Does a lot of gaming affect you ...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Here's something, when I would play Diablo II all day and all night I'd have fitful half-sleep where the maps would keep scrolling through my head when I'd close my eyes, like I was still playing. It felt like it too, because I was half-dreaming, but not getting restful sleep because it bordered on night terrors. Wasn't pleasant.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Here's something, when I would play Diablo II all day and all night I'd have fitful half-sleep where the maps would keep scrolling through my head when I'd close my eyes, like I was still playing. It felt like it too, because I was half-dreaming, but not getting restful sleep because it bordered on night terrors. Wasn't pleasant.
Diablo without loot? That does sound like a nightmare. :magni:

I’ve never had a game affect me physically (except for a headache every now and then when I was a kid), but I had a funny (or scary) experience with Grand Theft Auto a few years back. I had a few days to kill before my classes started up again so I needed something to do. I had bought Grand Theft Auto 3 and GTA: Vice City when they first came out, but I had never actually beaten the games. I’d usually just run around and blow stuff up. The fact I had them for so long and hadn't finished them bothered me so I decided I would play through both games. Over the course of a day or three I spent all my time beating GTA 3 and most of Vice City (I still haven’t finished that one because of a stupid mission that I truly believe is impossible to complete).

After a few days of playing, I had to quit because of a date with a friend. So there I was taking an interchange from one highway to the next when I noticed I was getting kind of close to a cement barrier. Of course, that made me think “I hope I don’t hit it.” My next thought was “well, if I wreck this car I’ll just get out and go steal another one.” I wasn’t joking. The thought was completely honest and completely serious as if not only was it easy to do but also normal. Almost immediately afterwards, I caught myself and had a “what the hell?” moment for thinking that. I didn’t trust myself after that so I drove extra cautiously the rest of the way.

I guess I had spent so much time inside the GTA world that, when I stopped playing, it took a little while for me to leave the mindset of that game world behind.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I remember I had a funny dream when I was child. I remember I was sitting in my room playing my super Nintendo, (I only owned DonkeyKong Country and SuperMario all stars) when my roof collapsed on top of me and hundreds of SNES games came pouring through the roof. I was like Scrooge McDuck swimming in gold. when suddenly I felt that this was too good to be true, I felt I was waking up and in a panic I grabbed an arm full of games and stuffed them into my pockets. when i woke up I checked my pockets in a hurry and nothing.. the true nightmare here is waking up! :sad:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Fisticuffs said:
I guess I had spent so much time inside the GTA world that, when I stopped playing, it took a little while for me to leave the mindset of that game world behind.

Yeah, same here, I think that's common. Some people learn to drive from playing those games! Scary thought. =)

Truder said:
I remember I had a funny dream when I was child. I remember I was sitting in my room playing my super Nintendo, (I only owned DonkeyKong Country and SuperMario all stars) when my roof collapsed on top of me and hundreds of SNES games came pouring through the roof. I was like Scrooge McDuck swimming in gold. when suddenly I felt that this was too good to be true, I felt I was waking up and in a panic I grabbed an arm full of games and stuffed them into my pockets. when i woke up I checked my pockets in a hurry and nothing.. the true nightmare here is waking up! :sad:

:ganishka:

Top Bottom