Collections and the very reason we collect

a.jpg
-(my set)
Hello everyone, I had an idea about this thread for some time now. I wanted to hear your guys thoughts on the "art" of collecting, it can be about anything even though I will pose a follow-up question on what u regard as a must-own in a Berserk collection, and why.

For me I think of it as a source of inspiration, something you can open up and gaze at(in my case that's all I can do as I only own the Japanese singles, can't exactly read those yet). It sounds like I view it like a Bible, perhaps I do. I hold it as something precious, because I believe it IS precious. But sometimes I'm not as impressed or interested, for example regarding the figurines(many of which are quite poorly made). I wish to sell those. :sweatdrop: Erm anyway.

I used to have the whole deluxe(1-13) set but I sold it because I found it lacking in several departments. I also needed money. I think it looks great for the most part, but if I had to pick? I'd pick either digital or singles.

Speaking of DIGITAL, do you guys have anything digital you keep as part of your collection?

039.png

Last edited:
I like buying things to put on my shelf and then never use them.

Had old anime dvds sitting on my shelf for years to "Get around to" and then never do. I question why I collect sometimes.

Had old anime dvds sitting on my shelf for years to "Get around to" and then never do. I question why I collect sometimes.
thrill of buying and having and showing appreciation/showing off i think

Parkus

Keep pushing no matter what
To me, collecting things feel more like some kind of achievement, especially if you've collected every single thing of it(which I am nowhere close to doing:judo:)and it just gives me a nice feeling to have it.

To me, collecting things feel more like some kind of achievement, especially if you've collected every single thing of it(which I am nowhere close to doing:judo:)and it just gives me a nice feeling to have it.
How come you haven't come around to doing that with berserk?

Like what? What do you like buying, is berserk one of those things u put on ur shelf xD

thrill of buying and having and showing appreciation/showing off i think
the rush to have something and then when you do the thrill is gone...unless...:puck:

A bit tight on money but i'm getting there...just very slowly.
I guess we have that in common then, I barely have any money left once I pay all my bills, I am trying to save and at the same time get the right Berserk products so I'd have something there of it. My plan is to get the darkhorse singles, as wonky as they are, they're still a translation that I could read... major problem with this is that its so expensive and unavailable where I live, so I'd have to pay shipping and higher rates in order to get it, overall it would cost a fortune for me! Thats also why I got the japanese set from ebay, it was super cheap, -120 bucks....I imagine the darkhorse singles would amount to costing close to a thousand

I have a reasonably large collection of art related to the series. It is fun and inspiring to look at.
That's fantastic! Do you have anything that's not as well known? I too have a vast digital collection, so if u have something u could share with me I'd appreciate it a lot :guts:

Top Bottom