American Dragon Ball Z Movie !?!?

I wanted to know what you all thought about the Hollywood movie adaption of Dragon Ball Z. Go here: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/363/363928p1.html
for the story and pic of the poster.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I got sick of Dragonball Z long ago, so I really don't care too much whether or not there's a live action movie.

As for that image, it's been going around on the internet for a while now. It looks kind of fake to me. :-\

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
I stopped watching DBZ alittle bit after the american voice actors changed. Its got a cool story though, I just couldnt get used to the newest voice talents (if you can call it that :p)

A live action movie wouldnt be so bad if these key elements are met:

- Movie(s) not geared towards the kids
- Usage of Matrix-like effects (getting the actual special effects team responsible of it would be even better)
- Stay with the story 100% (this means sequels)
- Director MUST be a DBZ fan who wants to do it justice
- Actors are all unknown yet talented

There are more I'm sure, but those are the main points I can think of.

The13thScroll

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Have you guys seen the bootlegged live action series of DBZ? Its fuckin crazy as hell. It's all illegal as the company makin the live action version doesn't have the rights to use any of the characters from DBZ, but the show uses em anyway. From what I've seen, the plot is completely original and sucks donkey balls. Its more like Power Rangers than anything else. But seeing Master Roshii live action is almost worth tracking down some of these piece of shit live action episodes.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Ahhh!!! not this again...

It has generaly been assumed that that poster is nothing more then a hoax.
To my knowledge, all that has been confirmed is that fox bought the rights to make the movie.
They have had the rights for a Battle Angel movie for years.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re:Ahhh!!! not this again...

Majin Tenshi said:
It has generaly been assumed that that poster is nothing more then a hoax.
To my knowledge, all that has been confirmed is that fox bought the rights to make the movie.
They have had the rights for a Battle Angel movie for years.
It also has a grammer flaw: "All they need is seven" eh? How about "All they need are seven". Good work "FOX department of editing". Looks like a hoax to me guys... Not that I give a rats fuck about DBZ anyway 8)

Top Bottom