Recent content by biggerthanzodd

1. B

Dark Horse - Berserk Manga information

Re:Dark Horse Manga info please post here Shirow requested that those pages be edited.
  2. B

Rain

I would blame the Jet-Stream-- you never know what the Jet-Stream is up to, but it's usually no good. Oh, and don't forget the Atlantic Ocean.
  3. B

Berserk Screenplay

grumble...grumble
  4. B

Episode II

Alright Alright It was better than Starship Troopers, Armageddon, Planet of the Apes, AI, Bicentennial Man, Contact, Communion, The Cell, Demolition Man, Event Horizon, Final Fantasy, Galaxy Quest, Hollow Man, Independence Day, Judge Dredd, Johnny Mnemonic, K-Pax, Lawnmower Man, Men in Black...
  5. B

Episode II

The science please?
  6. B

Episode II

Hey, I liked the Matrix, but let's consider the limitations of the genre. The Matrix is bad science-fiction, but a very good action film. The science in Sci-Fi is generally questionable and vague. Carl Sagan posited this as his chief objection to the genre in Broca's Brain back in the seventies...
  7. B

Episode II

The Matrix had an unquestionably bad plot. ROBOTS TAKE OVAR TO USE TEH PEOPLE AS . . . BATERYS!!11@ Even a cursory examination reveals its incoherency. The science is laughable, and even worse, it doesn't really raise any ethical or moral questions. The style of the film skirts on puerile...
  8. B

If Hell exists in Berserk, is there a Heaven?

In Hades Achilles said to Odysseus that he would rather be a slave and alive than to be the king of all the dead. There was no Heaven to Homer, though there was a Hell.
  9. B

Zodd's Horn

Good old George Lucas, he has probably read all of Joseph Campbell's books and he still couldn't figure out that Jar-Jar wouldn't resonate with fans. Horns are often symbols of sexual virility and dominance. I'm not trying to say that Griffith and Zodd are having some sort of hidden passion...
  10. B

god / devil

I've always interpreted Griffith's statement to indicate his lack of an absolute moral imperative rather than a particular theological paradigm.
  11. B

Scanned Manga

The fact that American demand for manga-type comics is not as large as the Japanese is probably true, though I'm not sure if that's a product of a lack of affordable American manga-type comics or a genuine lack of interest for that type of media. It's probably a mixture of both. This is...
  12. B

ideas for some dreadful creatures

Classical Mythology usually works pretty well for this stuff, but if that seems a little stale you could try some more exotic mythology like that of the Aztecs. The natural world offers endless horror and fascination for someone with an eye for it. Use bones, exoskeletons, eyes, sinews, or...
  13. B

Scanned Manga

I think it's safe to say that Japan has a distinct competitive advantage in mass producing graphic novels on inexpensive materials. This probably stems from a long history of Japanese capital investments in paper-making technology. Americans will find trading goods such as grain or...
  14. B

Wheres the Boeing?

Thank you for being a lunatic and ignoring that thousands of officials, news reporters. police officials, eye-witnesses, airline workers, and cellular-phone company workers, federal investigators, satellite images of several countries, and did I mention news reporters? There is a man called...
Top Bottom