Deep Questions...Deeper Answers

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Resurrected from beyond the grave, this topic is chock full of good, classic speculation, 2001 style.

M

medievald00d

triangles! ;D

but seriously, i took some time to look through this thread. The last two pages are full of shXXX, as well as triangles... But i did find the stuff about eclipses interesting.

well, maybe some people developed this theory before me, and if that's the fact I apologize, but i've been thinking about this for quite some time and I'd like you all to prove me wrong or to add something.
For my theory to be kind of relevant, it would be necessary to consider these facts as accurate
- Skullknight is Gaiseric.
- Void is the wise man in the scripture
Gaiseric was sent by Idea in order to create despair and suffering in the heart of people, thus reinforcing Idea's power over man's destiny. So with Idea's help(which he wasn't probably aware of), he conquered his kingdom and started a brutal rule, making people suffer and wishing for a savior.
One man, the wise man spoken about in the legend, was captured because he was opposing gaiseric. Somehow, gaiseric managed to learn about the Eclipse-maybe, and I admit it is not a flawless theory, through the church scriptures- and decided to create his own ceremony. Then, the Eclipse was indeed a success, but the chosen one was not Gaiseric himself, but the wise man, which became Void. Void then destructed Gaiseric kingdom, and became the first god hand, thus starting the events we all know, Gaiseric becoming skullknight, and fighting for centuries with the help of magic in order to get revenge upon Void.
well I know all this is FAR from being flawless, but I d like to hear your opinions about this, and maybe develop more some ideas I ve got.

M

medievald00d

four, maybe five angels buddy. Void is only one of them. ???

I figure, Gaiseric became the first apostle of a previous god hand sacrificing those in the tower, and Gaiseric, enjoying bloodshed, went to war with the god hand. The God Hand, being defeated, were forced to create a ceremony to annoint a new apostle, Zodd, to defend them (or him, I kind of think Void would be the last one to survive). Zodd was given extra power in return for their (or his) safety (i assume thats why Zodd can crush other apostles with ease). Since then, Gaiseric and Zodd have been at odds, fighting each other.

O

Ozmo

Who the hell is this paradiselost guy? I looked at some of the oldest posts on the forum and he was telling everybody to fk off with arguments very much like those present, not to mention he tried to prove the Hague to be wrong. :eek:

Btw, I strongly disagree with whoever said Gaiseric was an Apostole at any point. It's strongly suggested that he was branded himself (the last survivor of Midland?) and Flora would hardly be friends with an Apostole. :)

Ozmo said:
Btw, I strongly disagree with whoever said Gaiseric was an Apostole at any point. It's strongly suggested that he was branded himself (the last survivor of Midland?) and Flora would hardly be friends with an Apostole. :)

Great obervation Ozmo! I also had once thought of that. Flora mentioned that casuality is spiral and events may likely to happen in similar ways, from here i can tell SK maybe similar to Guts in the past which means likely SK himself is sarcrificed.
This is how my speculation goes...

Gaiseric was a human, but was unmatched in power in term of battle strategy and swordskills. He conquered the whole of midland and rule it with brutal means which caused suffering to the people. The citizen soon oppose and among them a wise man stood up, who is the opposition leader. Gaiseric captured and locked him up, but that does not prevent the behelit from getting to his hand. Soon the ceremony begin and everyone who supported and look up to him were all sarcrificed (just like the hawk). After the ceremony ended and the wise man became the first godhand Void, he soon sent four kings (not necessary angels) to destroy Gaiseric kingdom and whatever he had. Gaiseric, wearing the armor of berserk, fought valiantly to defend his kingdom but with no valid. Soon he fell due to loss of blood but was somehow resurrected by magic, all thanks to Flora and the story of getting revenge continue... :'(

I never really mention this because there is too much flaw for this story

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
wow.... Paradiselost was a prick AND an idiot.... I'm glad I missed that.

On topic, I am rather intrigued by the numeric loveliness and ties to revelations discussed in this thread. Tonight I will go home and read my bible, trying to see what I may come up with.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Darok [Gloombeard!] said:
wow.... Paradiselost was a prick AND an idiot.... I'm glad I missed that.

what you've said is pretty much true, but keep in mind -- those days were also the most active moments of this board (the golden age?). stonning morons was something that people on this board once enjoyed --now they're pretty much exasperated and fed up. i believe there was a brief article about the birth and death of BBS boards.

excuse my impulsiveness/lack of vision, but i believe we're almost past the "mid-life crisis hill" and rolling toward "the terminal decay junction".

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The board's activity and attitude has always and will always have a direct correllation to the events of the manga.

This is a proven correllation.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Walter said:
The board's activity and attitude has always and will always have a direct correllation to the events of the manga.

This is a proven correllation.

in another word, i'm just painting my memories with rosy-hued colours. i tend to do that.

so what's the reason for reviving this board? to contrast speculations of the past to the present? it's not like the time when Olivier predicted the shadow eclipse.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I blame the degenerates from the Hawks. Still, back then there were so many questions to be answered, now, we've kind of been through everything with the fine toothcomb. We just need more stuff to speculate about, that's all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
I blame the degenerates from the Hawks. Still, back then there were so many questions to be answered, now, we've kind of been through everything with the fine toothcomb. We just need more stuff to speculate about, that's all.
Exactly. Back in the day, there were many things still up in the air, not cemented down as much as righht now.

"Why does skully eat beherits?!"

H

Herald of Galactor

I've been wondering for awhile: is it mentioned how long the Vatican has held power in the Berserk world? When was it founded?

I think Idea ensures the success of the Vatican in order to avoid other Ideas from being born and opposing him(?).

The dichotomy of the Hawk of Light/Hawk of Darkness reminds me not only of Biblical scripture, but also of Zoroastrianism with its two opposing gods, representing good and evil.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
White_Hawk said:
Well so far our enmities are revealed.
Before we start sending bomb mail I suggest we all get back to a Taka No Dan sorta feeling. So, now for the issues...
When Gaisseric was emperor, the people suffered and their thoughts suppousingly summoned idea, since they were all desperate and anguished. Then a "wise man", or "priest", prayed to God after being tortured for a while, to rid the world of Gaiseric. Five, or four(not sure from all I hear) angels came and wrecked havoc throughout the kingdom. Now, if Idea was summoned by the fears and wishes of people, to WHOM did the "wise man" pray? And furthermore, WHO answered. Ok, so it was may have been Idea freshly born, but why then did the whole kingdom along it's people perish? How'd Gaiserrick escape to become SkullKnight?
He may have had the crimson egg, since he was the ruler of a great unified empire, which makes him a candidate for God Hand. Why does he hate them then?
His grudge with Void indicates that he may known him in life.
How did Void invocate the angels, and who were they, if all GH are human?
That's a lot of questions...not to metnion I left out Zodd.
Well, there you have it...shoot.

I thought it was inferred by Mosguz that Void was possibly a minister/wise man, therefore, someone who possessed some knowledge of magic. The four or FIVE angels could have been the elemental spirits/kings...earth, wind, water, fire, AND OR SHADOW. Gaiseric was supposedly having Void tortured when Void called down these angels.

I thought Void was the first God Hand and Slann followed..it's obvious Slann and Void BOTH have ties to Gaiseric, and I suspect perhaps Conrad and Ubik do also.

There's a lot of historical links in Berserk, especially concerning the topic of the 'Vatican' and the rise of its power, how it managed to drive into hiding the old pagan beliefs which people used to believe in. Shierke talks about how the witch had to hide in the forest, and how churches were built on top of old sacred temples of stone resembling Stonehedge-like monoliths. To me Gaiseric represents a sort of Caesar-like ruler...someone who ruled a huge empire, but ruled with an iron hand.

LG

O

Ozmo

Talking about good old times, how old is this place exactly? What chapters were new when this board opened n'stuff?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
In reference to Lady Griff, there is no Shadow Elemental and there isn't any confirmation that there is a connection between Slan and Gaiseric. Skull Knight's comments to her are just saying that she's the goddess of love basically. As for her knowledge, hell she's bound to know a little bit about the man's history if she's a God Hand.

Top Bottom