AOW release: Guts & Farnese on Horse

Chiba said:
Why do you order over Masato and not directly from AoW? Does that save you from the customs duty?

I order from AoW. I'm on Masato's mailing list though so he just sent me an e-mail with a price quote.

Chiba said:
Why do you order over Masato and not directly from AoW? Does that save you from the customs duty?

Hey Chiba,

When dealing with AOW new releases, I order direct from AOW. But I know a few people that still order through Masato.

The Pros
- You won't have to worry about forgetting to buy on time
- You can stick the shipping charges on any existing Masato order (which assumbaly you'll save on shipping that way)
- You won't have to go through the hassle of sending a wire transfer at your bank

The Cons
- A bit more expensive
- You won't get the feeling of BRAND SPANKING NEW, never before touched by anyone but AOW peeps
- Possibly a very SLIGHT higher chance of breakage since the package is going through one extra set of hands (although one good thing about AOW items is that they all seem to hold up fairly well in shipping... except for the God Hand set, apparently :void:)

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Do you know if Masato would declare a package as present, so it goes through the customs untouched? These additional costs are starting to hurt me... :judo:

I hope AoW hurries up with the pics, I really can't decide if I should get the statue or not. :SK:

Chiba said:
Do you know if Masato would declare a package as present, so it goes through the customs untouched? These additional costs are starting to hurt me...

Tell me about it.. bloody customs. Yes, Masato will label as a gift - he has done for me recently. Customs still got me though.  :judo:

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Having used Masato before, he is worth every penny (or whatever denomination you use :serpico:). No, I haven't actually ordered an AOW statue through him, but I can imagine less heachache because of him. I hate all that bank wire transfer crap anyhoo. That's one reason I hesitate to deal with AOW directly.

Chiba

The money transfer is my least problem. I do that online and after the first transaction I made a template so it doesn't take more than a minute to do the transaction.
But maybe I'll give it a try to save the customs duty.

Ariel

he's a fresh-maker!
handsome rakshas said:
Looks like a pretty neat statue. Like Jin said, we finally get a Farnese statue and shes topless and bound to a horse. Usually something like that would be sexy and all, but I would think Art of War would give her first statue appearance a more dignified pose. Lets start taking bets at how they'll treat characters such as Serpico and Schierke when they finally give them the statue treatment. Maybe they'll make a diorama of Serpico and Farnese roasting his mom or something equally as distasteful. But for the love of god, I hope not!  :serpico:

I AGREE. That is the most ugly Farnese I have ever seen. I bet they are going to do something like them just standing there, maybe together, or something boring...

anybody notice how they didn't go anywhere near Farnese's face?... you can barely see her face in one of the pictures..
and you can't even see Guts' face at all :miura:
what the deuce?
but i do think the whole statue looks kinda cool, the swinging of the sword and the "floating demons" and what not
but i ain't gonna order it :judo:
anybody ordered their's yet? =D
*EDIT*
Ok.. so DirectDK ordered his while i was typing up my post =|

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Berserk-KW said:
anybody notice how they didn't go anywhere near Farnese's face?... you can barely see her face in one of the pictures.. and you can't even see Guts' face at all :miura: what the deuce?

Well, they're cunning. :void: They don't show all sides either, and overall the pictures aren't very good. They'll probably updated them later.

Chiba

I haven't decided yet. The overall scenery looks awesome but I bet the faces look ugly as usual. I'll give it a few days and leave it to fate if it sold out by then or not. :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Well, they're cunning. :void: They don't show all sides either, and overall the pictures aren't very good.

Haha, no kidding. They're very good at showing the statue without actually showing the statue. Too pricey for me anyway, but I do like the concept of the statue. Glad to hear you've got yours ordered already, Derek. :serpico:

anybody esle have the feeling they're getting desperate to sell the statue..
i mean they suddenly offer something else with the original statue.. i suspect they're finally realizing the prices they're asking for are too high.. so they add an extra statue (like with the Zodd Senma) or a Beherit.. which everybody is already bored of..
any way, anybody else got any theories as to why they seem to do this?

I wouldn't really call it Desperation, but incentive. Of course they want to sell them, it's how they make their money.

Also, I may be in the minority... but I don't think that they are over priced. Not only are they limited in number of statues made, but they are already painted.

Not everyone is able to paint well, so it's a benefit to those who can't to be able to buy it painted.

Well I had a alot going on this weekend and didn't get to order this till yesturday......I'm order number 142 OUCH not selling well.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Just outta curiousity was there ever a better picture of either Guts' or Farnese's face posted? They're practically hiding it on AOW's site.

I like the pose but the likeness seems to be missing from view.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
There's a new picture on the main page where you can sorta see Guts's face, but from reeeally far away. No other new close ups were added, though. :/

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
TheSkyTraveller said:
There's a new picture on the main page where you can sorta see Guts's face, but from reeeally far away.  No other new close ups were added, though.  :/

Is that the very bottom pic of the 4 that AOW has on their site? If not, the one they have up now gives a pretty good look at both their faces, I think. Farnese looks......well......you'll have to go and see. :SK:

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Rhombaad said:
Is that the very bottom pic of the 4 that AOW has on their site? If not, the one they have up now gives a pretty good look at both their faces, I think. Farnese looks......well......you'll have to go and see. :SK:

I went, I saw, I :judo:. Seriously though, she looks like a 13 year old boy and doesn't really look like the art style. Looks like they were going for somewhat realistic, and it's weird. Guts looks about how they usually sculpt him. Oh well, too expensive for me anyway! :guts:

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I'd like to get it cause I don't have any statues yet and can get Guts and Farnese in one shot. Its kinda expensive though. So far I've only collected the mangas.

I've seen this other farnese statue a long time ago, it is a much cuter style if not too much so.

http://mimyan.hp.infoseek.co.jp/farune-ze.htm

I was wondering if someone who can read japanese better could explain exactly what this is? A kit? A fanmade thing? can you buy them?

If you goto the top page and click "House", you can find Shreike and Erica as well. All looking very good.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Serpico said:
I was wondering if someone who can read japanese better could explain exactly what this is? A kit? A fanmade thing? can you buy them?

It's a model kit and it's "fan-made" yeah. You can buy it at Hobby conventions in Japan, and since it's been around for over a year you can also check Yahoo Japan auctions for it. Keep your eyes peeled as there aren't that many available.

Aazealh said:
It's a model kit and it's "fan-made" yeah. You can buy it at Hobby conventions in Japan, and since it's been around for over a year you can also check Yahoo Japan auctions for it. Keep your eyes peeled as there aren't that many available.

There was a completed kit (looked very good) on Yahoo Japan last week. Was up to 18,000 Yen last time I saw it but that was with a few days to run. I assume it went for a lot more than that.

Top Bottom