Author Topic: Episode 292  (Read 72941 times)

Offline Guтs

• Of the World
  • Kuroi Kenshi
Re: Episode 292
« Reply #225 on: February 04, 2008, 05:13:14 PM »
It's semi-monthly, not bi-weekly. And yes, there is a difference.

Yeah that's what I meant, I messed up on my words there. It comes out twice a month is what I meant... dont know why I wrote twice a week.

Point is, we still don't know if the 22nd there will be a release. Chances are we will, I'd say about 50% since by then it would have been 3 months since the last episode release. No information on a break this long came out either so I doubt it can carry on for much longer. BUT this is Berserk we are talking about, and there have been many long(er) breaks in the past. We might not get information a month in advance all the time, but most of the time we did. Like episode 288 was released July 27th and in that issue we had a release date of September 14th for 289 (just an example but I know what you mean). Besides it wouldn't really be a month in advance, more like.. 18 something days until the 22nd so usually we get some sort of information on unmentioned release dates in the episodes something like 1-2 weeks in advance. I just hope to see the good news on here soon. I think all Berserk fans can't wait for the next episode.

Gotta cut away, clear away, snip away and sever this umbilical residue that's keeping me from killing you..

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2008, 05:19:12 PM »
Point is, we still don't know if the 22nd there will be a release. Chances are we will, I'd say about 50% since by then it would have been 3 months since the last episode release. No information on a break this long came out either so I doubt it can carry on for much longer. BUT this is Berserk we are talking about, and there have been many long(er) breaks in the past. We might not get information a month in advance all the time, but most of the time we did. Like episode 288 was released July 27th and in that issue we had a release date of September 14th for 289 (just an example but I know what you mean). Besides it wouldn't really be a month in advance, more like.. 18 something days until the 22nd so usually we get some sort of information on unmentioned release dates in the episodes something like 1-2 weeks in advance. I just hope to see the good news on here soon. I think all Berserk fans can't wait for the next episode.

A simple "I don't know when the episode will be released" would have sufficed.  No need to break out percentages or go on at length about nothing :guts:.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
  • This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
« Reply #227 on: February 04, 2008, 05:36:39 PM »
I'm going to type this in MIRC spiel so only a select few will understand me.

* Uriel wishes this thread would be locked until the next episode comes out.

It was a little technical for some of you ingrates, but I know one of the powers that be can translate my internet hieroglyphics.

Edit - Holy shit Wally; you built a feature like that in?!

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2008, 05:41:11 PM »
* Uriel wishes this thread would be locked until the next episode comes out.

It was a little technical for some of you ingrates, but I know one of the powers that be can translate my internet hieroglyphics.

Edit - Holy shit Wally; you built a feature like that in?!
* Walter slaps Uriel with a large trout.

I didn't do it. The guys who made YabbSE/SMF forums did it.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
  • This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2008, 05:44:46 PM »
Fantastic!

Never switch to vBulletin, man.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2008, 08:13:28 AM »
this is Berserk we are talking about, and there have been many long(er) breaks in the past.

Well, there haven't been many breaks lasting for over 10 weeks in the past. Just a couple, really. We're living troubled times. :SK:

We might not get information a month in advance all the time, but most of the time we did. Like episode 288 was released July 27th and in that issue we had a release date of September 14th for 289

Yeah but that's different from the present case, where the break didn't have a pre-planned duration. We may learn about the next episode release in YA directly relating to the next issue (it could be 3 issues in advance as well, but the point is that nothing is sure). Honestly if I were you I wouldn't try to analyze it too much, I don't think there's a rule these things follow. Just buy the 10 DH volumes you're missing in the meantime. :guts:

Fantastic!

Never switch to vBulletin, man.

Hahaha, like we'd ever do that.

Offline Guтs

• Of the World
  • Kuroi Kenshi
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2008, 08:36:36 PM »
I'm gonna buy the later DarkHorse mangas, what is there a Berserk fan can do more then pruchase the material? But yeah 2007 and (early) 2008 has been a slow time for Berserk.

Gotta cut away, clear away, snip away and sever this umbilical residue that's keeping me from killing you..

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2008, 08:38:32 PM »
what is there a Berserk fan can do more then pruchase the material?

Start drawing the manga yourself.  There just so happens to be a "Station" which welcomes the "Creation" of artistic works!
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Okin

• Of the Interstice
  • The Ultimate Battle Creature
« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2008, 12:45:28 AM »
Well look at it this way: Since we're suffering from Berserk relapse, the fight scenes in the epic battle between Griffith and Super :ganishka: will look all the more epic!
Sho has turned over to me, the responsibility to send you to hell...

Offline Guтs

• Of the World
  • Kuroi Kenshi
« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2008, 01:41:35 AM »
Start drawing the manga yourself.  There just so happens to be a "Station" which welcomes the "Creation" of artistic works!

For those who have the artistic talent... maybe so.

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #235 on: February 06, 2008, 02:00:38 AM »

Gotta start somewhere!  :guts:
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Smith

« Reply #236 on: February 06, 2008, 06:51:20 AM »

If I had that talent I would have started continuing the story myself... Of course this personalised version would be kept for me and myself only haha...
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #237 on: February 06, 2008, 08:07:25 AM »
If I had that talent I would have started continuing the story myself... Of course this personalised version would be kept for me and myself only haha...

Thank God, I wouldn't want to be exposed to something like that.

Offline handsome rakshas

• Of the Vortex
  • Thanks Grail!
« Reply #238 on: February 06, 2008, 07:48:50 PM »
Wow, seeing all the activity in this thread I thought the new episode was out. Thanks for building up my hopes and crushing them so swiftly guys!

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
« Reply #239 on: February 06, 2008, 08:46:40 PM »
Wow, seeing all the activity in this thread I thought the new episode was out. Thanks for building up my hopes and crushing them so swiftly guys!
We aim to please.  :ganishka:
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2008, 01:09:29 AM »
Wow, seeing all the activity in this thread I thought the new episode was out.
Wouldn't the activity be in an Episode 293 thread then?  :???:
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2008, 01:32:56 AM »
Well, you're all welcome to post in the Vagabond Inn, there's been 2 episodes, going on 3, out in the last week there; so, maybe our energy would be better spent posting there as well, where there's something to post about? I don't know, just an idea I'm throwing out there. =)

Offline Tanma

« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2008, 01:38:52 AM »
It will be out soon, guys.  :puck:

Anyway, if I were japanese, I would boycott Young Animal. Things only change if it hurts in the pocket.  :troll:
No need for signatures.

Offline Nonsapient

« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2008, 01:41:15 AM »
It will be out soon, guys.  :puck:

Anyway, if I were japanese, I would boycott Young Animal. Things only change if it hurts in the pocket.  :troll:

I thought these "delays" were due to Miura.
I wouldn't want to hurt HIS pocket book.  That can only hurt the quality of the manga.

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2008, 02:19:15 AM »

I'm gonna go under the assumption your purposely being retarded
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Tanma

« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2008, 02:25:41 AM »
Nah, this is a capitalist world. Seeing from a non-fanatic perspective, that's it.

Three-four weeks to do every episode is ok, but 3 months without giving any information about what's going on is a disrespect for the consumer, and that's what people who buy YA are in fact.
No need for signatures.

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2008, 02:45:31 AM »
Nah, this is a capitalist world. Seeing from a non-fanatic perspective, that's it.

Three-four weeks to do every episode is ok, but 3 months without giving any information about what's going on is a disrespect for the consumer, and that's what people who buy YA are in fact.

You don't buy YA (instead relying on others who do to post them for free), and therefore really have no say in the matter.

Consider that we know nothing of Miura's obligation to release episodes, for all we know he could get paid by the episode and therefore is under no real obligation to release them at all until he feels they're done.  A boycott of the publisher would be a pointless as your whining.
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2008, 02:59:22 AM »
You don't buy YA (instead relying on others who do to post them for free), and therefore really have no say in the matter.

Consider that we know nothing of Miura's obligation to release episodes, for all we know he could get paid by the episode and therefore is under no real obligation to release them at all until he feels they're done.  A boycott of the publisher would be a pointless as your whining.
I think you fail to understand that all residents of the internet know about big business and publications CnC. You need to sit back and learn a few things.
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2008, 03:03:46 AM »
I think you fail to understand that all residents of the internet know about big business and publications CnC. You need to sit back and learn a few things.

Ah yes, of course.  I forgot the rules of the internet.  Thanks.
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Guтs

• Of the World
  • Kuroi Kenshi
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2008, 07:24:21 AM »
Anyways, rules of the internet or not.. who gives a shit? Easiest thing to do is not reply to such comments thus leaving them in their own little world called belly-button.

About all this buying YA stuff, I think many would buy it if they read Japanese (BAHAHAHAH sure they would) but I know I wouldn't buy it if I couldn't understand wtf it was saying. Everyone on this board SHOULD be buying the DarkHorse mangas though! I only started recently but I knew I would eventually when financially I was more then stable! Btw... is it just me or starting from DH Volume 13 or so those sfx things kinda get in the way? It gets better right? (someone mentioned it was fixed later on but... yeah I wanna know for sure). Got to say the quality from the mangas themselves... are fucking gorgeous, I can scan the pictures I like too and make some nice little MSN display Pictures ;D.