Recent content by Vodnak

1. V

How will Zodd meet his end?

I never said it had ANYTHING to do with worldview? I was explaining why I felt the way I did about Zodd's back story potentially not being told. If I'm wrong about that, then great I sure as hell hope I am. I don't know what Miura plans on doing. Why is what I'm saying being interpreted...
  2. V

That's a great point, I guess I'll try to keep that in mind for the future. I'll still have to leave a little room though for being disappointed just in case, but hey I'm hoping that you're right and Zodd gets a few pages of his own dedicated to revealing the mystery surrounding his past. He's...
  3. V

Right, I should elaborate. The Count, Rochine, the Beherit-Apostle, Ganishka, and Balzac are lesser apostles in the overall story of Berserk, and the fact of the matter is, they've been given some back story after 37 volumes, yet Zodd hasn't. Perhaps it makes me a little doubtful, I just...
  4. V

I've always liked Zodd pretty well. I don't really have much in mind for how he would meet his end, but I definitely don't think for a second that when he does die, he'll die peacefully. Also, it'd be pretty interesting to get a glimpse of per-apostle Zodd. But it's not very likely I imagine.
  5. V

Digitally Distributed PC games ON SALE Thread

Let me save you 10 or 15 hours; don't do it. I played it twice and I couldn't convince myself that it was a good game. Too many flaws in the story and the game mechanics didn't feel very polished either, combat just felt like it was a chore. There are better ways to spend 10$.
  6. V

Speculation about Movie IV

I'm assuming when you say one arguably has you're referring to the 97' Anime TV Series. If so, here are my .02$. I think the Anime was really not that bad. Maybe it wasn't perfect, but what is? The only real complaint I have is the omission of The Black Swordsman story Arc, and the omission of...
  7. V

Need help, what is the best way to read Manga? look inside :)

I was in Germany for a little while, and there was this little book shop called das Verlies that had the whole series on sale at the particular time I was there for like 210$. I'm not sure how much of a savings that is, but at the time 34 volumes had been released so it seemed like a good deal.
  8. V

Is hot food addictive?

That's funny, hot sauce was a really popular item during my 2nd tour of duty. Guys would ask for their families back home to send them hot sauce so they could mix it in with the MREs, and God knows you needed something like hot sauce to make those things taste better lol. But yeah not using hot...
  9. V

Berserk Redux: A Fanedit of the Golden Age and the '97 anime

I may have been harsh in the comment I made before, so I am looking forward to see this next part. Best of luck to you and I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.
  10. V

How did you find out about Berserk?

Lol I don't really think that would happen either, the series has just been going for a very long time, that's all I was really trying to point out. :guts:
  11. V

How did you find out about Berserk?

A friend introduced me to the Anime back in 2002. A year later I deployed to Iraq and that same friend sent me copies of the Manga while I was away, it took me a while to really appreciate the manga since I was still convinced at the time that the Anime was better, but when I got to volume 11 I...
  12. V

Berserk Redux: A Fanedit of the Golden Age and the '97 anime

Not to their discredit, but I viewed some of it and I wasn't particularly impressed. An entirely new series should be created to fully remedy the persistent problems within the 1997 anime and the movies for that matter. Again the likelihood of that is slim and none, there seems to be no...
  13. V

Speculation about Movie IV

The time constraints placed on an OVA makes it hard to really capture everything about the story. Berserk has such a large and complex story that would make it difficult for the animation house producing the OVA to meet those time constraints. I have to agree with Tripas, if anything it needs a...
  14. V

Why didn't Skull Knight kill Griffith before the eclipse?

I don't think the battle with Zodd is a very good example. He barely made it out alive. Zodd recognized the Crimson Beherit and that saved his bacon. And I also have to disqualify the petty assassination attempts that some of the nobility made on Griffith too.. we're hypothetically talking about...
  15. V

The God Hand and Falconia

This really is a little off topic, so I apologize in advance. This is an argument I heard that I found to be kind of interesting; I don't necessarily agree with it myself, but it got me thinking. Briefly speaking, the basis of the argument is that Griffith is serving the subconscious desires...
Top Bottom