Duke Nukem Forever...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Viral Harvest said:
Played the full version a few nights ago. Looks like everyone beat me to the punch though, this game is pretty miserable. Still, I found myself enjoying whatever was left of Duke in his terminally-ill state.
Game just launched today in the EU. How'd you play it so early?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
Midnight release? It's been on torrent for 2 weeks now. Regardless I played 5 minutes of it at my neighbors house and that's as much attention it got from me. Maybe it's the age, but the only giggle it got out of me was when I turned it off.

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
Walter said:

A jailbroken PS3, a few messy torrents, lots of spyware, and Combofix to save the day.

All of which, really weren't worth the trouble for this game. Free or not.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
IGN gave the Duke a 5.5 lol
It's hanging around a 50 right now on metacritic, depending on what platform you're considering. EU reviewers seem to be more favorable than those in the US, interesting. Despite that, it's still the best-selling title on Steam right now, but the numbers aren't that hot: 11,293 peak players today. Double that to compensate for roughly all regions and that's a 22,600 launch day for the PC edition. Not exactly smoking, but as always I'm sure the 360/PS3 one sold better.

Regardless of how it's performing now, after this launch window all the curiosity seekers will have been satiated. The game doesn't have long legs for the rest of the market, especially after all this bad press. I can't imagine it will experience much residual sales value.

The question I have right now is for George Broussard: What the hell where you guys actually doing for 12 of the 14 years DNF was in development? I'll tweet him and see if he replies :carcus:

Top Bottom