wonder about his past wounds? With the self brainwashing she's been doing it's not sure at all. Perhaps she will actually remember the past and wonder about it in the future, once (if) she starts discovering his darker side. For now it goes totally over her head, assuming she hasn't just discarded it as bad memory or rationalized it in another way. It's not like she needs to be convinced that it's possible when the proof is right in front of her. Like Walter said, she was already in denial about his state when they rescued him, so now that he's fully recovered...

Sanguinius said:

That could definitely play a role, but is it even necessary in Charlotte's case?

S

Sanguinius

Walter said:
If you're comparing Griffith's charisma when fresh out of the torture chamber to when he was reincarnated and regulating souls in front of crowds, then no, it's not a good example, as that comparison is unfair. Since reincarnated, he has more influence over things.

Charlotte just has an overbearing crush on the guy, end of story.

No, thats not what I meant thats why I gave the Mule example Mule swore an oath to Griffith while not even understanding what he was doing himself. It would seem that Griffith's God Hand power allows him to draw people in to him in a more than natural way i.e. charisma. Plus as you say Charlotte is infatuated with him and wrapped herself up in a fantasy world around him so who knows whether she even considered such things.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Given all the crap she'd been through she was more then willing to drop into any illusion that let her escape her pain and be close to the only man she ever loved.

She wasn't going to question much.

Top Bottom