• McCain

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Obama

Votes: 25 65.8%

• Total voters

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mYxbRY8MVKc&feature=bz301

Hillary doesn't like being asked questions first and call upon the suckfest of SNL to her defense.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Hillary doesn't like being asked questions first and call upon the suckfest of SNL to her defense.

Given all the bullshit these candidates have to put up with, I'm surprised they haven't started strangling their interviewers. I would have gone berserk within the first week.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

Well it was an attempt at a joke. I think it didn't really fly, though, as it just seemed that she was complaining.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Peregrine_Falcon said:
Given all the bullshit these candidates have to put up with, I'm surprised they haven't started strangling their interviewers. I would have gone berserk within the first week.

Hopefully these people adapt to the same system the NFL uses. Coin tosses.

CnC said:
Well it was an attempt at a joke. I think it didn't really fly, though, as it just seemed that she was complaining.

That was a really shitty joke then.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, McCain wrapped it up today, but the Dem race sadly looks like it'll go on forever, or as long as Hillary Clinton wants to run her campaign on it's new platform, "Eff U." Right now Obama leads Texas by about 6 points, but only 5% reporting in there now. In Ohio on the other hand, there's 16% in and Clinton is up BIG, 58 to 40. Those are the kind of dramatic numbers she needs.

Update: Make that 59 to 39 with 19% in.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
The Ohio campaigns is being declared Hillary's win. Its still 24% incomplete, and Hillary is only winning by 3%. Everyone keeps acting optimistic about Hillary's chances, but she's still numerically behind. They said she's picking up momentum but when your in a sharp decline, it takes more than not losing by landslide to say your succeeding.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Okin said:
The Ohio campaigns is being declared Hillary's win. Its still 24% incomplete, and Hillary is only winning by 3%. Everyone keeps acting optimistic about Hillary's chances, but she's still numerically behind. They said she's picking up momentum but when your in a sharp decline, it takes more than not losing by landslide to say your succeeding.

Yeah, but the news just figured out they were going to easy on Obama so they have to make it seem like Hillary has a chance.

Griffith

I see Hillary up by double digits in Ohio? Regardless, yeah, this whole thing is a big spin because the reality is she lead in these places by 20 points to begin with, so these aren't the fantastic comeback wins they're being made out to be, the reality is Obama has done better than most expected he needed to in order to win the nomination. Keep an eye on Texas, if Obama wins there it's going to get even uglier I think just because Clinton's going to have to fight that much harder to keep going on. I have no doubt she will though, there is a light at the end of this for her, it's just rather unseemly because first she has to continue throwing the kitchen sink at her party's front runner for the nomination, essentially campaigning against him for the Republicans, while doing shifty legal challenges in places like Florida and Michigan, then she has to get the superdelegates to swing things her way and try to cut a deal at the convention. Basically, she has to do everything she can to subvert the will of the people who voted against her... hmmm, maybe she is more qualified; it's like she's the President already! :troll:

Hillary's getting the Texas primary called for her.

Griffith

hillarymonster.jpg

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Speaking of Hillary I was watching this Japanese TV show and part of this Comedian Duo was asked who he thought was sexy and he said Hillary Clinton. :griff:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Meanwhile,

McCain starts to build up for a nice, long war contest. Bush to back him.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for turning my frown upside-down, griff. :ganishka: All I can say is Obama better whip that cannon-arm out right quick!

While Ohio was a significant loss for Obama, Texas is pretty close. I'm not sure where the headlines of "MAJOR VICTORY!" are really coming from. More like, "STOPPED LOSING!"
Part of me wanted Obama to win just so this annoying back and forth would cease. Alas, we keep going. :judo:

also, Am I reading this right? only 36% of the Texas caucuses are reporting??

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Uriel said:
McCain starts to build up for a nice, long war contest. Bush to back him.

Well if this shit continues all the way to August it's going to give McCain a big chance on stomping whoever wins. Hell the guy has all the time in the world now to just campaign.

CnC said:
I'm not sure where the headlines of "MAJOR VICTORY!" are really coming from. More like, "STOPPED LOSING!"

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Yeah, but the news just figured out they were going to easy on Obama so they have to make it seem like Hillary has a chance.

It's all thanks to that shitty SNL skit. Out of protest I'm going to continue to not watch their show.

Also great shit Griff.

Also for everyone's enjoyment: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/nations_presidential_assassins

S

Sanguinius

http://www.economist.com/world/na/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10808693

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sanguinius said:
http://www.economist.com/world/na/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10808693

Interesting article. I'm trying to figure out what it is about Hillary that makes her appealing to "blue collar" democrats. Is it just because of Bill?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
CnC said:
Interesting article. I'm trying to figure out what it is about Hillary that makes her appealing to "blue collar" democrats. Is it just because of Bill?

I'm going to have to guess so. I don't really see that big of a difference in what Hillary or Obama stand for in politics. It's probably due to Hillary being a harpy.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Billybob said:
Looks like Obama got Wyoming. Doesn't count for much really, but a wins a win, I say.

Hillary already decided it didn't matter to her if she lost that state, thus showing how she would treat the smaller states if she won the nomination.

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
If she does manage to buy off enough super delegates by June and gets the nomination, then I'm probably going to the McCain side, as much as it pains me to say. I guess that's one of the perks of being an independent, though.

Griffith

What about an Obama/Hillary ticket or vice-versa? I just like the idea of Obama and Bill cracking open a case of beer in the White House kitchen, troubleshooting the nations problems. =)

Anyway, I'm going to leech The Onion, I hope they don't mind:

cartoon_1_21_08.jpg

Top Bottom