What will happen when...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
einherjar said:
Also, how much can we infer Puck or Schierke know, despite not being told?

All his companions know enough to have some doubts. Even Farnese, who recognized Zodd when she saw him in Vritannis. Of course, Puck knows practically everything, or could piece it together if he tried. Schierke has been in Guts' mind, but we don't know if she has been able to understand much of what she saw at the time. Her advanced knowledge of the world is however a clear advantage in getting the bigger picture. Basically, if they all got together and talked about it they'd most likely be able to reconstitute his whole life.

Also,

Flora told Schierke in volume 24 that femto/griffith was the one who branded guts.

A little bit more that she could piece together.

Just my 2cents..

C

cajunman380

I wonder how they will take the revelation of Gut's past. Puck was understanding for the most part (then again given how much time hes hung around him, the truth was like all the pieces falling into place). Will they view Guts differently?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
cajunman380 said:
I wonder how they will take the revelation of Guts past. Puck was understanding for the most part (then again given how much time hes hung around him, the truth was like all the pieces falling into place). Will they view Guts differently?

They'll probably respect him more and feel bad for him at the same time.

Bubbles Float High

God hand, shmod hand..
I agree with Uriel in the sense (way back in his post) that Griffith was Femto all along..

Also I would like to add that whenever Griffith does reach his goal I think the other god hand will be able to come into/influence the "human" world/realm/thing; letting them do whatever it is they want to fulfill etc. I'm excited to see where Guts will be in all of this :D

Edit: "material" world?

DemiAngel said:
Griffith finally gets his kingdom, marries princess Charlotte, and is portrayed as the ultimate hero of legend. :griff:

Then what? :miura:

Different people have different perceptions/expectations I guess. I always thought that Griffith will never be able to achieve his kingdom at least to the extent he wants. Especially as the other adversaries are defeated and Guts presence comes into foreground. I know that there is little to nothing of old Griffith in the incarnated version but Guts represents something that could the old Griffith could not assail and as such I always thought that the new Hawk is bound to take notice of him once the dust from other events settles down.

I always thought that the Griffith character was enacting events that are along the same line as his incarnation now where (I am calling it) 'lust' for more is never satiated. Before he was working for the man and now is working for the Idea. Before he had friends, the band of hawks, that supported him and now he has the band of apostles. Actually following the trend, I don't think Griffith has much regard for any of his apostles now and would easily sacrifice them in order to achieve what he intends to. I have also wondered if Griffith is going to not be happy with being a puppet for Idea at some point. Kinda like Ganishka who I feel deep down realizes his futility against Griffith yet continues to fight on and will (probably) perish in doing so... Speculation is so much fun

(Note: not to bring it back to causality thread but I didn't precieve causality to be a set of instructions that are constantly flowing between idea and god hand. To me its more like actions/events taking place so that what is to be ends up being. but of course a constant interaction between Idea and god hand could mean either weakness on the part of god hand for requiring instructions for every single action or on the flipside, the importance of god hand that they are in contact with the supreme entity.)

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
MaN said:
Guts represents something that could the old Griffith could not assail
Oh, I'd say he assailed Guts pretty good... The brand, the loss of his arm and eye, the rape of Caska... I'd say Guts will bear the scars of Griffith until his very end

MaN said:
the importance of god hand that they are in contact with the supreme entity.
Are they? Idea tells Griffith / Femto to "do as you will." I would think this the case for the other Godhand as well. Idea is, AFAIK, not a commander but a subtle manipulator of causality's threads...

After becoming king, Griffith's dream evolves into a desire to rule the spiritual as well as the physical. His destiny changes to becoming the Idea. The final episodes deal with Griffith establishing a way to do so.

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
BossLogga said:
After becoming king, Griffith's dream evolves into a desire to rule the spiritual as well as the physical. His destiny changes to becoming the Idea.

Why become when you can surpass? Although I'm not sure it's possible, I doubt Griffith would stop at replacing God...

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I doubt causality ceases to exist when Griffith attains his kingdom. Wouldn't make a bit of sense seeing that's how he arrived here in the first place.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
That's a good way to put it. As well as his men will eventually desert him or something.
Why revive a thread just to agree with a post? Anyway, why would Griffith's apostles desert him during an age of darkness, when they would thrive?

Top Bottom