Schierke Color Start

429.jpg

Well, it's a start, I've been really lazy. Yeah. I'll finish it some time. Probably.

Tell me what you think.

I just noticed, the conversion to .jpeg ruined alot of the lines. It'll look a little better next time.

Blue colour please...

I know you guys want some creativity, but if you want to gang up as a team to colour the whole scans altogether then i believe the clothes of each character should be the same right?

Unless you are colouring it for yourself then i should say... Sorry ;D

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Reixor (Super Pirate) said:
Well, it's a start, I've been really lazy. Yeah. I'll finish it some time. Probably.

Tell me what you think.

Quite frankly I kinda like the way it is :-\
Kudos

Guil-BANNED! said:
Tell me if i'm wrong, smith, but isn't Schierke in purple ? (and Serpie in cyan )

Guil

If you look at the Original Illustrations from the TCG, you're totally right about the colors:

g_011.jpg
g_013.jpg

Yeah, I actually knew she is purple, but if you look at her and the surroundings, it seems like a very evil atmosphere, and red just seemed more devious.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
This is when Shirke sneaks up on Guts and co. right? This perticular frame is from their perspective, not the omnicient reader. Their understandable paranoia is playing tricks on their mind. This little girl seems like a serious threat.

Colors should play up their fears. Shirke I think, dispite her good nature, should seem as forebodeing as possible in this shot. After all, Guts and co are freaked at this point I think. (my memory is quite unreliable and fuzzy on the perticulars, if I had this frame in further context... but I don't feel like digging)

I think it'd be more natural for the mind to twist brighness and saturation rather then hue. Rather then adjust the robe towards red, I'd suggest darkening and muteing the color a bit. Bring out the face in the tree (to the left of the end of her staff) as much as you can (try to find others as well).

Also, if you try to maximize the paranoia distortion effect, go for a more sureal look. When the paranoid mind plays tricks, it doesn't do a half-assed job of it.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Actually, I think this shot is in the end of a chapter but this isn't from Guts band perspective. Just to let you know...

Guil

Top Bottom