Berserk:God's Hand[RPG]

He needs a tail and his head and horns need to be changed, also depending on the size of the regular characters he should be MUCH bigger. Then his fur needs to cover his whole body instead of patches of it. He looks more like a "goat man" to me instead of Zodd, it's not a bad sprite just doesn't like him too much.

Yes that is why I said (Not finished) and I cant make him any bigger cause he doesn't need to be. If you play some old snes rpg's most of them have sprites of monsters that aren't at the correct scale.

BTW. This is just an edit of this sprite...

Zodd_transformed.png

CnC

Ad Oculos
So while the sprites are coming along nicely, what is the point of this game?

How are you going to make a set narrative, with character development etc. already in place, into a RPG? What would be the beginning and end to this game? what would you DO in the game?

Well, the game will start off when guts is the Black Swordsman(but this period is very brief), then it will continue to when Guts was found under the tree(and corpses) by Shizu and Gambino. Then when you are old enough(you're still with Gambino atm) you can go on quests. As in castle seiges, raids and other various missions. After Guts has played through a few missions(he can also play through a few side quests if the player wishes too) the storyline will continue when Gambino becomes crippled and so on. From then on it sticks to the story, after Guts faces Bazuso. You take a free-roam stroll through the woods(or village depends which road you take) you walk around awhile looking for another battle when, Griffith's men Corkus(and other mercenaries) attack Guts and you know what happens from here. After you are forced to join the band of the hawk you follow the same rules as you did with Gambino's mercenary group. But you have to play through a few missions to raise your reputation. Until you get higher rep you won't be able to accept a storyline quest. Theres much more but you get the idea.

And what would the begining and end be?... We will go as far as possible. It depends if the rest of my team stick it though. If theres no-one helping me, I would just give up because there's alot to do.

Kagami

Goo!
JamieZ said:
And what would the begining and end be?... We will go as far as possible. It depends if the rest of my team stick it though. If theres no-one helping me, I would just give up because there's alot to do.

If you can make it to the eclipse with a more manga feel to the game (over anime) that could be a good place to end if it looks like team mates are dropping fast (with a "read the manga!" message). Be sure to have Wyald in it though!

We are mostly relying on the manga over the anime anyway. Case theres more in it. I hope we can get to the eclipse. If the team is still together or I have new members by then we might go further to the end.

Heres some more Characters...

General Yurious
General_Yurius.png

Corkus(not Finished)
corkus.png

Zodd-human form(not finished)
Jamiez3.png

the sprites are starting to come on track now. comments? remember, they won't look exactly like they're supposed to because... sprites are hard to do.

Those are great, I'm interested into seeing what the Zodd human form will end up looking like. General Yurious looks great,espeically love the clothing. Also I think you should stick with the manga and its good that you are relying on it mostly, the anime leaves a lot of stuff out and has a few "mistakes" in it.

Hmmm, well they call Yurious in the anime, so thats what im used to being called, and isn't he suppose to be a Count instead of a general?

no he is a general for the white tigers(dragons or something like that). Yeah he's called yurius in the anime, I should re-read the manga sometime soon. I'm glad you like them so far.

Here is the title and game-over screens...

berserk2050wp6-10241.jpg

Gameover.jpg

And here is a pic of the blackswordsman sprite that I've worked on...

(not finished, and I doubt it ever will be)
BlackSwordsmancopy.png

I personally don't like this one too muc. I made this sprite before I was any good at spriting. So I think I'll scrap it and start again. But I'll let you decide.

I just finished some more sprites...

Some Undead ones
skeleton.png

skeleton-red.png

I'm still working on this one...
dead.png

I must say these are all so brilliantly made. It would be awsome if all of these Sprites and things were made into the First GBA Berserk game or something. lol

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zelz said:
Hmmm, well they call Yurious in the anime, so thats what im used to being called, and isn't he suppose to be a Count instead of a general?

Well then they're wrong in the US edition of the anime, obviously. Anyway, he's a count AND a general (of the white dragon army, the white tigers are different and led by another guy).

Thanks for the comments, and for Aazealh for clearing that up. Anyway I've got some good news. The party and class scripts are complete. Here some screenies of it...

Party_Screen
partyscreen.png

Class_Screen
classscreen.png

The window-skin won't be the same too. This is just an example so far.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa, the Hawks employed Monks and Geomancers? :isidro: 695 HP seems like a lot. Maybe I'm just used to Paper Mario ...

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Your "Game Over" images... You're using wallpapers... Did you recieve authorization to use those?

So if you're going by the manga does that mean your putting in the things cut out of the Anime like:
The Slug Count
Guts being raped when he was 9 by Donovan for 3 silver coins
Charlotte near rape by the King
Skull Knight's first meeting with Guts after he leaves BotH's
Guts trying to kill Casca
Charlotte telling about Emperor Gaiseric (who we think is Skull Knight)
and so on....

GriffithZero said:
I couldnt imagine how anyone could re-enact these scenes with pixilized sprites

It's not the how its the why? Only Casca's :casca: rape scene is important to the plot. Personally I think Griffith copping a feel would be a lot more humorous for a rpg then a pixilized rape scene. It could leave Guts just as pissed! :guts:

Top Bottom