Berserk 1997 Anime Coming to Blu-Ray in USA

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
That's so cool! I hope they'll include some extra content or behind the scenes for the adaptation (if there's even any more to share after all those years)

TheItCrOw

Knight without Title
You guys think it's worth it beyond a collection purpose? I've seen the anime in, I don't, I guess 480/720p? Is blue ray a significant difference in experience from that? I actually don't own any blue rays - it was DVD for me and then the jump to digital copies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
You guys think it's worth it beyond a collection purpose? I've seen the anime in, I don't, I guess 480/720p? Is blue ray a significant difference in experience from that? I actually don't own any blue rays - it was DVD for me and then the jump to digital copies.

Yeah, I have a few but the writing was on the wall with that vs digital... then again, now streaming digital copies aren't even a sure thing to continue existing like something in your hand. Anyway, it's 1080p, so maybe it'll look amazing, but then some old stuff looks best on tube TVs or whatever it was meant for at the time. Plenty of HD remaster horror stories out there, but it looks like this is legit. I'll want to check it out, anyway.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

I think it'll be just about the best it'll ever look. It's worth it to me as a collector's item and as a fond way of revisiting how I got into Berserk in the first place.

I haven't seen it in ages and my wife has never seen it (she's read the manga, though). I'm looking forward to revisiting it and showing it to her for the first time.

Top Bottom