As Jules would say: "That's some fucked up, repugnant shit right there."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Yeah, but I'd use that term loosely, since as far as the PD is concerned, this still isn't a crime. The people who _likely_ did this (had open kerosine can with spillage on their property) aren't some secret group. They're listed in the police report, and they're aged 12-18. The issue is the authorities can't charge them because of the dubiousness of the crime.

Can't they charge them with some BS offense? Like "Public Misbehaving" or "Cruelty against animals"? I know here cops always have some vague charges they can pull in those cases.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Can't they charge them with some BS offense? Like "Public Misbehaving" or "Cruelty against animals"? I know here cops always have some vague charges they can pull in those cases.

If the cops wanted to they actually could get them for breaking fire codes. At the most that might be community service or fines.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Regardless of whether the dog was alive or not, this is still terrible. Hopefully, these kids get what's coming to them.

Aazealh said:
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
If the cops wanted to they actually could get them for breaking fire codes. At the most that might be community service or fines.

Hopefully, the police are thinking the same thing.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cruelty against animals isn't really a BS charge, and it's what's listed on the police report as what the officer expected to charge. However, then he found out the animal died beforehand (supposedly). So then it's just, at most, violation of the burning permit law. When I last spoke with the officer, he was headed to the Fire Department to look into charging them with that, but i haven't seen any new information to show he actually went through with it.

Top Bottom