Death to... BitTorrent!?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Death to... BitTorrent!!??!?!?

Olivier Hague said:
More like a continent, technically. ^^

Bah, you're picky (but right nonetheless), I meant the United States of America, of course :p (no offense to other American nations).

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Aazealh said:
You can't really be racist toward Americans, since America isn't a race but a nation. Fucking capitalist pig, Allah akbar!

Yeah, but people from the US are refered to as Americans. Really all the "I'm the biggest american hateing guy since hitler" is old. Ok fine keep it to your self.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Well so in your opinion, why people from the US call themselves Americans ? If this isn't any kind of pondered imperialism, what is it ? Hell, I know a bit of history, and i'm not pleased at 100% with 1823 : Monroe's doctrine and the idea of a west hemisphere, 1885 : Strong's new-found mission of the US, 1904 : Roosevlet's corollary to Monroe's doctrine... well i name a few just for the sake of it.

Indeed, there is no racism against the US of course. Sometimes i wonder though, why "people of the us" have to name their race for the census ? Isn't it quite old a view ?
Anyway, VHBob, Darkbane seems austrian, then he must belong to the neo-nazi uh ? This does make me think of you having anything but a narrow vision. At laeast, I know you're not a fool, but this kind of topics may always revels itself somehow "risky".

Guil

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

*Gyom* said:
Well so in your opinion, why people from the US call themselves Americans ? If this isn't any kind of pondered imperialism, what is it ?

Well for the most part, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americans

*Gyom* said:
Indeed, there is no racism against the US of course.

darkbane said:
God please let's not go there. It may not be evident, but I'm a devout America-hater...

Unless he was kidding, then there you go.

Sometimes i wonder though, why "people of the us" have to name their race for the census ? Isn't it quite old a view ?

Then tell that to the Canadians and Mexicans and all those latin countries.

Anyway, VHBob, Darkbane seems austrian, then he must belong to the neo-nazi uh ?

Could be. I don't know him.

This does make me think of you having anything but a narrow vision. At laeast, I know you're not a fool, but this kind of topics may always revels itself somehow "risky".

Guil, when you make a post saying "Don't get me started I'm the biggest American hater here." I'm going to mock the person. I would do the same regardless to if he said French, Polish, Southeast Indy, ect. If anything you should be joining in on bashing him. Is it right to dislike people from a certain place? The whole bored jumped Malf for doing it, but that was towards the French. Then this guy said that, which was just probably on the same level of stupidity as Malf's post. OK, racist, wasn't a good choice, prejudice would be better. OK fine Darkbane is prejudice he even said so him self.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Unless he was kidding, then there you go.
Saying he's an America-hater doesn't imply any racism, rather a phobia against a country, whether it is funded or not.

Guil, when you make a post saying "Don't get me started I'm the biggest American hater here." I'm going to mock the person. I would do the same regardless to if he said French, Polish, Southeast Indy, ect. If anything you should be joining in on bashing him. Is it right to dislike people from a certain place? The whole bored jumped Malf for doing it, but that was towards the French. Then this guy said that, which was just probably on the same level of stupidity as Malf's post. OK, racist, wasn't a good choice, prejudice would be better. OK fine Darkbane is prejudice he even said so him self.
You had a good reason to mock him. I just found your means not appropriate, concerning the fuhrer-related part and as for the rest, we seem to have it fixed, as it was only a matter of terminology.

Guil
ps -back on topic- : i am not downloading recently because of a computer problem 8)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

*Gyom* said:
You had a good reason to mock him. I just found your means not appropriate, concerning the fuhrer-related part and as for the rest, we seem to have it fixed, as it was only a matter of terminology.

Ok ok I was wrong, next time I wont' do it that way. ;D

Guil
ps -back on topic- : i am not downloading recently because of a computer problem  8)

I don't do it because I ran out of space on my computer. But now I do have the space. =|

D

darkbane

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Yeah, but people from the US are refered to as Americans. Really all the "I'm the biggest american hateing guy since hitler" is old. Ok fine keep it to your self.

Some of my best friends are Americans. I graduated from an American school. When I say I hate America, or the USA, I of course do not mean the people, but the nation (more specifically, I hate American foreign policy. There, that's clear enough, right?). Sorry for the misunderstanding. Also, due to the ethnic composition of America, I don't think we can call it a race in the first place.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Could be. I don't know him.
I'm Russian actually. But that has nothing to do with the topic, really.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Guil, when you make a post saying "Don't get me started I'm the biggest American hater here." I'm going to mock the person.
That wasn't what I wanted to say at all. (Looking back I guess it did sound like it, tho).

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
OK fine Darkbane is prejudice he even said so him self.
Prejudice does not play into it at all.

I shouldn't have said anything in the first place, it had the opposite of the desired effect :-X

D

darkbane

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Oh brother....  "Hey some of my best friends are black!" says the Klansman. 

Nice one. Well, if believing that I am racist will make you feel better, go ahead. ::)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

darkbane said:
God please let's not go there. It may not be evident, but I'm a devout America-hater...

Olivier makes a good point though, do you even hate Sputh Americans? =)

But kudos anyway for simply and honestly stating your opinion where appropriate, and not letting it color EVERY post you make. Unless it does and I just never noticed...

darkbane said:
I disagree, Griffith, you stupid American pig-dog

;D

Queenfan01 said:
Only Freddie Mercury could stop the doomed direction this thread is suddenly heading, and he is dead.  We can only pray he will rise again.

What are you talking about? That ploy couldn't have worked out better, the last few posts have put a smile on my face.

D

darkbane

"Griffith No More!" said:
I disagree, Griffith, you stupid American pig-dog
Oi, oi, don't randomly go making up quotes ;D

Top Bottom