The Host

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
I'm suprised nobody posted on this yet, (at least, the search feature didn't turn up anything) check it out.

www.hostmovie.com

Horror with some Sardonic humour, looks pretty good to me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oh wow, The Host, I didn't register what movie it was at first. I saw it last year. It's not very good, I'm sorry to say. I wouldn't recommend people to go to the theater to see this. Probably not even to rent it. Its most distinguishing feature is a vaguely disguised (but relatively justified) criticism of the USA's general behavior toward Korea.

Hmm, it has a 95% or so on rottentomatoes.com, but I'm willing to take Aaz's advice on this one. You know, I realize that U.S. imperialism is a major problem and whatnot, but we were/are pretty much the only reason they were able to get such high speed internet access and access to Blizzard games.

A

avidwriter

I second what Aaz said. I saw it and it's pretty bad. Hollywood is already in the works to do a sequel however.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bph said:
I realize that U.S. imperialism is a major problem and whatnot, but we were/are pretty much the only reason they were able to get such high speed internet access and access to Blizzard games.

Oh yeah man, what would the world do without you guys. We'd probably all still live in caves.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Pssst.... I think that was sarcasm! :carcus:

Oh yeah? Well my post was DOUBLE sarcasm. Now what you say?

Anyway, 95% on rottentomatoes... I think that makes it the second best movie ever made right after Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, right?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
Oh yeah? Well my post was DOUBLE sarcasm. Now what you say?
MY POST WAS INFINITE SARCASM +1!!!111

Anyways, I remember seeing this movie add being run on TV over here. My wife was a bit interested, which in itself is pretty weird seeing how she doesn't like scary movies, she almost threw up twice watching Silent Hill! :guts:

Okay, maybe rottentomatoes.com isn't the most respectable or intellectual reference, but it can be useful when you don't feel like doing much research. Also, you don't think Advent Children is the greatest film ever, even with the brilliant cinematography and completely developed characters? :troll: SARCASM BACK IN TIME WITH ROBOTS!

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Sorry guys, the preview, and a glowing review from a film festival site, made it look much better then it sounds.

Thanks for the warning Aaz, saves me a expensive dissapointment.

Top Bottom