Calling all TES4:Oblivion players: Dragonslayer mod

So... I stumbled upon this mod that gives you a chance to wield the Dragonslayer :guts:
Thought all of you with Oblivion might enjoy it.

Here's some links to some screenies I took of my character wielding it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/kornbread/Oblivion2006-04-2501-20-09-35.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/kornbread/Oblivion2006-04-2501-20-16-23.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/kornbread/Oblivion2006-04-2501-20-21-06.jpg

And of course, a link to the mod:
http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=3320

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Hahaha, awesome! I was looking for this for awhile but couldn't find one, I'm glad someone made it! Although I hope it doesn't have the same issues as the Morrowind version; it just didn't feel like the DS.

Downloading now :guts:

It's kinda overpowered, but it gives you the choice of three settings. One is somewhat balanced (at least at higher levels), one is slightly overpowered, and the last is... erm quite strong, but at least its slow and heavy to make up for it.

Gluestick

Oh yes Evil Tree.
Hopefully this isn't like the Buster Sword weapon though I believe I installed that wrong.
Now just need a Berserker armor kind of armor I am pretty sure the qualites could be put in besides the spikes into broken bones thing.

CnC

Ad Oculos
hehe. I've been hearing good things about this game and now I've got a little more insentive to try it out...

Gluestick said:
Hopefully this isn't like the Buster Sword weapon though I believe I installed that wrong.
Now just need a Berserker armor kind of armor I am pretty sure the qualites could be put in besides the spikes into broken bones thing.

Yeah, it's not hard to install this version at all, although I was not able to install the original version.
You just need to copy the meshes, textures, and 3 .esp files from this one into the "data" folder in your Oblivion directory.

Then when you start up the game click on data files, and choose ONE of the three dragonslayer options (the variations are different power levels depending on your choice of if you want it balanced or overpowered), then just load a game and go to the Imperial Market City District, and it's in front of one of the statues :D.

Now we need a Guts skin... >> xD

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Yeah, we really do.. I would love to get a full Guts character in oblivion. That would be so awesome :serpico:

Got it to work, and it's a lot of fun. Pretty cool to just wander around the woods, come across some bandits, and send em flying with one swing.

Eh? Oblivion is an awesome game regardless of the dragonslayer or not.

Though it'd be sweet if someone could mod in various armours for him (The Hawks version, black swordsman, berserker, etc).

Then develop a face/hair for him or such.

Gluestick

Oh yes Evil Tree.
IsolatioN said:
That could be cool. Very hard, but cool. I could definitely see Berserk being pulled off in Oblivion's engine ;)
Eh it could be pulled off could prolly use a lot of Oblivion's existing scenery and weapons. I might try a little if this actually gives me the final push into learning C++ and other stuff to make annoying mods.

Stiler said:
Eh? Oblivion is an awesome game regardless of the dragonslayer or not.

Though it'd be sweet if someone could mod in various armours for him (The Hawks version, black swordsman, berserker, etc).

Then develop a face/hair for him or such.

Eh its another one of those overated games that I just dont get much like MGS3 and Halo 2. The combat is as clunky and awkward as the originals; somethings were fixed while others were made worse such as the fact that the graphics make it really obvious there is little to no real hit detection or readings from the enemy that you're even doing damage with attacks. The graphics arent nearly as good looking as were lead to believe with stuff being cut out over and over again like a Peter Molyneux game. In the end we're left with a jack of all trades that doesnt excel in anything.

HawaiianStallion said:
little to no real hit detection or readings from the enemy that you're even doing damage with attacks.

Well, there is at least some way to notice them losing health/if you're doing damage. When you're attack/aiming at them, their life bar appears over the crosshair. o_O

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
You must not be playing with blood decals enabled then. Not only are you shown spurts of blood upon hits but also, like Mercurii said, life bars are placed over the enemy when you move your cursor over. I really don't see how you can say it's graphics aren't everything they promised; apparently you can't run it on full graphics and/or your playing the Xbox360 version, which isn't near the graphical quality of the PC version on full graphics.

Although I do have to agree, there are slight hit detection problems, but not enough to make it a "bad" game. I personally enjoyed MGS3, but Halo 2 was passable.

The combat was just one of a myriad of problems and my complaint was that you are hacking and slashing away at these monsters and nothing really happens. You hack and get hacked, maybe a spell or something, and then one of you dies. The AI is pretty stupid as well so that doesnt help it when I'm looking at the chest of some night for a minute straight with no real damage modeling except for blood. Blood's in every game, its not really much of an indicator half the time since most of the time I'll swing my sword and miss despite the fact it appeared I hit them or vice versa.

The graphics arent very good and I've seen it on a high end computer. Character's look ugly (and not just because of the piss poor art design of the game), everything is plasticy as well but that's nothing new to a lot of games, among other graphical... problems I guess they would be called.

The game in general is just not very well made with a monstrous load of glitches, a ton of balance issues, and so on and so forth.

Its just not a very well made game that could have done with another year of work in my opinion.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
Its just not a very well made game that could have done with another year of work in my opinion.

That's because you haven't bought the patches yet! :troll:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I think thats really stupid.. I mean sure, 1-2 bucks isn't that much, but why pay for something that modders can do for free?

D

darkbane

Let me get this straight, coz I wasn't paying much attention since the release of TES4 (it being too expensive right now)... They make you pay for extra content? Like, for example, you'd have to pay for the Adamantium Helm if it was Morrowind?

Top Bottom