Recent content by Holsety

1. H

Happiest moment in Berserk

See, my attitude is...to rely on that is not a good decision. If Griffith had brought more troops, which likely would've been permissable, he wouldn't have been risking as much. Yes, the strategy worked...but exactly how sure was that homopederast lord to leave the castle? Griffith judged him...
  2. H

What are you reading?

Personally I think 1984 is a good book but that Brave New World - to which it is oft compared - is better. More than anything else, because BNW depicts a government that believes it is doing good, while 1984's govt feels like control for the sake of control. However, I'm not a great respected...
  3. H

Happiest moment in Berserk

A lot of people talked about memories of Guts with the Hawks.... Personally I was never able to really find those moments "happy". Sure, everything looked like it was going well, but I was never really able to accept that Guts was in the right place in the Hawks, mainly because of the 'dirty...
  4. H

Getting the Dragon Slayer on the Myth Busters show

It is worth noting that it's no longer just simple iron; I believe they've now talked once or twice about the changes that have occurred in the sword because of its constant close proximity to Guts, so that it's now within the boundary between worlds, as is Guts. Therefore one could argue that...
  5. H

What are you reading?

OMG Sancho Panza is so goddamn cool (justification for that statement...not included). He even faces up to fierce blanketers! I'm reading it for the first time, very fun. I've recently been reading a few things by Wright; Native Son didn't sit well but the Outsider was an effective take on The...
  6. H

Maus

I felt like the animal symbolism stuff was fine for easily identifying various cultures and groups. You look at any character and know precisely what sort of general category they fall into, even if the clothes and such that they wear aren't uniform with what other jews/germans/etc wear (though...
  7. H

Serpico and Griffith

This doesn't, as a strategist, better than Serpico. I doubt someone would claim that Zodd or the Skull Knight have displayed better strategy but clearly both are superior to Serpico. Serpico has used incredible tactical skill which placed Guts in a good deal of danger during the cliff fight, and...
  8. H

Hardest video game you've ever played?

I know what you mean about the vengeance thing. Although IIRC you can turn off team damage, whenever it's on it's nearly impossible not to kill each other (even by accident, let alone all the purposeful killing that goes on). However all in all I found it to be not too challenging. The third...
Top Bottom