Recent content by Frog

1. Frog

Dark Horse Releases

I was glad to see translated SFX in Volume 12. An appendix would be ideal, but I'd rather have this than nothing. Not being able to read the sounds actually does affect my understanding of the story in some cases.
  2. Frog

Dark Horse Releases

Someone should change the name of this thread to "Slow down Dark Horse!!" P.S. Hurry up Dark Horse
  3. Frog

Do you listen to Berserk music when reading the manga?

Yup! My Berserk playlist includes Beherit, Ghosts, Guts, Murder, Fear, Monster, Earth, Forces, Forces2, Zodd2, Indra, Sign, and Sign2. For me, Hirasawa's music elevates Berserk to a new level of greatness. Since I don't understand Japanese at all, the voice is just like another instrument!
  4. Frog

We should have a VS in the encyclopedia.

This is something I'd love to read, I have a hard time following action in manga sometimes.
  5. Frog

Story Discussion: Dark Horse readers only [NO SPOILERS]

I'll concede that Guts is also super-human, even more than Silat. The difference is that the author has managed to sell me on Guts as a character, I understand how he thinks and what he feels. Silat, on the other hand, just seems like a mouthpiece for the author. Most of his dialogue is just...
  6. Frog

I know you don't agree, but in my opinion some of Silat's skills do border on being superhuman. Of course. I agree that many of the Hawks are exceptional, but I think it could be in part because they are inspired or influenced by Griffith. Even Guts is forced to try harder and live up to...
  7. Frog

Well, I'd much rather talk about all the things in Berserk that I like, instead of defending my opinions about the one or two things I didn't like. This is a hell of a way to introduce myself to the boards! What I meant here was, it doesn't seem realistic that anyone would go on the way Silat...
  8. Frog

This whole thing about the Guts/Silat fight has become a much bigger deal than I meant it to be. That scene just didn't feel as natural to me as the rest of the volume, that's all. It really has nothing to do with Silat's abilities, or the weapons he used, or anything like that. What bothered...
  9. Frog

You're not gonna let me get away with disliking this scene, are you? Now you've got me reading it again to try and pin down what bugged me about it. It's hard to explain where the dialogue rings true for me and where it makes me roll my eyes without quoting every last speech bubble and...
  10. Frog

Well, that's really not the impression I got from the anime. The Hawks were in pretty bad shape from being hunted for a year, members deserting, lots of wounded, etc, and Casca had reasons for not being in top shape for that fight. She was overtired, under a lot of pressure trying to replace...
  11. Frog

I'm actually not that good at figuring out what's going on in manga/comic books in general...maybe I need to read more of them? In particular, Guts using the 'wind' from his sword to counter the urumi. I doubt I ever would have figured that out if someone hadn't explained it to me.
  12. Frog

Yeah, the thing is, if Silat wasn't describing it every step of the way, I might not be able to follow what was going on! So it is sort of necessary for such complex action scenes, but it still bugs me. Maybe I wouldn't mind it if they just had Silat thinking all these things, rather than...
  13. Frog

Yeah, I read the post from Chris, interesting read! I just thought it was particularly funny in this context, where Guts is naming him. If he had exclaimed "A Skeleton Knight!", that would seem like a more natural reaction, but "The Knight of Skeleton!" makes it sound like he's reading the...
  14. Frog

Just finished volume nine...wow! So, we finally get to meet that Skull Knight I hear so much about! Or in this version, "The Knight of Skeleton". That translation seems especially strange here, since it's not the name he introduces himself with, Guts just blurts it out. He sees a guy dressed...
  15. Frog

Has anyone else ONLY been following the DH releases?

You're not alone Hatter, I've also been reading only the Dark Horse version.  I really wouldn't mind reading it off my screen, but I wait for DH because I want to experience it with the highest quality printing and translation.  The 'scanlations' available online just don't cut it. It is...
Top Bottom