Does This Guy Post Here? (Tattoo-Related)

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
So I picked up a couple of tattoo mags today, and in the latest edition of "Tattoo", I found this:

BerserkTattoo.jpg

Awesome Tattoo, but how corny is the description? Haha

If you post here, I apologize in advance. Nice work though.

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
I couldn't agree more, I'm assuming he's just a casual fan of the anime. But then again, I'd like to question what "casual fan" gets an entire Berserk back piece? Alot of people don't even know that the manga exists, or that it delves much deeper into the story than the anime does. I've considered getting a Berserk piece as well, but I'd definitely choose artwork from the manga over the anime anyday.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Viral Harvest said:
I couldn't agree more, I'm assuming he's just a casual fan of the anime. But then again, I'd like to question what "casual fan" gets an entire Berserk back piece?

The guy says he just saw it on a boxed set of CDs. We don't even know if he's actually seen the series, and the way he talks about it makes me think it's not the case. Maybe he just saw the picture and thought it was cool, and decided to get it tattooed. Many people do that. He doesn't have to know what it represents because he finds it cool and he thinks it connects with him.

Anyway, I've got to agree with Walter. I think this is a good tattoo, but the original artwork never impressed me and it still does not here. Too bad the guy didn't stumble upon one of Miura's illustrations instead.

CnC

Ad Oculos
"reflected on me and where I wanted to grow"????
from the quote it sounds like he has no idea what the hell Berserk is... :schierke:

Aazealh said:
Anyway, I've got to agree with Walter. I think this is a good tattoo, but the original artwork never impressed me and it still does not here. Too bad the guy didn't stumble upon one of Miura's illustrations instead.

I like it, even if it is from the anime. Don't like the tattoo much (FUF).

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
He'll probably think the tattoo is even more bad ass if he actually ends up reading the manga or watching the anime. :guts:

Viral Harvest said:
but I'd definitely choose artwork from the manga over the anime anyday.
For me that goes for watching/reading comparison as well as the art.

I mean the tat isn't HORRIBLE but it's certainly not one I'd want for all the above reasons. What if he was a tool and ended up hating the anime though? That might be funny. It would explain why he didn't get the brand though, considering that it seems like everyone who knows Berserk would get the brand, at least the majority

Rather than making a new thread I'm going to bump this one. A long time ago I saw a picture of a guy with a tattoo of Guts on his back, around the neck area. It wasn't a full-back thing. I remember the tattoo being laughably awful.
Does anyone have that picture? I thought I saw it here.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sal said:
Rather than making a new thread I'm going to bump this one. A long time ago I saw a picture of a guy with a tattoo of Guts on his back, around the neck area. It wasn't a full-back thing. I remember the tattoo being laughably awful.
Does anyone have that picture? I thought I saw it here.

Doesn't remind me of anything, but if it was that bad I might have blocked it out of my mind. What was the tattoo about, more precisely?

Well, he had the usual brand on his neck but then he had some sort of circular panel coming from it. It was just Guts face, and I think his hand too.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sal said:
Well, he had the usual brand on his neck but then he had some sort of circular panel coming from it. It was just Guts face, and I think his hand too.

Ok, well I don't think I've seen it.

Godred

Once sent from the Golden Hall.
Its really cool that the art aspect of Berserk connected with this guy so raw. I couldn't think of a better reason to get a piece like that done. My first reaction was just "Why the hell THAT picture, why not something that can work with the back" but then I read what it said on the page. I admire why he got it, Not what it means, but what it means to him. Definitely not a fan of the colors or tattoo. but i like why he got it.

Sal said:
[br]The usual brand? Hmmm, so can everyone display their brands? I'd love to see everyone's brands cause I thought I was the only sacrificial offering out there. My brand is too big and in the wrong spot. I went by the original artwork in the first few volumes of the manga and that's how it looked like. At the time volume 13 wasn't out yet nor did I stumble upon spectrum nexus till later. So I was kind of disappointed when I found my brand is wrong.....oh well

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ori said:
The usual brand? Hmmm, so can everyone display their brands? I'd love to see everyone's brands cause I thought I was the only sacrificial offering out there.

You have no idea how common it is man. I've personally seen dozens of people with variations of the Brand tattooed on their neck or chest or elsewhere, and I haven't been looking for them. I don't doubt that there's easily over a hundred of them that are just waiting to be discovered.

ori said:
My brand is too big and in the wrong spot. I went by the original artwork in the first few volumes of the manga and that's how it looked like.

The Brand looks perfectly fine and is in the right spot even in volume 1. It hasn't changed since then. I don't think your tattoo is that bad anyway, it's just a bit thick. But then again, most of those I've seen are thick as well.

Aazealh said:
The Brand looks perfectly fine and is in the right spot even in volume 1. It hasn't changed since then. I don't think your tattoo is that bad anyway, it's just a bit thick. But then again, most of those I've seen are thick as well.
[br]Hm. I didn't realize it was very common. I live in the middle of no where USA. I haven't met any die-hard Berserk fans in person so that's why I felt alone with the Brand. But thank you. I guess I was being to self-critical on my tattoo.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ori said:
[br]Hm. I didn't realize it was very common. I live in the middle of no where USA. I haven't met any die-hard Berserk fans in person so that's why I felt alone with the Brand. But thank you. I guess I was being to self-critical on my tattoo.

Hehe yeah, don't be too harsh on yourself. Look at the bright side: when tattoos are too small they don't look good, and it doesn't have to be in the exact same place Guts has it. :guts:

Top Bottom