Brief introduction and a question on the "Artwork of Berserk" book

Hi everyone, I've been a fan of Berserk for a good while now, I got into the series after deciding that I wanted to get invested in a long, high quality manga, I went into the series completely blind and it quickly became my favourite thing ever. I've bought the entire physical collection as well as a bunch of other merch items like statues, posters and t-shirts. I'm pretty new to skullknight.net but I did lurk here for a good while before I made my account.

I've got a question on the "Artwork of Berserk" book, where can I get one brand new ? Google wont give me a straight answer and places like amazon don't have it. Was it limited edition or only available at the berserk exhibition?

Looking forward to discussing Berserk with you all :guts: :femto:

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Novie, welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us.

I've got a question on the "Artwork of Berserk" book, where can I get one brand new ? Google wont give me a straight answer and places like amazon don't have it. Was it limited edition or only available at the berserk exhibition?

Quick but sad answer: yes, it is only available to purchase at the Berserk exhibition. They have said that it will eventually be purchasable online, once the exhibition "roadshow" winds down. However it might still require using a third party even then. If you're interesting in learning more about the exhibition and what products are sold there, you can check out the dedicated thread.

TheItCrOw

Knight without Title
Hi and welcome @TheNovie!

At the risk of speaking to a matter to which I have no further knowledge and may end up being useless: but I found a purchasable copy of a book with that name here for 90 euros. I can savely put it into my shopping cart. It looks like its being shipped from Japan. Is that not worth a shot?

In the description it says: "BERSERK EXHIBITION OFFICIAL ILLUSTRATION BOOK THE ARTWORK OF BERSERK is now available !"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
At the risk of speaking to a matter to which I have no further knowledge and may end up being useless: but I found a purchasable copy of a book with that name here for 90 euros. I can savely put it into my shopping cart. It looks like its being shipped from Japan. Is that not worth a shot?

It can be found at various resellers online, but 90 euros is over triple the price it actually sells for.

Hi and welcome @TheNovie!

In the description it says: "BERSERK EXHIBITION OFFICIAL ILLUSTRATION BOOK THE ARTWORK OF BERSERK is now available !"
Thanks I might give that a try.
It can be found at various resellers online, but 90 euros is over triple the price it actually sells for.
I'll do some shopping around and see what's available, thanks again

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Part of me thinks it's inevitable for it to be released in English, given how well Berserk has sold for Dark Horse, along with the fact that Dark Horse also does a good business with artbooks. For example, they're the ones who sell all those Zelda Hyrule Historia books (up to 4 now, I think?), among many others. That being said... this is a very particular kind of book that is tied to the Japan-only exhibition itself. It's possible that because of that connection, it won't be treated just like any other artbook, and it might not get licensed out. That would be terrible, but unfortunately, I can see it happening at this point.

I was lucky enough to be able to go over there myself and bought several for myself and friends, but that's pretty extreme...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'll do some shopping around and see what's available, thanks again

Cheapest I could find with a quick search. ~33€ and the seller handles the cost of shipping it to the warehouse. The service I linked is cheap and reliable, so that leaves you to pay for the international shipping. I'd estimate a total cost of ~60€. Still more than double the retail price, but if you want it right now, that's probably the best deal you'll find.

Cheapest I could find with a quick search. ~33€ and the seller handles the cost of shipping it to the warehouse. The service I linked is cheap and reliable, so that leaves you to pay for the international shipping. I'd estimate a total cost of ~60€. Still more than double the retail price, but if you want it right now, that's probably the best deal you'll find.
Thanks I'll likely buy this

Part of me thinks it's inevitable for it to be released in English, given how well Berserk has sold for Dark Horse, along with the fact that Dark Horse also does a good business with artbooks. For example, they're the ones who sell all those Zelda Hyrule Historia books (up to 4 now, I think?), among many others. That being said... this is a very particular kind of book that is tied to the Japan-only exhibition itself. It's possible that because of that connection, it won't be treated just like any other artbook, and it might not get licensed out. That would be terrible, but unfortunately, I can see it happening at this point.

I was lucky enough to be able to go over there myself and bought several for myself and friends, but that's pretty extreme...
Ya we'll just have to hope Dark horse gets the rights to it.

The Artwork of Berserk is a fantastic artbook. It's high quality materials. Looks very sturdy I doubt it'll get torn that easily. I really like it. It has all the art(well not all of it but most of it), with the exception of volume 41 cover but thats okay. I think if Darkhorse will be doing it they might cheapen out and use cheaper materials so I'm not sure how much I want such a release... Welp, hope you get your copy soon and enjoy it! By the way when you say you got all of it physical, do you mean the darkhorse singles? Do check out my thread "my collection" where I show off what I got

The Artwork of Berserk is a fantastic artbook. It's high quality materials. Looks very sturdy I doubt it'll get torn that easily. I really like it. It has all the art(well not all of it but most of it), with the exception of volume 41 cover but thats okay. I think if Darkhorse will be doing it they might cheapen out and use cheaper materials so I'm not sure how much I want such a release... Welp, hope you get your copy soon and enjoy it! By the way when you say you got all of it physical, do you mean the darkhorse singles? Do check out my thread "my collection" where I show off what I got
Ive got the first deluxe volume and vols 1 - 41 in darkhorse singles

Top Bottom