AOW - Armored Berserk & Fire Dragon

Aazealh said:
Dimensions are 30 cm (Height), 18 cm (Width), 13 cm (Depth). Grunberd's head will be 10 cm tall.

Zodd II is 37.5 cm (H), 30 cm (W), 30 cm (D). And that Guts statue sits on a stone pillar that's taller than it is itself, so expect a smaller size.

Oh cool! You found dimensions! I was going to ask Masato for that.

Anyways, about the scale, actually, I think 1/10 sounds about right. Most 1/10 figures where Guts is standing up straight, (like the Guts: Magun, and the Guts: Hawk Soldier) are 20 cms high. So keeping in mind that in this new statue, Guts is crouching, and the statue is still 50% taller than most Guts statues, I'm thinking the scale will be 1/10. If it's not, I will be very upset! :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Oh cool! You found dimensions! I was going to ask Masato for that.

Sorry, I didn't think you guys were really interested, that's why I didn't post them earlier.

DirectDK said:
Most 1/10 figures where Guts is standing up straight, (like the Guts: Magun, and the Guts: Hawk Soldier) are 20 cms high. So keeping in mind that in this new statue, Guts is crouching, and the statue is still 50% taller than most Guts statues

Yeah, although looking at his actual size compared to the rest... Not the cape or the DS, just his body. Looks about just 1/4 of the total size to me from the pictures. It's tricky since he's crouching but I still wonder, that stone pillar seems huge in comparison to the rest.

Damn, that pose just looks awesome.

Might have to order it.

About what time will that be EST?

and with the usual bank fee's, etc what would the total price end up being for a US person?

A little over $300, I believe. Pretty steep for a mini-statue.

I might end up passing on this. I'm not sure I can justify spending that much on a mini-statue. If I had more expendable income, I'm sure I'd pick it up regardless, but I'm spread pretty thin as it is. I don't know what to do =\

BillyBudd said:
A little over $300, I believe. Pretty steep for a mini-statue.

I might end up passing on this. I'm not sure I can justify spending that much on a mini-statue. If I had more expendable income, I'm sure I'd pick it up regardless, but I'm spread pretty thin as it is. I don't know what to do =\

Dont' be so sure it's a mini-statue 1/15 scale. I personally think it's still a 1/10 scale, but can't be certain completely. We'll find out soon.

Thanks Derek for the pics ;)

At first sight, the sculpt seems to me less "clean" than the first original Armored Berserk. It is not the same sculptor I assume. But I just LIKE it ! His jaw helmet is more developed.

Concerning the scale, like Aazealh, I believed it was 1/15 scaled considering the height and the proportions of Guts' Body.

But, do you agree : the depth of the statue (13 cm) concerns the straight horizontal size taken by the Dragon Slayer.
The Dragon Slayer is often 20 cm long.
Look at this picture :

berserker2841gs.jpg

We can see that the weapon is very inclined. So (Pythagoras' Theorem), I think there is a hope that the statue is greatly 1/10 scaled (and 25000 yens for a 1/15 scaled statue in which the base takes all the height seems too expensive... the horse riding sculptures have big horses to justify the prices).
Plus, look at the size of a 1/15 Griffith on a 40 cm high statue

OP31139536721_3.jpg

But... we will see.
Art of War, I have faith in you. Please, do not disappoint us.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
But I just LIKE it !

Hahah, the contrary would have been surprising.

Kenji-kun said:
Concerning the scale, like Aazealh, I believed it was 1/15 scaled considering the height and the proportions of Guts' Body.

I didn't say it was 1/15, although it doesn't seem impossible to me. But hey, you guys are forgetting about the recently introduced 1/12. :carcus:

Aazealh said:
But hey, you guys are forgetting about the recently introduced 1/12.

Hey ?! Have I missed something ?
Aazealh, which statue are you referring to ?

Oups, I made a mistake.
Considering the entire look of the statue, it seems obvious to me that the dimensions are like that :

berserker2821he.jpg

If that is the case, we are fixed : it is 1/10 scaled :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
Hey ?! Have I missed something ?
Aazealh, which statue are you referring to ?

Guts: Kingdom of Falconia.

Kenji-kun said:
Oups, I made a mistake.
Considering the entire look of the statue, it seems obvious to me that the dimensions are like that

Indeed.

Guts looks good, but man is that Grunbeld crappy. Looks like something in a kids movie that comes out of the mud to eat the hero :O

BillyBudd said:
Well, I hope this statue is 1/10, but it appears to me to be in a smaller scale. Maybe someone should e-mail AOW.

LOL, I emailed AOW, and this is what they told me:

"The item of Armored Berserk & Fire Dragon is non scale."

LOL. I guess judging from that, it is probably somewhere in between 1/10 and 1/15. =P Most likely similar to Kingdom of Falconia, 1/12.

Thanks for the info. Is height measured to the tip of the sword?

Another good question would be "How tall would Guts be if he were standing up straight?" Based on my estimations, Guts is about 3 inches tall crouching. When standing, I think he would be at most 6 inches tall, which is 1/12 scale. So I think this statue is somewhere between 1/12 and 1/15 scale.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
"The item of Armored Berserk & Fire Dragon is non scale."

Haha, these guys are awesome. "WHAT YOU SAY BUY TEH STATUE." Thanks for mailing them anyway Derek.

DirectDK said:
I guess judging from that, it is probably somewhere in between 1/10 and 1/15. =P Most likely similar to Kingdom of Falconia, 1/12.

It'd be part of their "scene collection" series then. Makes sense. Does that mean I triumph again? :SK:

i caved, im gonna get it.

The price tag is quite hefty, specially considering that i didnt pay for my gatts on horseback yet.
My one gripe is that his cap looks so flat texture-wise. AOW has been pretty good so far making it look close to the manga. Even the 1/15 diorama one has some grain to it. Hopefully AOW will tune it up, right now it looks like flattened clay :schierke:

BillyBudd said:
I'm sitting here, staring at the pictures, trying to decide. It's a neat piece. That's for sure.

It's your avatar and you've talked about how this is the statue you've always wanted. PULL THE TRIGGER MAN!

.....pre-ordered mine. :void:

EDIT: Is it me or does the photography on this one seem below the quality of previous prototypes. The flash really washes out alot of the detail.

Maiku said:
Is it me or does the photography on this one seem below the quality of previous prototypes.  The flash really washes out alot of the detail.

I know what you're saying. I'm not sure it's just the photography though. I think the loss of detail is mostly due to the smaller scale. I'm looking at pics of the Armored Berserk busts, which are 1/10 scale, and they look a lot more detailed than this statue. The busts' armor plates seem to be deeper and more defined.

op1115111433713zi.jpg

versus

berserkbust9zi.jpg

Duuudddeee,

So I work night shifts now, and I knew earlier today that I had to order this statue at 7pm PST, but I had so much shit to take care of I completely forgot.

10pm came along and I remembered... OHH SHIT, I have to order! So I rushed over to the AOW site, saw that the "order" button was still available, so ordered it, got my email, and then refreshed the browser.

After I refreshed the browser, the "order" button was no longer available and it read "sold out" instead.

NOW, I'm thinking, did my order go through early enough? Was I the last order? Or did 300 orders pass before me and the page just updated a minute later? AHHHHHH, I DON'T KNOW!

Man... I still can't believe I forgot. I NEVER FORGET. NEVERRRRRRR. :judo:

*UPDATE* AOW emailed me... I'm on the waiting list =(

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ugh. I had an alert set on Outlook to remind me to order it...unfortunately I was dumb and set it for the 24th of June instead of the 23rd...bleh. :miura:

BTW, from the Japanese version of the site, it says the statue is 1/10.

Who's da man?! Woot woot! :carcus:

alas... I AM, but I'm also a man with no statue because I forgot to order on time... *sniff* :judo:

Top Bottom