What would Guts look like if he were an apostle?

Hello everyone, I have been lurking here for sometime before I made anymore posts, did anyone miss me? :carcus:

This thread is just for fun, but if Guts were an apostle, what would he look like? Obviously his appearance would be analogous to The Beast of Darkness in some way, at least I think. The details of his form may also depend on what he suffered from to summon the Godhand, what did he desire to escape from at the moment he was full of despair (it's been suggested that this may have something to do with what kind of body apostles acquire). Would his brand of sacrifice play a part in the transformation? What about the dragon slayer? What would he look like in his human form? Undeniably Guts would be the most fierce apostle to come into being, I don't think anyone doubts that. I am curious to know your thoughts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zerk said:
Hello everyone, I have been lurking here for sometime before I made anymore posts, did anyone miss me? :carcus:

Hey, welcome back.

Zerk said:
This thread is just for fun, but if Guts were an apostle, what would he look like? Obviously his appearance would be analogous to The Beast of Darkness in some way, at least I think.

Well there you go. Something reminiscent of the Beast of Darkness in some way (an interesting parallel could be drawn between the Beast of Darkness and the bear pelts worn by the historical berserkr, which are themselves sometimes related to the European werewolf legends). But the problem is that Guts' iconic status comes from his sword. And apostles tend to shed weapons when they transform. So unfortunately it wouldn't work very well.

Zerk said:
Would his brand of sacrifice play a part in the transformation?

You're asking a question that has no answer and will likely never have one. It isn't even clear if, as someone who's already been sacrificed, Guts can become an apostle. The case of the beherit-apostle was special for a variety of reasons.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I believe that Guts' apostle form would look exactly like he did when Schierke brought back his sanity when they were both fighting Daiba. I'm not talking about how the armor itself looked during the scene, I mean, look at Guts' face around here:

gangstaschierke.gif

Especially the shot on the right. Look at that face... and that hand... He definitely looks awesome with those beast ears and and "fur."

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Aazealh said:
But the problem is that Guts' iconic status comes from his sword. And apostles tend to shed weapons when they transform. So unfortunately it wouldn't work very well.

If you look at Irvine, his trademark weapon is the bow and when he transformed it became a part of him. So although its tough for me to imagine as smooth an incorporation with the Dragon Slayer, perhaps he'd turn into the Beast of Darkness with absurdly long/thick claws resembling the iconic sword? That's the best I can think of right now... my other thought would be teeth, but somehow I think that would be way too cumbersome and not very fitting with the Dragon Slayer's style.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
If you look at Irvine, his trademark weapon is the bow and when he transformed it became a part of him. So although its tough for me to imagine as smooth an incorporation with the Dragon Slayer, perhaps he'd turn into the Beast of Darkness with absurdly long/thick claws resembling the iconic sword? That's the best I can think of right now... my other thought would be teeth, but somehow I think that would be way too cumbersome and not very fitting with the Dragon Slayer's style.

Well, I hope you won't be offended, but I think those ideas suck. :iva: Claws or teeth wouldn't do the job. I'd rather take the example of Locus, whose lance transforms into a double bladed sword when he becomes an apostle. But that wouldn't necessarily fit with Guts' hypothetic apostle form, and I can't think of a way the DS could transform while remaining unique.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I, for one, wonder how his prosthetic arm/cannon/repeating crossbow would show up in the mix. I know as an Apostle, he could sprout limbs like crazy, but the arm is so iconic that it'd be awesome to see how it would manifest in his design/fighting abilities. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
At least I'm trying to use my imagination instead of saying it simply can't be done :troll:

"Trying." :casca:

Darklink286 said:
I, for one, wonder how his prosthetic arm/cannon/repeating crossbow would show up in the mix. I know as an Apostle, he could sprout limbs like crazy, but the arm is so iconic that it'd be awesome to see how it would manifest in his design/fighting abilities. :guts:

Well, like you said, as an apostle he could most likely just regrow limbs, and wouldn't have too many uses for a repeating crossbow. Another reason why the apostle treatment wouldn't work very well with him.

Top Bottom