Recent content by feralotter

1. F

The Count's Daughter

I agree the circumstances or desires for the separation them may be different, the reasons given are justified in the mind of that protector / father figure. Also, now that I think about it, Casca, despite being confined, also had those two for company and wasn't alone all the time. Charlotte...
  2. F

The Count's Daughter

One thing I noticed on my last re-read, is how elements of Theresa's situation, locked away and isolated "for her own protection" against the outside world by a father / protector, aligns with what happens to several other female characters, namely Charlotte, for obvious reasons, but also Casca...
  3. F

Berserk Hiatus for 19+ Weeks—A New Record

It's fake. Move along, nothing to see here.
  4. F

Berserk and Yahoo

I'll just leave this here. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130614205227AA8TWfm
  5. F

Episode 320

I'm speechless. This episode was visceral, and the ship graveyard was particularly evocative. And another in less than 3 weeks? These are good times. :badbone:
  6. F

Episode 312

How can you not love the feel of this island. Now with bizarre interactions with villagers. Fantastic. And the two sitting at the table just eating raw fish? WTF? I think that furthers the case for the towns people being possessed by the sea god, like the pirates, and they are acting as...
  7. F

Episode 310

Fantastic. Clearly Guts is not impressed. Can't wait for the translation. Maybe the Captain still has a final-form boss attack? I don't think I count them done yet.
  8. F

Least Favorite Berserk Character

I used to feel sort of the same, but my opinion of Nina changed on the last read-through. And I agree, there is nothing redeeming about her at all. But look at her character and what happens in the reality of the world of Berserk. There is no possible way someone like her could stand up the...
  9. F

Someone's working on an American Berserk screenplay

Didn't know whether to start a new thread or just resurrect this one - but it seems like an update to this thread, same dude involved Northrop. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-08-18/berserk-baki-barefoot-gen-pitched-to-hollywood Bottom line it isn't close to being greenlit yet. But...
  10. F

Origin stories

On a personal note, I almost just responded with 'just check out Dark Horse vol. 5 pg. 59' that being the place where I read it, but I seem to have developed mistrust for their translations (gee, where did I learn that? :ganishka:) plus I didn't want to be caught with that classic pants-down, so...
  11. F

Origin stories

Doh. That search feature is pretty sweet. Thanks. http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=1527.0 It's probably just as well. If it never happens, I won't be disappointed. I'll still wonder though. Giving him a parental story would be a weird juxtaposition to the self-made struggler...
  12. F

Origin stories

So I looked through the posts in this section and didn't see this topic, but if it goes on somewhere else, please let me know. What's the story with Guts's parents? We've gotten everything in his actual life, but I wonder if there is any significance in how his mother ended up on that tree...
  13. F

Episode 305

Not to get too off topic... But I think I know how you feel, it sounds familiar to when I was coming off the anime and volumes 18 and 19 were coming out and I thought that, 'man, this really isn't the berserk that I watched and grew so fond of, it seems different not in a good way. What is...
  14. F

Episode 302

I really like this debate - personally I want to go with 'light-catching' because, hey, Griffith is going to suck up all the light and bring on the Age of Darkness! :troll: It also took me a third look to realize that page 4 is G taking a step.
  15. F

Episode 298

Nothing like demon on demon action, with the mere mortals waiting on the sidelines, to see who their next ruler (destroyer?) is. Kinda symbolic of the whole 'humans are weak' (but want to live!) and what happens to their lives is completely outside their control. Except for that one guy, his...
Top Bottom