Soul Reaver and Blood Omen

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
;D

Yes, I agree, Soul Reaver was a poor sequel. But then again, Soul Reaver 2 is pretty good. Well, it would be if it wasn't so monotonous.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
The first episode was definitely cool.It was originally supposed to
be an adaptation of the Elric chronics and then for some reasons (I
think they lost the rights...) it turned into a "vampire game".Still,I wish
they had made an Elric game instead.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Soul Reaver (I) sucked because it was ment to be much longer. They cut a lot last-minute so they could get away with a sequel. As I understand it, there is evidence burried on the disc.

The13thScroll

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Majin Tenshi said:
Soul Reaver (I) sucked because it was ment to be much longer. They cut a lot last-minute so they could get away with a sequel. As I understand it, there is evidence burried on the disc.

Those bastards....

Kuroi-san

Yeah, they cut about twice the size of the Silenced Cathedral off the disc. The cuts include:

Raziel's brother Turel, and the fight with him.

The Priestess, a worshipper of vampires, situated in the Human Citadel.

The final battle with Kain, orginally meant to be in the Silenced Cathedral. Once Raziel is done with Kain, he reactivates the huge organ within the cathedral, tuning them so it is lethal to vampiric ears. Once done, he wipes the vampiric scourge from Nosgoth, forever.

Lets not forget...

More weapons. You could pick up crossbows and flamethrowers from the Vampire Hunters. ;D

Elemental Reavers - think the glyphs but in Soul Reaver form. 8)

The Arian Reaver - Raziel takes Arian's soul so he can finally defeat Kain.

The Kain Reaver - the most badass reaver, EVER.

Majin_Tenshi

I played through Soul Reaver II last night.
(what.... it only took about 12 hours)
It was a great game.
Ok, so the "demons" were anoying, and there was a distinct lack of recognizable bosses, but other then that...

Actualy, it seems that cutting the first soul reaver game was a good idea. Just killing kain wouldn't have been nearly as interesting.

I absolutely loved the ending. It was so dark and twisted. ;D

Kuroi-san

What... when Raziel plunges the blade into himself, or something? I haven't got it... I won't stoop to buying a PS2.

Majin_Tenshi

Soul Reaver II ending spoiler.

The blade takes control. Raziel doesn't plunge the blade into himself, the wraith blade(in the phisical blade) attacks him, trying to devour his soul.

I won't explain that any more except on request, I don't want to spoil the ending too much.

Kuroi-san

I know the story... its a bit confusing if you don't have the game. :-\

Meh, the Soul Reaver is badass. I like the bit when it want to kill Kain. So cool. 8)

Majin_Tenshi

I found blood omen II and Soul Reaver!
Now all that is left is the original Blood Omen...
if only I actualy had time to play them...

I was rather disapointed with the Soul Reaver(blade) in Blood Omen II. In Soul Reaver II it drains blood to feed you when it cuts. Though I havn't played long enough yet to earn the weapon, I played with it briefly in the begining using a cheat code.

Anyone know what Moridor(?) is doing alive. From what I've read, my best guess is the heart of darkness.
Anyone have a clue as to Kain's warning at the end of Soul Reaver II?
I'm fuzzy on the bit of Raziel being a vampire messah. I forgot where that idea come from, and I thought something pulled the carpet out from under that.
Why would Kain killing himself made things worse? I don't think that followed much...

(?) I think thats his name

Kuroi-san

You mean Vorador. I don't know what he's doing alive, he was killed in the original Blood Omen. The Soul Reaver isn't too hot in the original either. I prefer the axes, Havoc and Malice.

Kain killing himself woul;d make thing worse because he is the Balance Guardian*. I'm pretty sure if he kills himself, the entire world will lose balance.

Raziel is sort of the angel of death for Vampires, seeing as Vampires are actually angels.... or something I don't have SRII.

* - see the original, or go to www.nosgoth.net

Majin_Tenshi

That follows, but if Kain killed himself then wouldn't there just be another set of gaurdiens chosen?

The Heart of Darkness could have revived Vorador, which explains the warning at the end of Soul Reaver II.
In Soul Reaver II, Raziel sees that the Saraphan are at least as bad as the Vamps. Worse then the original species.(blue guys with black feathered wings)

MarkedSwordsman

Am I cool or what?
I was a big fan of the original Blood Omen. I went ahead and picked up Soul Reaver when it came back even though I knew Silicon Knights didn't make it, and as I expected it was only mediocre. I also found Soul Reaver 2 to only be mediocre. However, the creators of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (Silicon Knights, and yes they did make 99% of the content) made a new game recently called Eternal Darkness and I really enjoyed it. It has a timeline that spans about 2000 years and you play 12 different characters. I really liked the music in Blood Omen and the guy who did the music for it also did the music for Eternal Darkness. It, of course, also has exceptional voice acting like Blood Omen, and it has a really nice battle/magic system. If you liked Blood Omen I suggest checking out Eternal Darkness if you ever get a chance.

You can download ED's soundtrack right here: http://eternaldarknessmusic.homestead.com/index3.html

Top Bottom