Age of Conan

I'm still on the fence if I want to do PvP or PvE server.

The PvE servers still have seige battles and pvp just not as widespread as the PvP servers, although I have an online friend that wants me to play in the goonheim guild with him. So, really I have no idea.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well their forums are getting loved tenderly (raped) right now because of all the traffic since the Early Access has officially started. Im still downloading the friggon client via BT!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Well I STILL have your Berserk cards :guts:

Yeah, I think everyone remembers it. I mean, it's actually written in your name, you know? :puck:

SaiyajinNoOuji

How is the live version of the game though? Is it laggy as shit as everything thinks it is that isn't playing? What about respec's? I heard they were free in beta but I would imagine that they would cost something.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
How is the live version of the game though? Is it laggy as shit as everything thinks it is that isn't playing? What about respec's? I heard they were free in beta but I would imagine that they would cost something.

Respecs are free at least up to level 10, I tested it to see the price (none). Game's lag free, works flawlessly, better than in beta (and I had no problems at all in beta). Best MMORPG launch I've been in.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
Respecs are free at least up to level 10, I tested it to see the price (none). Game's lag free, works flawlessly, better than in beta (and I had no problems at all in beta). Best MMORPG launch I've been in.
Son of a bitch! Well I finished downloading and patching the game... its sitting here looking pretty but I cant play it. I wish Amazon had emailed the god damn code instead of putting it in my media library crap! Didnt even know about it until my friend told me! Gaah! :zodd:

I want to play :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Son of a bitch! Well I finished downloading and patching the game... its sitting here looking pretty but I cant play it. I wish Amazon had emailed the god damn code instead of putting it in my media library crap! Didnt even know about it until my friend told me! Gaah! :zodd:

I want to play :judo:

Dang, and had you asked I could have told you too... At least you've only got 2 days to wait now, instead of 5 for the Europeans that didn't get Early Access.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Got my US copy of the game today, after deciding the EU version was just too expensive and risky. Sorry Aaz. :judo: Id be a horrendous MMO teammate anyway (*Enters instance with group* "Alright let's DO THIS." *30 min later* "Crap. Gotta run. Wife needs new socks. wtf...")

Installed the game and of course, I missed early activation, so I have to wait until either midnight Tuesday or the early morning hours to create my character and join in. Im pretty much sold on a Barbarian at this point.

Oh yeah, and I did end up joining SA's GoonHeim guild.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Walter said:
Got my US copy of the game today, after deciding the EU version was just too expensive and risky. Sorry Aaz. :judo: Id be a horrendous MMO teammate anyway (*Enters instance with group* "Alright let's DO THIS." *30 min later* "Crap. Gotta run. Wife needs new socks. wtf...")

Installed the game and of course, I missed early activation, so I have to wait until either midnight Tuesday or the early morning hours to create my character and join in. Im pretty much sold on a Barbarian at this point.

Oh yeah, and I did end up joining SA's GoonHeim guild.
What's up there fellow GoonHeim buddy! :guts:

Anyways, servers are now up for the US but the god damn faggots have canceled/frozen ass tons of accounts for no god damn reason. :zodd:

I skipped going to the gym and have been home since 3:30pm (It's 7:46pm right now) F5'ing my god damn account info in hopes that it will say that it is no longer canceled/frozen.

On the bright side my wife made me some carrot cake and it was awesome! :serpico:

Oh god damn it hurry up Funcom! :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Anyways, servers are now up for the US but the god damn faggots have canceled/frozen ass tons of accounts for no god damn reason. :zodd:

I skipped going to the gym and have been home since 3:30pm (It's 7:46pm right now) F5'ing my god damn account info in hopes that it will say that it is no longer canceled/frozen.
Yep, mine was canceled, frozen too. Question. When you registered on register.funcom.com, which key did you use? THe one to get extra features (mount, EA, etc) or the one on the back of the manual? I used the extra features one, and I THINK that's why we're getting locked out. JUst wanted to confirm with someone else before I registered a whole new account (and apparently forfeit my mammoth...) with the retail/manual CDkey.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Yep, mine was canceled, frozen too. Question. When you registered on register.funcom.com, which key did you use? THe one to get extra features (mount, EA, etc) or the one on the back of the manual? I used the extra features one, and I THINK that's why we're getting locked out. JUst wanted to confirm with someone else before I registered a whole new account (and apparently forfeit my mammoth...) with the retail/manual CDkey.

I suggest you enter both keys, then select a subscription type in the configuration panel.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Walter said:
Yea I heard from my friend who is also a goon. He told me that in one of the threads in the Goonheim forums that it was because of that... well I hope I get my friggon box tomorrow from Amazon (Living overseas sucks ass sometimes) because if not I will need to go to the base PX and pick myself up another copy. I WILL NOT BE DENIED GOD DAMN IT! :zodd:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It fixed my problem. Thanks Aaz. BTW, Im the one that made that thread on the GoonHeim forms. I'm HeraldOfConan :badbone:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Walter said:
It fixed my problem. Thanks Aaz. BTW, Im the one that made that thread on the GoonHeim forms. I'm HeraldOfConan :badbone:
kuroikenshi in the house :guts:

Oh yea just want to also say that Goons rock ass and rule at poopsocking. First Keep already on a pvp server. :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I heard about the Keep. That's a whole other world from what Im doing now. Im level 6 on Deathwhisper as... GAISERIC :SK:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So, this game fucking rules. It's so good Ill break my own rule and double post about how cool it is. My Gaiseric is an Aquilonian Conqueror. I hit a few hitches on launch day, but what online game DOESN’t these days?

Character creation is very immersive. You can change miniscule details like the height/width of cheekbones, chiin, eyes, nose, ears, etc.My $1,000 machine can run the game at near-full settings (with no bloom) at 40fps, which is fine by me. It’s gorgeous.

While the starting area seems a little easy, there’s no denying how awsome it is to attack 3-4 enemies at the same time (in real-time, feels a bit like Secret of Mana actually), bringing them all down on your two-handed sword in 2 swings. Music really helps with the dramatic effec in these moments too. It goads you on to kill, kill, kill. That one, over there. Kill.

Then, once I hit the city, I remember that Im playing an MMO, and Im told to fetch some old fart’s tools across the city and bring them back for some potions. Great. It’s nice that everything has a Robert E Howard feel to it, even these lame quests have well-written dialogue. But I got sick to death of doing chores like that in WoW. I think Ill just quest to a minimum in this game. We’ll see how much my XP suffers. At least my sword won’t have time to lust for blood. It’ll be feasting.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Some quests are better (and less boring) than others. You have to choose wisely. The fastest way to level is to do the Night Time quests. For having done all of Tortage's quests myself though, it's kind of cool how they relate to each other after some point.

SaiyajinNoOuji

So yea check this BS out. So here I am along with my friend, waiting for our Amazon orders to come in. When we first pre-ordered them they were slated to arrive here on the 20th. Well it is now the 21st over here and a whole lot of nothing. We check our accounts on Amazon and lo-and-behold, the god damn things have not even shipped yet. They (Amazon) wont even get them in until the 22nd. So add that with another week and my friend and I wont be able to play until near June.

:zodd: I was pretty close to choking someone. So I decided to get my fix anyway how. It was about 7:30pm in the states so... I called my mom. I asked her if she could leave her American Idol to go to a best buy and get it. She denied me but said that should be willing to go in the morning at 9 when they opened. I took the offer but then received an email from my friend with a site that had CD keys for sale.

Ordered some of them and now I am awaiting my friggon keys! Why does it have to be so difficult? :judo:

S

smoke

Bought the motherfucker and a new graphics card today. Downloading updates and shit as we speak.

A NEW POWER IS RISING, IT'S NAME IS OSAHAR. IT'S A LEET HoX.

UPDATE: WOOT. LEVEL SIX.

Osahar_picture008.png

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You can transform into an alien badass even at that early a level? Awesome. So far, Im having trouble identifying classes by their armor. Im sure it will become more obvious later in the game, when armor gets more specialized and distinct. But right now, everyone looks like a noob in their cloth/leather armor.

Ive only been ganked twice, and it was a sad affair. With the motherfucker literally running circles around me, bashing me with his longsword, while I feebly attacked. Being 5 levels higher than me, he made short work of me. Then I tried grouping and ganking him, but he owned me again. Oh well.

Top Bottom