Recent content by umop_3pisdn

1. U

Do you believe in God?

Hahaha, it's true, but for me at least it was one of those things where once it was raised to my attention I couldn't actually put it to rest without actually... putting it to rest (in my own mind at least). I'm also one of those kooky types that actually enjoys metaphysical contemplation, so if...
  2. U

Do you believe in God?

That doesn't contradict what I said, my phrasing was vague, I said "beyond that required to dismiss it as being insignificant", which may be a lot of thought or it may be little :P Again, I was vague, I meant dismiss in more of a 'felt' way, as in that it actually forms ones perspective rather...
  3. U

Do you believe in God?

How is that a contradiction? My point is only that no experience of God is possible therefore is there any reason that we should even be thinking about it? Epistemologically speaking experience is the only thing that we can have absolute certainty in.
  4. U

Do you believe in God?

I like Ignosticism, but personally I'm more fond of Apatheism. Mostly because I have my doubts that the question of God is even deserving any thought beyond that required to dismiss it as insignificant. My reasoning is probably somewhat similar to yours only I adopt more of a phenomenological...
  5. U

What are you listening to? (general music thread)

The new Lady Gaga single is pretty eh. Kind of generic and Madonna-ish, the chorus is pretty boring and a little too gay for me. I'll have to return my queer card :puck: edit: youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjm27EI0I3U
  6. U

Games to look forward to!

I'm getting a 3DS just for Paper Mario, myself. TTYD was easily one of my favorite games of last gen.
  7. U

This song is so good (the video is really cool too) CREEP - Days
  8. U

What are you reading?

I'm re-reading Narcissus and Goldmund by Herman Hesse. The best 'existentialist' novel ever.
  9. U

Recommendations for Manga

I've been watching it, but as always the manga is better.
  10. U

Recommendations for Manga

I'm pretty fond of Hourou Musuko, but it's in a completely different genre.
  11. U

Sigur Ros is indeed good, but I can't comment on many of the other artists due to lack of familiarity. As for favorite artists... 1. Autechre! These dudes are basically my internal image of what "musical genius" is. I can't imagine their creative process/how they make the music they do...
  12. U

Episode 296

I think it's mostly because the method Ganishka used is more or less an experiment without much precedent, and thus there's a lot of room still to discover unwanted side effects. We don't really understand how infusing beings with the darker energies of the astral world works, and I don't think...
  13. U

What makes Berserk so great?

I'd find it hard to articulate the vast appeal Berserk holds for me. I was first exposed to it when I was about seventeen or so, and it has so intensely changed the way I view the world and my life since that time. Literally, it's one of the cornerstones in my inner-world. I very consistently...
Top Bottom