Berserk TV Series - Second season

Aazealh said:
Yeah, that's what I always advocated. If Berserk had to be animated again, OAV would be the way to go. Nothing really new unfortunately.

Hopefully something will come along in a couple of years, lol. But This time, I have officially decided not to do Season 2 of Berserk idea in flash, Its impossible. and really stupid. I will leave it to the proffesionals.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
If Berserk had to be animated again, OAV would be the way to go.

After watching the first episode of the Hellsing Ultimate OVA, I agree wholeheartedly. If an OVA of Berserk was made with the same quality and attention to detail that the new Hellsing anime has, it would be a great thing. Makes me want a Berserk OVA so bad...but as has been said so many times before, there's no reason to get any hopes up about it.

i love berserk and i dont read manga... but i watched the anime episodes 1-25, and loved the anime the best anime ever! but i really want a continue to ANIME :\, i want know if anybody knows if a 2nd season 25-X will be produced...!

if anyone knows! please give me a reply! thanks!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
SirUpir said:
i love berserk and i dont read manga... but i watched the anime episodes 1-25, and loved the anime the best anime ever! but i`m really want a continue to ANIME :\, i want know if anybody knows if a 2nd season 25-X will be produced...!

if anyone knows! please give me a reply! thanks!
Please jump in a fire. thanks! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi SirUpir, no Berserk second season is planned, sorry. Please use the search function of the board to get answers to further questions on the matter please. In the meantime I'll merge your thread with another one on the topic.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
SirUpir said:
because? :p

if is because of the english mistake, english don't is my primary language :p
It's not because of your english.... This site has been around for awhile.... do you honestly think you are the first person to ask this? :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SirUpir said:
if is because of the english mistake, english don't is my primary language :p

He said so because that question was asked and answered numerous times in the past and that you should have searched before making a thread to ask about it. You'll find that the Search Engine will prove very useful to answer any question you might have, please use it before creating threads from now on.

As far as the fate of a second season.....just think about the changes they made to the anime......skull knight, wyald, puck, basically all things that hinted at things during the eclipse and beyond were cut out. Stuff to make the anime a kind of self-contained story. And the infamous ending is obviously meant for people to go "wtf?" and go read the manga. I forget where i read a theory on this, but i totally agree. The theory was that the anime was basically a really expensive and well done advertisement for the manga. Even if a second season did get made, they'd have to just kind of shoe-horn skull knight and puck in there, or make significant changes.
Now as for OAV, WHOO!!! That'd be sweet.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheBeast43105 said:
I forget where i read a theory on this, but i totally agree. The theory was that the anime was basically a really expensive and well done advertisement for the manga.

Since when is this a theory? Anyway it's true that the anime was made so it'd be self-contained, it was always planned to be a single 25-episodes-long stand-alone season. Of course it wasn't simply an advertisement campaign, but it was meant to showcase the series as a whole and the ending was purposedly done so that it'd left readers eager to know what was supposed be happening next. I don't think it's very surprising and as a matter of fact it was made clear from the beginning.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
TheBeast43105 said:
I forget where i read a theory on this, but i totally agree. The theory was that the anime was basically a really expensive and well done advertisement for the manga.
That may be the ultimate effect of the anime adaptation, however I think it's pretty farfetched to assume that was the studio's intent in producing it. Anime, like everything else, is made for profit.

Even if a second season did get made, they'd have to just kind of shoe-horn skull knight and puck in there, or make significant changes.
It could be done :badbone: But, it just won't, or it would have been already. It's been almost a decade you know...

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
Seeing a second season would definitely be nice especially if it was to come out as an OVA series (as several people already mentioned), although sadly I don't think we'll ever see any more Berserk anime. 

smoke said:
I don't think the original anime did justice to the manga, anywho.

I definitely have to agree with you there, although it was a nice attempt at animating such an epic series.  But even if the series were to have a second season I don't think it could possibly cover everything that the manga does, not to mention a great deal of information would be lost in the transition from one medium to another no matter how true to the original manga it might be.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
In dealing with Skull Knight, I could see them starting the second season with Gutts coming to on the back of SK's horse breifly enough to see him. And then later when they're talking in the field it would be reworked to thier first metting.
And SK would fill him in on the rescue and such...

Puck....will be harder to work in..
As for Silat...mmm....his first apperance wasn't terribly important, but he'll seem pointless without having this for knowledge and relation to Gutts.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
In dealing with Skull Knight, I could see them starting the second season with Guts coming to on the back of SK's horse breifly enough to see him. And then later when they're talking in the field it would be reworked to thier first metting.
And SK would fill him in on the rescue and such...

Puck....will be harder to work in..
As for Silat...mmm....his first apperance wasn't terribly important, but he'll seem pointless without having this for knowledge and relation to Guts.

Not a bad beginning for Guts in Season 2, Him waking up on the back of the Skullknight's horse and SK tells what happend etc.

And for Puck and Silat, I cant really see where they would come in because Puck didnt appear in the anime or he was replaced by a little girl in the first ep. But Not a bad beginning Zeph :guts:

They could work Puck in and such if they totally disregard the first episode and start from where Zeph suggested. I mean you got the background story of the hawks and everything. The first episode of the anime seemed more like a "glimpse" into the aftermath instead of an actual relevent storyarc/episode. Or they could just make him meet Puck like he did in the manga, and skip the snake baron part. Then continue the storyline.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with an animated version(s) of the rest of the story once it's complete. It wouldn't make much sense to do it any other way if they do decide to. As long as I have time to finish 4 more years of school so I can apply to work on it. :zodd:

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
The Berserk Manga's have sold more than 30 million plus volumes world wide.
Therefore I don't think that the concept of a completely new series with high quality animation is out of the 'unlikely realm' for the futue.

With numbers that high, to brush the possibility of a new or continued animated series is I believe, absurd.

So in turn, I feel that the concept of a new and a more faithful to the manga animated series will see the light of day. The only reason I think that no one's doing it now, is that the horizon of a definitive end should be in sight first.

As we all know, Berserk episodes aren't pumped out as frequently as others, like Naruto and One Piece, and I believe no one wants fillers for Bersek due to it's more complex undertones and that any Berserk storyline has to be directly influenced by Miura himself, not some other writer, no matter how good they are. I don't really care if that future is far away, because that would mean that Berserk has alot of story left.

To restate what I wrote, I think a new series will be made in the (most likely far)future that is faithful to manga, but will only start developement when Miura signals that the end is coming.

So to those that want one now, just look at what happened to the animated claymore series.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi_There said:
Therefore I don't think that the concept of a completely new series with high quality animation is out of the 'unlikely realm' for the futue.

Haha, I think you messed up with your sentence here. You're saying you think the concept of a new series is still in the "unlikely realm" for the future, and of course I'm pretty sure you mean the contrary. It's true, it's not unlikely that one day, there could be a new animated series based on Berserk, and it'd be awesome if it was in the form of high quality OVAs, completely faithful to the manga, etc. It's more wishful thinking than actual knowledge though.

Hi_There said:
With numbers that high, to brush the possibility of a new or continued animated series is I believe, absurd.

I think what's absurd is to believe there'll be a second season to the old animated series. It wasn't made with that in mind at the time, and it'd be stupid to try to do it regardless after all those years.

Hi_There said:
The only reason I think that no one's doing it now, is that the horizon of a definitive end should be in sight first.

There's also the fact that a new Berserk animated series couldn't be shown on TV without being censored like the first one was. It'd have to go the OVA route.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
Haha, I think you messed up with your sentence here.

LOL, and here I am tying to write a book :judo:

I hope an Ova version would be produced, but I wonder if a production company will have enough confidence to produce Ova's for a story as extensive as berserk.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi_There said:
I hope an Ova version would be produced, but I wonder if a production company will have enough confidence to produce Ova's for a story as extensive as berserk.

That's a good concern, given the length of the series it'd have to be a pretty solid company, both financially and logistically.

Top Bottom