Text-based games... MUDs, etc.

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
Anyone here into text-based MU*'s? I used to do a lot of this sort of thing, but I haven't found any I like recently. I'm kind of interested in creating my own world based on the "Dawn of Time" codebase, as well.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
oh god... I remember playing these all the time back in the day. When i was in middle school and we first got AOL :ganishka:, I found a mud called Dgate which is now run by Mythic I believe... good times! Then another one was called Astoria.

Iv tried to get back into them but the player base is too small for my tastes now =\

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Not much of a MUD player here. They're just too old school now, and I haven't found any recent ones that looked any good (but I haven't searched either).

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
I was just curious... I started off playing a MUD called Heroes of Kore, which was a CircleMUD base... My original character there got into some serious trouble from one of the immortals for "junking" a player's corpse... Basically I killed his entire inventory, on a MUD where PvP was a no-go...

Then I got hooked on one called Knights of the Red Dragon, a ROM-based MUD. I really liked the playerbase on that one, and I leveled my char to hero. (lvl 100) But a while after that, they wiped the pfile and started from scratch, taking out some of the features that made the game fun in the process.

I played another MUD while I was in college... I think it was "Calindria" or something, but it never "hooked" me in the same way as KoRD did. So lately I've been playing around with different codebases, seeing what it would take to implement my own game. I just don't know if anyone would play... and without players, there's really no fun.

Top Bottom