Google launches new time paradox feature for GMail

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/customtime/index.html

Is there a limit to how far back I can send email?

Yes. You'll only be able to send email back until April 1, 2004, the day we launched Gmail. If we were to let you send an email from Gmail before Gmail existed, well, that would be like hanging out with your parents before you were born -- crazy talk.
How does it work?

Gmail utilizes an e-flux capacitor to resolve issues of causality (see Grandfather Paradox).

How come I only get ten?

Our researchers have concluded that allowing each person more than ten pre-dated emails per year would cause people to lose faith in the accuracy of time, thus rendering the feature useless.

Ive already told myself back in 2005 to choose a better topic for my Modern Russia class final essay. Hopefully i can pull an A this time around.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
You guys are too narrowminded. Could be pretty darn handy, and not just for rigging late homework, but socially too:

"Why didn't you tell me!?"
"Didn't you get the email I sent you?"

or...

"Looks like he's free to go, turns out he was sending an email at the exact time of the murder."

Change the past for a more innocent future. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
You guys are too narrowminded. Could be pretty darn handy, and not just for rigging late homework, but socially too:

"Why didn't you tell me!?"
"Didn't you get the email I sent you?"

Actually I did stuff like this at work years ago. Changing the server time and fucking around with my boss. Those were the days. :guts:

Top Bottom