• Total voters

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think this one is my favorite of their election coverage:

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/mysterious_traveler_entrances

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well Obama won Mississippi...

BUT IT DOESN'T COUNT CAUSE YOU HAVE TO WIN THE BIG STATES FOR IT COUNT SO IT DOESN'T COUNT

Griffith

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/hillary-attack-obama.php?page=2

You'll appreciate this, thanks to Google's FUTURE news.

Anyway, at some point all this BS about "well, we expected to lose these states" isn't going to work, if you expect to lose more states, lose more of the popular vote, and lose more delegates, then you shouldn't expect to win the nomination either, but that's apparently okay. It's also a disingenuous to claim you want the voters of Michigan and Florida to count when you're basically trying to use that as leverage to make all the primary results not count. =)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Obama camp pulls an "Aaz" and does a quote by quote retort of one of Clinton's press releases:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/news/2008/03/obama_campaign_skewers_clinton.html

:ganishka:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
CnC said:
Yea that was a strange point to make. "Obama is abandoning Pennsylvania - the only state that really counts".

There is only so any of these big states, it's funny how they are the only ones that really matter to Hillary.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Yeah, it's good stuff.

I'm glad he did hit this subject head on -- hopefully this can be brushed under the carpet now.

CnC

Ad Oculos
A spoof trailer about Hillary's "death defying, experience qualifying adventure" in Bosnia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6JN7ALF7Y

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Wow.

Some preachers racism gets front page when blatant lying goes undetected except on the olde tubes? Fancy that.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Uriel said:
Some preachers racism gets front page when blatant lying goes undetected except on the olde tubes? Fancy that.

The Media stopped trying to be mean to hillary, but I did read something about it once in the last 3 weeks. Hillary basically said something about Sinbad and I wasn't all that sure about it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
Wow.

Well the media's not really letting it go, tho. All the newspapers are all over it. And given the populist nature of the 24 hour news networks they might start hammering it soon, along with the Daily Show, etc.

It's actually a pretty well known lie, now. We'll see if/how this affects things.

S

Sanguinius

Uriel said:
Yeah, it's good stuff.

I'm glad he did hit this subject head on -- hopefully this can be brushed under the carpet now.

The blind eyed loyalty of all these comments is hilarious, lets sweep all bad news about our rightful leader under the rug, then we can all follow our glorious leader without giving anyone a reason (other than being a RACIST!!!) to not follow our glorious leader and allow him to herald in a new world order of peace & prosperity for all under the Pax Obama.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Sanguinius said:
The blind eyed loyalty of all these comments is hilarious, lets sweep all bad news about our rightful leader under the rug, then we can all follow our glorious leader without giving anyone a reason (other than being a RACIST!!!) to not follow our glorious leader and allow him to herald in a new world order of peace & prosperity for all under the Pax Obama.

Boo hoo no one likes Ron Paul.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sanguinius said:

Say, is Ron Paul still in the race? He's still got a chance! :badbone:

What was that argument you kept making over and over back in the day? Something about how nobody was giving you any good evidence for why Ron Paul wasn't awesome? I must say you don't exactly practice what you preach :schierke:

Peregrine_Falcon said:
Why does Obama have the majority of the Berserk manga reader vote?

'cause of the diabolical Black humor. :troll:

S

Sanguinius

CnC said:
Say, is Ron Paul still in the race? He's still got a chance! :badbone:

What was that argument you kept making over and over back in the day? Something about how nobody was giving you any good evidence for why Ron Paul wasn't awesome? I must say you don't exactly practice what you preach :schierke:

'cause of the diabolical Black humor. :troll:

Well you never really read what I wrote so you can hardly judge can you? I never said Ron Paul would win, I said repeatedly that he would not win. I never said his faults should be swept under the carpet and everyone should just blindly follow behind him without any critical thought or analysis. Indeed, my criticism of the criticism of Ron Paul was because there was no thought behind MOST of the criticism, it MOSTLY consisted of insults at about the preschooler level. Another difference with my support of Ron Paul is that I listed very concise reasons why I supported Ron Paul, clear objectives don't seem too compatable with the thought processes of most members of this board. The personality of "the leader" seems more important than what they will actually do in office, at least that's the impression given from your talks. Where personal factors are listed but objectives in office (you know, those things that connect the soap opera of the political dance to real life) seem absent.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sanguinius said:
Well you never really read what I wrote so you can hardly judge can you? I never said Ron Paul would win, I said repeatedly that he would not win. I never said his faults should be swept under the carpet and everyone should just blindly follow behind him without any critical thought or analysis. Indeed, my criticism of the criticism of Ron Paul was because there was no thought behind MOST of the criticism, it MOSTLY consisted of insults at about the preschooler level.

For someone who dislikes the political dance you sure do an impressive Twist, Chubby Checker.

Sanguinius said:
Another difference with my support of Ron Paul is that I listed very concise reasons why I supported Ron Paul, clear objectives don't seem too compatable with the thought processes of most members of this board.

Yes, as I recall the 4 or 5 pages of your ramblings, the last adjective I would choose to use would be "concise"

Sanguinius said:
The personality of "the leader" seems more important than what they will actually do in office, at least that's the impression given from your talks. Where personal factors are listed but objectives in office (you know, those things that connect the soap opera of the political dance to real life) seem absent.

I didn't know you attended my "talks", that's very nice of you. :ganishka:

Anyways I would argue that the gross oversimplification you just made is something you'd likely see in the soap opera you claim to abhor. It's clear that neither of us really has much respect for the other's opinion on this matter so continuing to bitch about it on this thread won't really get us anywhere.
But, you can take solace in that my opinion is the one that will actually count for something, while your's will remain enshrined in 5 glorious pages on a japanese manga fansite.
:troll:

S

Sanguinius

CnC said:
For someone who dislikes the political dance you sure do an impressive Twist, Chubby Checker.

You quoted the wrong bit of my post.

CnC said:
Yes, as I recall the 4 or 5 pages of your ramblings, the last adjective I would choose to use would be "concise"

Well it was concise at first but then nothing seemed to be getting through, I thought I might not have been very clear so I lengthened it. I don't think unwilling ears (or eyes) can pick up on what they don't want to hear.

CnC said:
I didn't know you attended my "talks", that's very nice of you. :ganishka:

Well I just thought that was a polite term to use for the self agreeing commentary that most people had going on here.

CnC said:
Anyways I would argue that the gross oversimplification you just made is something you'd likely see in the soap opera you claim to abhor. It's clear that neither of us really has much respect for the other's opinion on this matter so continuing to bitch about it on this thread won't really get us anywhere.
But, you can take solace in that my opinion is the one that will actually count for something, while your's will remain enshrined in 5 glorious pages on a japanese manga fansite.
:troll:

I'm not really expecting to change your mind or anything and I'm not even focusing all this solely on you so don't feel any obligation to rebuke me. By the way, very noble to say stop the bitching then write a sentence stroking your own ego and belittling me :carcus: very noble indeed :casca:

Griffith

I think we must admit, this thread was rather quiet when Obama was taking his licks last week, of course, there also hasn't been any actual primary news in a while. Anyway, frivolous as I think it ultimately is, this thing with Wright could cost Obama the election, and our silence speaks to that. I personally didn't much care, but it raises some legitimate questions about his judgement, which he could have answered better. As important as his speech might have been, it still took him off message and may have turned him into the "race" candidate, which will turn off a large segment of voters. In any case, Obama's lost some luster, Hillary's spinning her wheels and damaging the party, and it's good times for John McCain. And hey, how about the fact that Florida and Michigan are officially out?

Of course, all that doesn't change the fact that Sang is acting like a bitter little troll about it. I don't ask that you change your tune, just your tone.

Top Bottom