Recent content by DuskSprite

1. DuskSprite

FloraCast Episode 2: Women's Berserk discussion

I finally got around to listening to these today, and I was so invested in your discussions that I ended up listening to Episode 2 immediately after the first. I can only echo what others have said in that getting a female perspective on Berserk, which often feels like this hyper-masculine...
  2. DuskSprite

What Zelda items would you like to see return in the next installment of Zelda?

I have no idea why they decided climbing, which gatekeeps the player while not at all being a fun mechanic to play with, would be better than hookshotting your way around. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of BoTW, but that along with the wolf companion being restricted to plastic toy DLC was a...
  3. DuskSprite

Episode 353

Oh my god what an incredible episode. For some reason all I can think of when I see Mozgus is this sound.
  4. DuskSprite

What Are You Playing?

As much as I love Demon's Souls (it's my favourite FromSoftware game by a significant margin) I can't say I'm all that upset about Dark Souls taking the spotlight. Part of the charm of From's action RPGs (such as King's Field and Shadow Tower) is that they've never been widely accesable in the...
  5. DuskSprite

Dark Horse Berserk Blurb Compendium

Yeah, I mean hopefully I'm not coming off as some kind of prude when it comes to the violence in Berserk since I love that shit, whether its Guts taking Rochine's horn through his face or Mozgus grinding up nightmare penis monsters, I'm 100% down for that, but to act like it is ONLY that while...
  6. DuskSprite

Dark Horse Berserk Blurb Compendium

God, these are terrible. I can't help but wonder if Dark Horse's presentation of the manga has something to do with the misconception some people have that Berserk is this grimdark and edgy gorefest and nothing else. I mean really, if you didn't know any better would reading those blurbs make...
  7. DuskSprite

Looking for awesome Berserk music on YouTube

I don't know if I'd call this 'awesome' exactly, but I was playing the PS2 game recently when this one track really stood out to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xJ_0QUxLVk It's a shame there isn't any discussion on the video itself since I find this song to be incredibly atmospheric, as I...
  8. DuskSprite

Little Things You Love About Berserk

One of my favourite things about Berserk is actually the lighter fantasy elements within the story. It's true that Berserk can be a very dark series, and I really appreciate how Miura isn't afraid to show the more wicked side of humanity that we often try to overlook within ourselves (as well as...
Top Bottom