Recent content by SlyapBG

1. SlyapBG

Episode 375

Episode 376 releases and it turns out all prior episodes were just a dream sequence Guts had when he saw his son changing into Griffith. That's why it took so long for the episode to come out, they were trying to figure out how to revert the story.
  2. SlyapBG

Guts vs Zodd second fight by Noggi

I think he's trying to say it looks so good it could be 2D digital or hand drawn. I really don't think the technology or his skills are there yet. It's literally on the level of "Mortal Kombat The Journey Begins" with its lack of weight and "umph". I mean, yeah, he put effort into it and he...
  3. SlyapBG

Akira Toriyama passes away at age 68

It's definitely a formal end of an era when so many of the pre-2000s mangaka have left this world. The zeitgeist is different, yet people still hold dear to themselves the memories of their cherished stories. It's not just watching an anime, or reading a manga, or a book, or listing to music, to...
  4. SlyapBG

Akira Toriyama passes away at age 68

The pop-culture side of the Internet that loves manga and anime has become distraught over the passing of one of the legends of the Japanese comics industry. I think few people of his era are left. His most known works are Dragonball and Dr.Slump. Dragonball is probably the work that pioneered...
  5. SlyapBG

Indeed, it shows that just being an animator isn't enough to make a cool animation. Directorial knowledge is a necessity. It also shows that without buildup a fight can be really lame. A person might know that already if he's seen any recorded street fight. And all of his references were Shonen...
  6. SlyapBG

This YouTuber and animator Noggi has animated the manga panels of the second Guts & Zodd fight from the manga. He details the process which he used to make the animation first, for some reason, and after he plugs his newsletter, you can finally watch the animated sequence in the end (minute 15:03).
  7. SlyapBG

Hello everyone

It appears you haven't seen "Troy" with Brad Pitt, a bad movie based on Homer's "Iliad", a classic of the Western canon. A worse one is "Helen of Troy", a TV series. China isn't the only civilisation that makes bad adaptations of great works, it's okay.
  8. SlyapBG

Hello everyone

I don't understand why you are distraught at the possibility of some bad screenwriter adapting Berserk. It can't be any worse than what's already happened with the franchise, surely.
  9. SlyapBG

Joined 2003, last seen 2023. That's pretty cool.

Joined 2003, last seen 2023. That's pretty cool.
  10. SlyapBG

Maps of Berserk

I decided to give my hand a try at figuring out where borders and cities would be. I used Europe as a base, but I think it's basically impossible to determine, however it was sort of fun to do. I thought Tudor would be something like the Angevin Empire or a mix between it and Cnut's realm. It...
  11. SlyapBG

Episode 375

That Guts' falling on his face is the same level of meme as someone from Gundam dying. I think?
  12. SlyapBG

Episode 375

It was always a Christian Church before it became a mosque. My point is this building should have been used as a reference for buildings dedicated to the religion of the Holy See, not as a refuge for the Bakiraka or Kushan exiles. Or whoever these people are. I may have misread things...
  13. SlyapBG

Episode 375

Wait... GAGA has used a Christian Church for the basis of their home? Instead of something Hindu and Buddhist, Afghan or Persian?
  14. SlyapBG

Stuff that reminds you of BERSERK

This tree with many branches onto which several people were hung reminds me of the tree in Berserk.
  15. SlyapBG

Farnese's demonstration in episode 360 is misleading

I tried to look up events in the manga to back up my claim, but I couldn't turn up anything that could determinably support it. I tried to reverse my thought pattern to understand why I posted that, but all I came up with was some error in logical summation of traits that the nobility have in...
Top Bottom