California Inferno

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Yeah I'd feel bad for that kid if he got sent to jail for 30 years, but then again you've got to put some sense in people. It's unacceptable that negligence or whatever it was made it happen.

I'd feel bad for the kid if he even had to spend 1 year in jail. I think he should be punished, but not any of the ways they've come up with so far [Public spanking?] or a shit ton of community service hours.

At the very least I hope he can't sleep at night from the guilt his acts cause him.

He's ten not Ted Bundy. :ganishka:

I'm sure the kid can't from having to hear he's going to lose his family and all the problems he's caused.

Edit: Sparnage you really go for gold don't you?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I'd feel bad for the kid if he even had to spend 1 year in jail. I think he should be punished, but not any of the ways they've come up with so far [Public spanking?] or a shit ton of community service hours.

He's ten not Ted Bundy. :ganishka:

I'm sure the kid can't from having to hear he's going to lose his family and all the problems he's caused.

In addition the fines, don't know what the courts expect by charging the kid/family millions of dollars in damage. Then again, getting a loan there that has no means of being repaid isn't meant to be difficult, so I keep hearing.

Edit: Sparnage you really go for gold don't you?

In my defence i had no intention of doing any damage, they just shot up rather quickly, curtains would've been decades old before fireproof shit was around I suppose.

Point is young people do stupid things, I doubt many people here are of any exception. I know many people who have done some equally stupid careless things, most of which end up as nostalgic memories.
This kid was just being dumb but under incredibly unlucky circumstances.

BTW a thought occurs, if that's who caused the fire, then who the fuck did the police kill?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
In addition the fines, don't know what the courts expect by charging the kid/family millions of dollars in damage.
Appeasing the public, who just lost an assload of property.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
BTW a thought occurs, if that's who caused the fire, then who the fuck did the police kill?

Yeah, I've been wondering the same ever since it was announced the kid did it. If the guy had done nothing and was just panicked it's really too bad for him.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
It wasn't just one fire. The one the kid started was ...

... among 15 or so major wildfires that killed 14 people, destroyed some 2,100 homes and blackened 809 square miles from Los Angeles to the Mexican border last week.
source was posted earlier in the thread: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071031/ap_on_re_us/california_wildfires

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071113/ap_on_re_us/california_wildfires

LOS ANGELES - A 10-year-old boy who admitted to starting a 38,000-acre fire last month that destroyed 21 homes in northern Los Angeles County will not be charged, prosecutors said Tuesday.

There was no evidence of intent by the boy who accidentally ignited brush outside his home by playing with matches, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said in a statement.

Authorities are referring the case to the Department of Children and Family Services to determine if further steps are necessary. No other information about the investigation was released because the case involves a minor.

Law experts had said prosecutors would have trouble getting a conviction against the boy because it would be difficult to prove he intended to cause harm.

Top Bottom