Berserk: The Movie?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Aazealh said:
Didn't they say somewhere that they were makeing this take place after the manga? Therefore Guts fights would likly be over.

That'd be a good way of avoiding the fights' problem (apostles?), but they don't know how Miura plans to end the manga.
1 they're asking for fans to write scripts, right?
2. its planed for 2008, in theory, Miura could finish by then.

orange_behelit

Yes I want FRIES with THAT!
Thank you Griffith, now everyone has to have multi worded usernames. And to think people are suppose to be free thinking, autonomous beings, not sheep.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I just don't want to have all my posts killed. I have become Griffith's un-holy minion of darkness. I will wrong rights and triumph over good, all in the name of griffith. And perhaps if I'm good, griffith will allow me to become an apostle.

lol! Its hilarious what these names do to board spaceing though.

G

Genn21

;D (thanks for changing your name jesus loves you and so does the evil idea of man) yessss berserk plotline and jesus exist both in the same story quick someone give me 6000 so i can make a movie out of this

Hook me up and all pay you back on tuesday :D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
KingPanda said:
6k for a movie? thats nothing...thats horrible..thatll like..ruin...berserk :-\ for the other people that is >_>
Yeah, thanks for reviving this from the grave.

Oh c'mom people. This isn't the end of the world. If the budget is only a few thousand dollars it's not likely that it will gain any more notoriety than some film student's senior project. The only thing anybody has to fear is that if they are able to make a half way decent flick out of this paltry sum of cash, (like El Mariachi) it's likely that the Hollywood types would remake and bastardize the series with a much larger budget.

Maybe soeone from Hollywood will notice all the great ideas that the movie has and maybe remake it later with a bigger budget it happen to el Maraichi which was remade into Desperado.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
CRAZYBERSERKER said:
Maybe soeone from Hollywood will notice all the great ideas that the movie has and maybe remake it later with a bigger budget it happen to el Maraichi which was remade into Desperado.

Yeah, but it'll be just as crappy as the low budget original, like when El Maraichi was remade into Desperado. ;)

ONCE UPON A TIME IN MIDLAND!

-Griffith

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Griffith said:
Yeah, but it'll be just as crappy as the low budget original, like when El Maraichi was remade into Desperado. ;)

ONCE UPON A TIME IN MIDLAND!

-Griffith

Well, I admit El Mariachi wasn't the tour de force in film-making as many critics claimed it to be but it was pretty impressive and stylish considering its 6000 dollar budget.

Anyhow, it seems financially impossible to film a good Berserk movie with a few thousand dollars since you need some pretty good special effects for the monsters and apostles. Unless the company's intent is to make it into a parody or a B-movie... :p

MeLtDoWn

I'm a llama!
OKAY: now how's this for starters:

1- you get one kickass screenplay which miura consults on if not writes himself.
2- halle berry as caska, an unknown as gatts, a stage actor as griffith, and orlando bloom as judeau [that's all i can think of for now]
3- don't make it one movie, make it, 2, hell 3 movies or more even, shit, this stuff would have to be longer than band of brothers! there you go, make it a miniseries movie even
4- if they only wanna cash in 6 k for this movie, i'm sorry, but it's gonna suck anyway you throw it. hell, even clerks didn't have a huge set, or special effects, or even color! but kevin smith still had to invest 50 k into it
5- if you want a serious berserk movie, i'm all for it, hey, i'd work on it for nothing for the privilege of working on it, lol, but you're gonna need realistic special effects, digital, camera tricks, props, whatever, some kick ass talent on every aspect, and some way to make the gory parts look real.

- maybe my standards are a little high, but this is not the best manga to make a movie out of, because of the huge demands the story requires of the moviemakers, and a huge fanbase that doesn't want to feel ripped off or even offended

Top Bottom