What will the Sea God look/be like?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vinsssounet said:
Yes, I kinda hesitated to post here when I noticed how old was the topic, yet when I saw the title of the thread it seemed the right place to speak about that.

Anyway, I'll go join you on the other thread you're having your discussion on.

Well reviving this thread is no big deal, don't worry. Maybe I wasn't clear but I meant that we had talks about the Lovecraft homage in other threads in the past, not that we're currently discussing it elsewhere. At this point we might as well just keep talking about it in here.

Vinsssounet said:
About the mythos, I think in the Mountain of Madness a submarine war between the Elder and Cthulhu and his Deep Ones is described, yet I might be mistaking, my mythos would deserve some revision. Well good or wrong, it was with that in mind I noticed this one more similarity (submarines creatures fighting the octopuss god).

Jackson_hurley is correct, but I don't blame you for the mistake as the terminology can be confusing (not to mention Lovecraft's inconsistency within his own mythos). To elaborate on what he explained, in At the Mountains of Madness, the focus is on the Elder Things (also known as the "Old Ones", but who have absolutely nothing to do with the "Great Old Ones") and the Shoggoth. While exploring their dead city in Antarctica, which is hidden in a mountain range higher than the Himalayas, the protagonists learn of past wars that took place between the Elder Things and the Star-spawn of Cthulhu (who are a "land race" and aren't related to the Deep Ones in any way), as well as between them and another extraterrestrial race called the Mi-go. I think what confused you is that it's mentioned that the Star-spawn of Cthulhu were at some point strong enough to be able to rule the land while the Elder Things held the seas, before R'lyeh sank under the seas and the Elder Things could rule the whole planet like they did before.

Top Bottom