Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (spoilers)

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Walter said:
I wonder if it's just me with shitty luck (around 12 right now), but I've only gotten a dozen or so souls. Pretty scarce, really. Thankfully, I believe I've found my favorite, at least, it was my favorite TYPE of attack soul in AoS. For me, it's the "Killer Clown," who throws a card quickly through the air.

I'm sure there are flashier attack souls out there, but this one was always my favorite in AoS, where it was called "Evil Butcher."

PS: my lack of souls COULD be from my over-eagerness to imbue them in weapons as soon as I find them :beast:

PPS: Also, earlier in the thread Aaz said the US version would have US dialogue/SFX. Not so. In my copy, it's original japanese SFX galore.

Don't worry about not being able to get souls quickly, once you get some better luck boosting items and level up you'll be getting them more rapidly. Don't ever question trading souls for weapons, its quite worth it. I recommend going with Katanas because of their superior attack speed, also jump short off the ground and attack in air, land and attack again, then follow it up a weapon special! Woo, combo! And the SFX in DoS is JP in all versions. I think that a lot of it was cut out for the NA release. I'm glad you got your DS early Walter. Better finish DoS soon, you'll have something new to go through in a few days. No way, savor DoS to the last bit!

Aazealh said:
I think you've got the wrong thread Rakshas, this one is about Dawn of Sorrow. :void:

Sorry! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Thankfully, I believe I've found my favorite, at least, it was my favorite TYPE of attack soul in AoS. For me, it's the "Killer Clown," who throws a card quickly through the air.

What's that lame soul?! :troll: Nah, seriously there's a lot of cool ones, that's what it comes down to. It's pretty much a matter of personal preference in the end (until you find the uber end-game ones that is). But if you only have 12 it may be a bit early to say it's your favorite.

Walter said:
PS: my lack of souls COULD be from my over-eagerness to imbue them in weapons as soon as I find them :beast:

Walter said:
PPS: Also, earlier in the thread Aaz said the US version would have US dialogue/SFX. Not so. In my copy, it's original japanese SFX galore.

Nah, it's not what I said. Like Rakshas commented, the JP voices are still there, but they removed like 95% of them for no reason. I understand some people would find it awkward, but I really like them so it was a real bummer to me.

Top Bottom