Recent content by Herald of Yama

1. H

Who is the worst father in Berserk?

Perhaps because I consider hypocrisy to be such a negative trait, I chose Zepec over the rest. As CnC pointed out, Gambino never considered himself to be Guts' father. His few acts of kindness toward Guts were probably little more than salving a guilty conscience. He didn't act like a father...
  2. H

Supreme King Aolsier: Previous DS owner

I may be going by a bad translation here, but didn't Zodd tell Guts during their first battle that "no man has evaded my sword this long in fifty years" ? Could he have fought with a young Aolsier? I'll admit, it seems doubtful; Zodd isn't the sort to let any opponent leave the battlefield...
  3. H

A one-eyed swordsman?

The throwing knives are another story, though. :guts:
  4. H

A one-eyed swordsman?

To reiterate what Saiya said, Guts has an uncanny sense of presence. An example of this, post-Eclipse, is in vol. 14. Another notable instance of Guts' sense of presence was in vol. 9 when Skull Knight blindsided him, and Guts commented on it. And that was when he still had both eyes.
  5. H

Does anyone think that Caska's just going to be fine after Elfheim?

Re: Does anyone think that Casca's just going to be fine after Elfhelm? Thanks for clearing that up, Aaz. But really, I was just using a bit of irony :schierke: Indeed it has. If I recall correctly Puck also claimed that elves had the power to make people happy, too. Of course, he might have...
  6. H

Re: Does anyone think that Casca's just going to be fine after Elfhelm? I liked the points about PTSD and therapy. Since therapy typically involves talking with the person, gaining their trust, and getting them to look at what their problems are, aknowledge that they are problems, and then talk...
  7. H

Does it matter if the God Hand is dead?

Sorry, I always figured that the GodHand's influence in the Physical world was directly related to Idea fulfilling humanity's desire for a reason. Since the human ego cannot exist in the Ideal world, and since Idea cannot project itself even as far as the Astral, it needs proxies. Enter the...
  8. H

Does it matter if the God Hand is dead?

Does it matter if the GodHand dies? Yes and no. I do agree that the current 'plan' of the GodHand is in no wise good. They are, after all, humans who sacrificed what was most dear to them and became demons. Also, I could be mistaken, but is not their guiding mantra similar to that of the...
  9. H

Re: Does anyone think that Casca's just going to be fine after Elfhelm? Um, Guts stayed sane? Admittedly, he never "lost it" completely like Casca did, but despite his lucidity he was bat-shit insane: the Beast is both representative of and manifested from that insanity.
  10. H

Will the prophecy realize itself?

Its just giving the people what they want while doing so in a way that doesn't compromise itself. The people want a savior. They also want evil to be transcendent over their destinies. These two ideas are diametrically opposed. In short, the only way to give them what they want and what they...
  11. H

Will the prophecy realize itself?

If Slan's description of the Age of Darkness is accurate (viz. "the dead shall overcome the living.") I see no reason that "later, people shall refer to this as the Age of Darkness." By that sentence alone, humanity is doomed. If the dead overcome the living, no one will be alive to call that...
  12. H

Episode 279

Although I don't agree with all of cajunman's post, one bit did stand out: The Pontiff being on his deathbed. To this end, Griffith is not likely to alienate/destroy the Vandimion, since one of Federico's sons is next in line for the position. The ruling of one dead Pontiff, who was never known...
  13. H

The Duke Nukem Forever List

Just hope he takes as long to make the movie as it takes to make this game.
  14. H

Happiest moment in Berserk

After the battle with Zodd and before the assassination of Julius. Guts feels a little more comfortable being in the Hawks after Griffith explains that he doesn't need a reason to stick his neck out for him. Of course, not everyone is happy right then-but there doesn't seem to be a time when...
  15. H

Suspects of serial killings

Two factors are very important for a serial killer to commit multiple murders-mobility and anonymity. The first is rather easy in the U.S. Automobiles are widely available at prices ranging from a few hundred dollars to a few hundred thousand. The Interstate Highway system also helps...
Top Bottom