TV Series: Lost

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I can't believe Sayid is still alive! :isidro:

Not (and perhaps really not).

NightCrawler said:
"Nothing is irreversible" - Lost writer's mantra

:rakshas:

BTW, how about that awful CGI at the start of the episode. That was so bad it was good.

Oh, and I know what it all means...

htolmec.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
BTW, how about that awful CGI at the start of the episode. That was so bad it was good.

Avatar-level lifelikeness! :troll:

Anyway this episode was rather boring. Confirmed that
evil dude is the smoke monster
but other than that... What is it going to be, the scenes of the plane landing are flash forwards after the characters do what they're supposed to during this last season? It'll be just like it never happened, so clever! The only thing going against this is
Desmond's mysterious appearance/disappearance
. Gives me hope they'll go for something more ambitious.

My first impression was that the scenes of the plane landing is a parallel timeline of sorts, but I don't understand what the point of it is.
When Charlie was dying in the plane toilet I thought they were going to show us that everyone's fates would've been far worse had the plane never crashed, but then Jack immediately revives him
so now I'm just confused and honestly, a bit bored. I'm not even waiting for it to make sense, but at least I would like to be entertained.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
My first impression was that the scenes of the plane landing is a parallel timeline of sorts, but I don't understand what the point of it is.

Would make sense, but like you said I don't really see the point.

A.C said:
When Charlie was dying in the plane toilet I thought they were going to show us that everyone's fates would've been far worse had the plane never crashed, but then Jack immediately revives him
so now I'm just confused and honestly, a bit bored.

There's also the fact Hurley is lucky instead of cursed, and Boone's sister didn't come back with him.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I don't normally read these fucking Lost interviews, but this one was linked by a friend of mine because it has some hilarious news in it.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lost-premiere-damon-carlton/
[LOST Co-Creator]Carlton Cuse: We did have some concern that it might be confusing kind of going into the season. To clear that up a little bit: The archetypes of the characters are the same and that’s the most significant thing. Kate is still a fugitive. If you were to look at the Comic-Con video, for instance, that now comes into play. There was a different scenario in that story. She basically blew up an apprentice plumber as opposed to killing her biological father/stepfather. Those kind of differences exist, but who the characters fundamentally are is the same. If it becomes too confusing for you, you can just follow the flash sideways for what they are. It’s not as though there’s narrative that hangs on the fact that you need to know that this event was different in that world, in the flashback world versus the sideways world. That’s not critical for being able to process the narrative this season.
Man this already sounds like a REAL BLAST!

Griffith

It’s not as though there’s narrative that hangs on the fact that you need to know that this event was different in that world, in the flashback world versus the sideways world. That’s not critical for being able to process the narrative this season.
It's time for a classic Griff run on sentence! :griffnotevil:

That basically supports what I've been telling my retarded Lost friends for years and what most of us here already know, that none of these details matter, they're BSed season to season, episode to episode, and then insignificant connections are added later and highlighted, before eventually being discarded altogether, to make it seem like it was all part of some great too-complicated-to-understand plan masquerading as science fiction when it's really just a shaggy dog story, and if it makes your "brain hurt," as two people told me about last night's boring, and rather straight forward, episode, it's because you've been had.

X

Xem

Ya, lots of confusion, as we expected!

- Why did Juliet say "it worked"? and how would she know anyway if she's there dying?

- Why was Desmond suddenly on the plane? I thought about this for a minute and perhaps if the electromagnetic-thingy-whatever was destroyed by the bomb, then perhaps he simply made his voyage without crashing and... therefore... was on flight 815... somehow.

- Hurley lucky? I guess I could lump that with Desmond's story and say that since the thingy was destroyed the numbers were never broadcast so he never went into an insane asylum in the first place.... yet... he still chose the numbers for the lottery... okay.

And lastly, probably most mysterious to me, how is Sayid suddenly alive? I understand that "Jacob's-enemy-smoke-monster-guy" (official title btw!) was able to take on the form of Locke, so that was one explanation - Maybe the water wasn't clear because it was clouded by Jacob's blood and he therefore took control of Sayid... but wait, Jacob's-enemy-smoke-monster-guy didn't actually possess Locke's body, he just used his image... so that doesn't parallel! I guess it's still possible though.

I guess most important is that Sayid isn't dead. I turned to my g/f when they killed Sayid and literally said, "There's no longer any point in watching this." Then, of course, they "resurrected" him at the end. :serpico:

Also, I rather enjoyed Sawyer continuously denying that, super annoying and not really attractive even by today's mainstream standards, Kate. Someone kill that bitch already.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
One more hour I gave away to this show. Might as well see it crumble till the end. So Sayid is back and now they want to kill him. At least Claire's back. Maybe some flashback to see what she has been doing all this time,probably nothing of interest or that has to tie to the this final season.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Claire's been Rousseau'd! :guts:

Is it just me or is this season actually easier to follow than previous ones? I picked up immediately that the Others were testing Sayid to see if he was possessed, or a vessel. It should have been the audience's first thought too, when he suddenly came back to life.

Griffith

Hey guys, can you contain your specific, originally non-spoiler tagged, excitement until the show at least airs in the entire country, please? I don't need less reasons to watch. :griffnotevil:

Griffith

Perhaps some guidelines regarding spoilers in general should be added to the forum rules, specifically for career offenders. :carcus:

Unfortunately, I need a better platform and precedent for this though, such as the hard standard you set in the Mass Effect 2 thread.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I'm not at all sure that *is* Sayid. If it is I don't know why he'd be such a pussy about being tortured, when a few hours ago he was like I AM SURELY HELLBOUND FOR THE EVIL SHIT I DONE 4 PAY, HOO BOY

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
Perhaps some guidelines regarding spoilers in general should be added to the forum rules, specifically for career offenders. :carcus:

Unfortunately, I need a better platform and precedent for this though, such as the hard standard you set in the Mass Effect 2 thread.
That's fair.

New rule: Spoiler tag all posts pertaining to NEW episodes. Tag-free posts are fair game once the NEXT new episode has aired.

Lithrael said:
I'm not at all sure that *is* Sayid. If it is I don't know why he'd be such a pussy about being tortured, when a few hours ago he was like I AM SURELY HELLBOUND FOR THE EVIL SHIT I DONE 4 PAY, HOO BOY
He wasn't acting suspiciously. He was just trying to get information out of these strange new captors. The only real basis we have to doubt it's Sayid is that he just came back from the dead, and of course from what happened with NotLocke.

Griffith

I was turned off as soon as I saw the title on my DVR, "What Kate Does." Didn't need to have another go around with Claire and her baby either. Enjoyed Sayid and the legends of the hidden temple though with Jack and his new friends. Actually, the biggest shocker was that Mac from It's Always Sunny From Philadelphia was in it.

Looking forward to next week though, bring on Dark Locke the Destroyer! "I promise to tell you everything." Ha, how many times has someone said that on this show? Also, if they say that, they're probably going to kill you. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
I was turned off as soon as I saw the title on my DVR, "What Kate Does." Didn't need to have another go around with Claire and her baby either. Enjoyed Sayid and the legends of the hidden temple though with Jack and his new friends. Actually, the biggest shocker was that Mac from It's Always Sunny From Philadelphia was in it.

Looking forward to next week though, bring on Dark Locke the Destroyer! "I promise to tell you everything." Ha, how many times has someone said that on this show? Also, if they say that, they're probably going to kill you. :ganishka:
Yeah, I could have done without a Kate themed episode... But the good news is it's out of the way =) I also was pretty happy to see Mac in this ep. Was he actually in that season 3 ep he referenced? I never noticed that before...

As for next time, I'm sure it'll be THE JOHN LOCKE STORY EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR.

PS: (Click)

Griffith

Haha, btw, here's that latest preview I mentioned for anyone that missed it, spoilers obviously: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ZQul2kFY8

lockereveal.jpg

"I promise I'll tell you everything."​

I'm surprised there even was someone waiting to adopt Claire's baby. Way to kill the mystery of that psychic back in Season 1 where it was implied he just wanted her on the plane/island. So Miles can speak with ghosts, but the psychic mystery was just something mundane? What kind of motivation did he have for setting Claire up with these adoptive morons anyway if he was just a fraud? It's all become shit now, and three episodes into the final season we get an episode that was borderline unwatchable...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha my god. I didn't mind seeing more of Claire since I like the actress, but ultimately it was all a waste of time (the whole alternate universe thing is, unless of course it ends up being the final timeline like I already said). And Kate crying after Sawyer throws Juliet's ring into the lake... Why? Because he doesn't love her? Didn't she say she just wanted to find Claire? It's like someone accidentally pressed the "KATE CRY" button on the set or something.

And now Claire's back, Rousseau-style but EVIL according to pretend-Japanese dude (or his hippie sidekick, forgot which). Fantastic. Also is it me or are the "others" (who are supposed to be the original others that whisper in the forest and psychologically traumatized Rousseau for 20 years) popping up like that as if they'd always been there yet were a separate group from Richard's that was never ever mentioned? No one's even picking on that? Cheap ass way to tie those loose threads. Also why do they seem so concerned about smokey now but didn't care when it roamed in their holy temple's underground tunnels?

And why do they go out of their way to give people grief? I mean do they really have to beat people up without saying a single word all the time? It's retarded, serves no purpose and doesn't get results. Zero credibility.

Lastly I miss Juliet already, but I can't blame Elizabeth Mitchell from bailing out after landing a role on V's remake.

Lithrael said:

Well according to Bonsai-sensei it's still him, but he'll be taken over by EVIL like Claire was if they don't poison him soon.

グリフィス said:
I'm hoping for further crossovers in the future, maybe that'd even explain some other mysteries...

http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/lockeberserk500.jpg

:ganishka: Awesome. Speaking of crossovers, I was sadly thinking while watching this episode that things would be far more enjoyable if the show featured another Shepard.

A.C said:
I'm surprised there even was someone waiting to adopt Claire's baby. Way to kill the mystery of that psychic back in Season 1 where it was implied he just wanted her on the plane/island. So Miles can speak with ghosts, but the psychic mystery was just something mundane? What kind of motivation did he have for setting Claire up with these adoptive morons anyway if he was just a fraud?

Well the thing is you're one of 5 people in the world who can remember what happened that far back into the show without suffering a brain hemorrhage, and the writers aren't among the 4 others.

P.S. This is how the alternate timeline ends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ6hIEqKR7A

Top Bottom