Recent content by willowhugger

1. W

Berserk the Manga Re-read Thread Vol. 3

Wow, we're having trouble coming up with comments on this one (Or we're all just insanely busy like I've been). Personally, this finishes off one of my favorite plots in the Manga. The entirety of the story works from pretty much top to bottom and comes off as utterly perfect. What really...
  2. W

Berserk the Manga Re-read Thread Vol. 3

Berserk Manga 3 You know the drill guys, share and discuss your thoughts. Feel free to analyze or talk about specific issues. Just remember that there's no spoilers allowed beyond the latest Dark Horse books.
  3. W

What I don't understand about Guts

1. I don't know about that... If it's still an open wound to him, he doesn't really show it. When was the last time Guts flipped out over someone touching him? Berserk Manga Volume 2? 2. No, he doesn't. The people Guts has killed, by and large, were necessities of his life first as a...
  4. W

Why doesn't Griffith kill Guts? (and other stuff)

I also think the Demon Child was absorbed into the vessel by chance more than anything.
  5. W

Berserk the Manga Re-read Thread Vol. 1 (Spoilers) 9/25/08 - 10/2/08

I think Guts is just being a d*** because of his foul mood. Especially because the guy is a priest.
  6. W

Berserk the Manga Re-Read Project Vol. 2 (Spoilers) 10/3/08 - 10/10/08

Huh. That explains that short little snippet comic that was included with (I think) Dark Horse Volume 24. Basically, it had Puck and a slightly similiar but different guts (this one had an Eyepatch) hunting the followers of a God of Darkness. It was a lot more fantasy and less edgy than...
  7. W

Something about Griffith just doesn't seem right to me

To be fair, Vanheat, I think the gayness issue is actually subtext rather than something you're imagining. Just as easily, you could argue that he's actively repulsed by it though (given his experiences with Gennon). But I think Griffith's androgyny is a major character point. He's meant to...
  8. W

Story Discussion: Dark Horse readers only [NO SPOILERS]

Okay. But is how it pronounced in Japanese relevant, if its a mispronunciation? Just a question. It might be what's in Japanese is unrelated to the real life concept, but it's food for thought.
  9. W

1. Is it? How exactly do you know? 2. Are you sure? I'm not sure if that's entirely correct. Especially since Causality was created by Dreams and that's a major theme of the work.
  10. W

It's thus interesting to speculate how much is this just Guts wandering around and how much of him deliberately seeking revenge on the Hawk's killers. OTOH, it could just be that ALL Apostles were there and thus ALL Apostles killed the Hawks.
  11. W

Something about Griffith just doesn't seem right to me

I'm not so sure about that. The very fact is that Guts is trying to live for himself, but he's also pretty directionless at this point. It may be that he's already made the choice to become the Best Swordsmen there is as his "Dream" but otherwise is just doing some thinking about his life. I...
  12. W

Hey Deci, WB. Actually, I think there's a subtle bit of characterization here. In this case, I think Guts did want to rescue Vargas but ultimately decided that it was impossible. That's why he showed up despite his statement to Puck. I think Guts is trying to keep people at arm's length...
  13. W

In Mage: The Ascension, it was pronounced "Quil-i-poth." It's a real magical concept. It depends on the deal. If there was ever a foreign language release of my books then I would receive the same amount of a percentage from them as I would for the English release of my books, despite them...
  14. W

Berserk Volume 2 Review by Charles Phipps Berserk Volume 2 is last part of the "random adventures" portion of the Berserk series. The battle against Count Caterpillar will be the last Apostle Hunt we'll see for an extremely long time. This is actually a very good thing as it prevents the...
Top Bottom