Berserk:God's Hand[RPG]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
I really don't know much of what else is out there, except for the ones everyone knows about.

Then maybe you shouldn't be talking about it, don't you think? I get what you mean of course, but I don't think what you said was correct. It isn't a big deal anyway, but you should know that Japanese graphic novels in general can't be reduced to Dragon Ball and Pokemon.

Another update. This is about adding extra details to the game.

We will be doing the cut-scenes in the game using pictures(not manga ones) heres an example of what it'll look like...

http://www.dubealex.com/asylum/index.php?showtopic=7352
(you must download demo to see what I mean.)

But the graphics won't be the same.

We are going to add add some atmosphere to the game using fogs. heres an example...

http://www.dubealex.com/asylum/index.php?showtopic=6281
(Once again you better download the demo if you really want to see the effects of it.)

I'm not sure if the demo's will work since you guys don't have rmxp installed. So if it doesnt work, you'll have to trust me, or download rmxp(if you really want to see)

hi all, I guess no-one got to see those fog and cut-scene features. But trust it'll look cool.

I got a map from our mapper this is going to be used for the first Chapter heres a screen-shot...

map.png

I know what you're thinking, it doesn't work well for berserk. But once we add fog it'll look much darker.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
i think its pretty nice and even without the fog i think imo that it could work at least for the beginning. fog could come after the eclipse?!

This is after the eclipse. And fog is just basically a picture designed to make lighting effects, like the light and shadows made from a fire in a fire place. They really add to the atmosphere.

Hi all, I'm just asking if anyone knows who made the pictures located in the encyclopedia->world->characters section? They are really well done. I want to know if those were made by someone here? Cause I'd like to talk with him/her and see if I can get him/her to make our facesets. Please help me out.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JamieZ said:
Hi all, I'm just asking if anyone knows who made the pictures located in the encyclopedia->world->characters section? They are really well done. I want to know if those were made by someone here? Cause I'd like to talk with him/her and see if I can get him/her to make our facesets. Please help me out.
I colored the vast majority of them. There was help from Uriel in Arc 3 and Griff did a few for Arc 4. Unfortunately, I really don't have time for any extra work at the moment, but make a request in Creation Station, and I'm sure you'll find a talented artist that's willing and able to help.

Personally, I think my recolors are inferior to most of the people in that section. But, thanks for the high praise :guts:

Thats ok man, the info you gave me was enough. Now I know that these came from the manga so I think that I can be able to do this stuff its exactly what we need to make the game stand out some more. Oh yeah we now have a game cover now(just for show)...

gamecovercopy.jpg

What do you guys think? Personally I think its great.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think the opacity of the Beherit on the lower-left is a little too weak to be recognizable. And, if this takes place after the eclipse, how's the Beherit coing to come into play? Or is it supposed to just be thematic?

yeah, the beherit should become more noticable, I'll see if I can get my writer to fix it.

I have something else I want to know now, can someone explain the different realms thing to me again? like how do u pass into another realm are just parts of the mortal world that connect with the other realm? Cause if I understand it'll be easier to explain it to others.

Another thing, I have attempted to cel shade a picture and it looks great. I hope it'll turn out good when its done.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JamieZ said:
I have something else I want to know now, can someone explain the different realms thing to me again? like how do u pass into another realm are just parts of the mortal world that connect with the other realm? Cause if I understand it'll be easier to explain it to others.
What we know comes directly from events surrounding volume 24, primarily directly from Flora. You should refresh yourself on those translations first. But keep in mind that since the merging of the worlds after Griffith's reincarnation, many of these "rules" are changing.

While there are locations that reside both in the physical world and the Interstice, they are traditionally off limits to normal humans. Two examples are Flora's Mansion (the tree the mansion is built around was formerly in the physical world, but now, after it's "death" resides in the Interstice thanks to Flora's intervention) and the Qliphoth. Though normal humans can't naturally enter such locations, branded people can as they are native to the Interstice. In this way, Serpico, Isidro, Farnese and Morgan "piggybacked" off of Guts' and Casca's access to the Interstice, allowing the entire Band admission into Flora's Mansion (this phenomenon also explains why Morgan couldn't find the Mansion without Guts and Casca). As for the Qliphoth, Griffith's reincation was responsible for the diminishing of its borders, and the subsequent spilling out of Ogres, Trolls, Kelpie etc.

It's a complicated issue obviously, and I've really only scratched the surface of it. But it's difficult to explain all the nooks and crannies of the concept without going into a pretty large post. Thankfully, Griff created a kind of glorified Venn diagram that visually explains the different properties and interactions of the 3 main "worlds" of the Berserk universe. Check it out here.

Well thanks for that, that really helped me out with a few things I didn't understand. And I've saw the diagram before, thats why I asked the questions. By the way I thought I'd like to mention I love the Encyclopedia. Very helpful when I want to explain a few things and it anwsered a few questions of mine.

Also to let you know we found a very great tileset to use for out inner maps(houses, torture chambers, middle class, lower class) and hopefully in 3 months the outter tileset will be complete(its gigantic) with that we can rest assured that the maps will look spectacular. Another thing about the project is the demo will have to be delayed to some time in may or june. This is to tie up loose ends and provide enough gameplay for you to enjoy.

On a side note. Any body who is a great picture artist(i.e skilled with photoshop or illustrator) and anyone who can do cel shading. I would like you to know that we would definately appreciate your assistance in helping us. The more artists we get the better the quality the game will be and the sooner the demo will come out..

jackson_hurley

huh i have a question for you jamiez... your demo will be available for computor only?! and if yes how will i be able to try it?! cause i would certainly like to try it!
thx man!

simple, the demo won't require anything. All you have to do is download the dem and launch the installation. Then play the game, simple. Hope this anwsers your question.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Hey, I got your PM. While I'd like to help, I have a few problems. Right now I'm kinda busy with other stuff, so the chancs I'll have any time to work on this are slim. Second, I have very little experience with pixel art, and in particular chibi anime or even cell shading. Wish I could be of use, maybe over the summer.

thats ok mate, also just so you know. You don't need to do pixel art just manga recolours. But we'll see when you have some time.

jackson_hurley

JamieZ said:
simple, the demo won't require anything. All you have to do is download the dem and launch the installation. Then play the game, simple. Hope this anwsers your question.

yep thats perfect! thx man i'll keep checking the thread to know when its ready and to check out your updates! :SK:

SlimJ87D

Apollo
well if the game ever comes out and is very neat, tell me when you guys start accepting donations, I'll donate.

Hey all, after alot of things happening. I've returned to tell you that I've finished the black-swordsman character. I can only show a preview though...

bdad9240.png

Hows that look?

This is just to show you guys that this project is still running. But unfortunately I can't tell you when a demo will be out. More stuff coming soon.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks cute. Needs a DS over his shoulder though. This version of Guts survived the eclipse with both eyes intact? :guts:

Also, you're missing Guts' infamous european carry-all / Puck's home. And why's his cape brownish red?

Needs a DS over his shoulder though.
Whats a DS?

This version of Guts survived the eclipse with both eyes intact?
oh, thanks for reminding me about that :p.

Also, you're missing Guts' infamous european carry-all
I couldnt fit it in. Being such a small template it would just become messy with all kinds of differet things on him, so I had to simplify.

And why's his cape brownish red?
As I recall guts, cape was a more dark brownish colour so I think I'll make it more darker.

Ok, thanks for that Walter. I've fixed him up, I'll upload him a little later. Good news about the project people, we should be able to get some kind of teaser trailer next month.

Heres a screenie...
screenie.png

EDIT: ok guys, scratch my Black Swordsman sprite I've just aquired a new FANTASTIC berserk spriter. Have a look for yourselves...

4e88e6d4.png

(Casca, Guts(Black Swordsman) and ricket)

Top Bottom