Recent content by Dekant

1. D

Replica of one of Guts' early swords

I hate to argue. but at 8k, a grown man could not easily properly wield it. Large swords, for large 6'4ft 240lb+ guys are in the 7 pound range. There is a major myth going around that historical sweords were 20-40 pounds, which simply is not true. Decoration swords, yes. Functional, not so much...
  2. D

What makes Berserk so great?

To me, Berserk is so great because it illustrates the desire of man to achieve his will against all odds. The characters are so very human, but they are faced with such an unreal, impossible challenge. Rejecting Fate. Is it possible? No matter what God's will may be, they struggle against...
  3. D

It's halloween!!!

I like it. Nice post.
  4. D

1000 year incarnation ritual

-if- this is the first time, then something still has to happen to the current set of God Hand members. While things are begining to lean things towards a total merger of worlds, one would think that there is no need for another ritual, all of the GH will be stopping by soon anyway, check...
  5. D

Thanks. That's really all I wanted. I thought maybe you heard something else by now via an interview, or a magazine, or a Japanese friend of yours who is a cousin to someone who works on Berserk. I'm not really trying to sell the idea that Ganishka was a God Hand, or that Skull Knight was...
  6. D

Ok, as far as I understand(and searched), every 1000 years, there is a ritual of incarnation, to bring a God Hand member into the ordinary material world. The only person mentioned at all in the searches as far as that 1000 year thing goes is SK . He's mentioned frequently in that time line...
  7. D

Guts' Kill Roster: How many has he REALLY killed?

I'm not questioning your knowledge of Berserk. You and Aaz are like encyclopedias. But I think it is safe to say that since the eclipse, Miura did not include each and every night. Meaning, Guts most definately has many more kills than are on your roster. (granted, there's no way to include that...
  8. D

Predict or create a Berserk ending with speculations :)

I'll sum up a possible ending with 2 quotes. "Just like a human. No matter how great you are, one mistake, just one stroke of a sword.... and you die. " "In the end, it all comes down to who blinks first. Who wavers with everything on the line. Even with all his power... I made God blink."...
  9. D

Berserk on a motion picture?!?!?

Of course. I just focused on Femto because that's what was mentioned before I  posted. I'd actually prefer to play Guts(no chance in hell though), but I didn't expect my comment to even get a response, let alone a clarifying one.
  10. D

What I meant was, how many people would want to play femto.
  11. D

If she's Casca, could you imagine the line of actors who want to be Griffith/Femto? I'm first, I called it!
  12. D

Your own Dragonslayer

Thanks for the height. I was wondering about that for a long time. All I was saying was, I don't think Guts was refering to one of the larger-end swords. Hence, a "normal" sword might be in the range of 3 pounds. He said his sword was 3 times the weight of a "normal sword." As I was assuming...
  13. D

Your own Dragonslayer

But then Guts was referring to a "normal sword". A big "great sword" wasn't very normal either. I just took it to mean a normal soldier's sword, though yes, I agree, length would play quite a role. Any guess on Guts' height? After this, I'll be done hijacking the thread
  14. D

Your own Dragonslayer

True, it may be pretty small towards Guts' sword, it is still pretty big. I'm not sure how well these figures translated over from manga to anime, but in the anime, Guts says soemthign to the effect of his sword being 3 times as heavy, and 3 times as thick as a normal sword. If a normal...
  15. D

Your own Dragonslayer

I found it http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32010&highlight=berserk+john+lundemo Here's the thread it has all the specs and info on it, in case soemone here wants to try and commission one.
Top Bottom