What do ya'll think

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
The other day, I was telling my girlfriend about Berserk. She thought that the whole story about Guts and Caska was so sad. But I assured her that, while true, Berserk is not really about sadness, but about hope and inspiraton. Anyway. she thought it sad nonetheless and Guts being the unsung hero of it all. She told me that the perfect song for Guts would be Superman by Five for Fighting. It sort of fits the Guts and Caska predicament. Listen to that song and tell me whatchya all think :D

Isaac

"and when king alexander saw the breadth of h
I dunno my first reaction to that song was "how many damn super man songs do we need in a decade!" but it is a pretty song. I find myself having a problem getting into the lead singers voice though.

If i were to pick a mellow pretty tune that makes me think of Berserk it'd be "Everything's Not Lost" by Coldplay, or maybe "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica.

Or maybe "Hero of the Day" by Metallica, it makes me picture this old Gatts content to sit in his rocking chair, but still tormenting himself about the life he's lived.

Isaac

metallica is so crappy, especially the songs you listed. Metallica black album post Cliff Burton just sucks. No offense, I just think most people these days look past the older stuff because they got into them during the whole Nothing Else Matters etc timeframe when they finally jumped into mainstream. It's too bad really cause Kill Em All and Ride the Lightning are my two favs...Master of Puppets is a monumental acheivement in baddassness as well. Maybe I am off base because I am getting a little older now and my taste have changed a bit but most new music just is rehashes of good music mad bad by talentless prefabricated non-sense.

I think if you have nothing to sing about anymore ( IE nothing to piss you off or stimulate your mind ) maybe it's time to lay down the axe.

I don't really think Berserk needs any top 40 tripe to define it.

Isaac

See i'm not a Metallica fan for the most part. I like "pussy music" as all myfriends like to tell me. Their hick cock rocking shit (especially the 80's shit) doesn't do much for me. The only album of there's that I truely love through and through is S&M. And the S&M versions "Hero of the day" and "Nothing else Matters" are absolutly amazing imo.

I agree that Berserk doesn't need a top 40 hit to define it, but my bored ass sits at work for for 8 hours a day, so i don't give care what we talk about so long as it keeps my mind busy. Besides i didn't say those songs define Berserk, they just make me think of Berserk.

You classic rock worshipping people drive me up the wall. There's assloads of good music comming out today ya just gotta dig for it a little bit instead of just accepting whatever they play between Led Zeppelin tunes on your local hard rock radio station as the state of music today.

Isaac

I agree, there is good new music and not all metalheads are hicks bro. The fact of the matter, like it or not, most music these days is not by bands with talent but pre-formed, molded and produced on a production line for fans between the ages of 13-19. Name one band these days that will be around in 20 years like say Led Zep ( not a big fan but you used it as a gauge so I will too ) I bet you won't find one from 95' to now.

It's really thr record industry that has screwed real musicians..in order to hear something original ( not hybred hip-hop rap crap ) you have to support your local bands and hope the music execs get thier collective heads out of thier asses and start signing bands with talent and not the next teen sensation. So, it is difficult to find the good stuff out there when they only get a minimal chance at success...I mean if your Maverick records who are you going to support? Your cashcow Madonna or Insolence ( yes, I am plugging my friends band ) ?

Btw, these are my own opinions so don't take it personal..

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Ah, Master of Puppets *swoons*

But... right now I would say: God Hates us All from then new Slayer album...

;) Just thought it seemed fitting...

Isaac

Dude first off Led Zeppeline isn't still around. I hate to be the one to break it to ya but John Paul Jones died and the group disbanded. They haven't released a new non-greatest hits record since 1979.

I agree there is a lot of pre-packaged shit going around these days, but I think thats always been the case. We don't remember any 70's prefab teenie pop stars *cough *Leif Garrett! *cough* because they fade away and only the good shit sticks aroudn for comparison.

Yeah it'd be damn hard to pick a band from '95 today that will be around in 20 years, but there very well may be one. A lot of bands rise up out of their pre-fabricated beginnings and blossom into good quality music (the Beatles).

Anyway they barely count but I think Tool, Pearl Jam, Radiohead and (MAAAAYBE) Incubus are all good bands that started in the 90's that I think'll be going strong for a long long time (just to keep the argument going hehe).

Isaac

CnC

Ad Oculos
The only album of there's that I truely love through and through is S&M.
I agree... the only metallica album really like is that one

she thought it sad nonetheless and Guts being the unsung hero of it all. She told me that the perfect song for Guts would be Superman by Five for Fighting

while I like that song, I'm not sure it would fit berserk too well.
"I'm just a man, in a silly black sheet, diggin' for... behelits on this one way street."
... now if THAT were a lyric I'd agree :)

yeah, God hates Us All is pretty sweet. I am a huge Slayer fan and have been since Reign in Blood was under my X-Mas tree in 86 or was it 97? heh....

Anyway, most all the groups that you mentioned Issac are good bands. I really like Pearl Jam , Nirvana, Incubus ( got into them recently and really enjoy the new album ) and of course Tool is one of the most original to come along in awhile ( seeing them this weekend in fact ), although the new album is kinda weak compared to Aenima. But that will probably always be known as thier highwater mark. I keep hearing about radiohead but I don't think I have heard a song yet...maybe I should check it.

Shit I will listen to anything that catches my fancy...I even like the Smith and some of the other goth synth shit from the 80's depeche mode whatever.

how about 43% burnt by DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN?

once i made a music video with footage taken from various anime (one of which was Berserk) and used a Dillinger song from the 'calculating infinity' album.....then i a tufded.....then i went to a local anime club to show off my genius...and everyone just vomited.....i guess it was the violence.....Dillinger has a strange effect on people.....they are Berkely musicians.....dynamique! and great to listen to if youre a mathematician.

ISAMU

"want some candy little kid"
PuNk RoCk RuLeS

well i think most the punk rock videos with berserk are the best like rancids- dead bodys with berserk is a great one
but most my videos that i like the most are my cowboy bebop videos like weezer-only in dreams- long ass video too around 8:30 mins and the whole thing kicks ass. incase no one knows about this site animemusicvideos.org is a awsome site to get your music videos or morethantoast.com had the weezer(cowboy bebop) video i highly suggest u guys should see it.

Top Bottom