Heavenly Sword... a sort of female God of war?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Gametrailers just posted a video review for MGS... oh wait, Heavenly Sword.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24686.html

It got a 7.9.

Edit:

Gamespot just gave it an 8.0. Overall its averaging around the high 7's.

Well now. Ninja Gaiden 2 everyone.
First one was great. This one is 'exclusively' for 360.
"Currently, Ninja Gaiden 2 is set for a worldwide release on the Xbox 360 sometime in 2008. However, unlike its predecessors, it won't be ported to other consoles down the line. Instead of being published by Tecmo, holder of the Ninja Gaiden license, the game is being bankrolled and distributed directly by Microsoft Game Studios."

I just bought a PS3 and I rented Heavenly Sword. This game is great, totally awesome. I know critics aren't that good but don't trust them because everything is good in it. Gameplay, story and characters get you sucked in very quickly. The battle system is very similar to God of War but the best thing in Heavenly Sword is the sniping mode; when you fire the crossbow or bazooka, you have to control the arrows/bullets with the controller in a slow motion screen until you hit the target who then dies with an incomparable realism.

I rented Lair at the same time but this game just plain suck. Nothing else to say about this one.

CnC

Ad Oculos
guts97 said:
when you fire the crossbow or bazooka, you have to control the arrows/bullets with the controller in a slow motion screen until you hit the target who then dies with an incomparable realism.

...I just find that statement funny.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Proj2501 said:
I'll go on record and say that this game...sucked. Sloppy controls and mediocre graphics. Story was lame as well.

Sorry to dig this old thread up but I just rented this game. And may I say, I'm sooooo glad I didn't buy it. Steer clear of this game, it is truly boring.

Pro-tip: While fighting, it helps to strategize your attack in advance based on the enemy type you're fighting- paying special attention to the available combo lists...
Ah hell, who am I kidding? Just furiously tap (Square) and (Triangle) until inevitable victory.

The motion control parts are not only clunky but just aren't that much fun. Theres no reason I have to be wobbling my controller around (like a jackass) to try and guide an arrow around a tree when my analog stick would defy physics just as well.

I think the graphics are very good. I really like the way skin is shaded, and the lighting is nice. Just one point tho, Nariko's hair appears to be some kind of parasitic squid- writhing it's tentacles around her figure awkwardly. All the work going into her facial animation (and so far there have been at least 3 scenes where we lock onto her face for 10-20 seconds) is immediately discounted when one of the squid's tentacles decides to latch onto her lower lip or shoulder.

Animation and facial capture is spot on, and very interesting to watch. It's a pity the story's shit. So girl in a string bikini (in the snow) decides to use a magic sword (that's twice the size of her) against an evil force? God, that story meeting must have lasted 30 seconds. The only real saving grace is Andy Serkis delivers a very entertaining performance as the King, the rest is immediately forgettable.

This game is one of the prettiest piles of dung out there, I'm just so glad I didn't waste 60 bucks for the experience.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's amazing CnC but you just about perfectly summarized the idea I had formed about the game from various reviews/feedback.

Top Bottom