Episode 224

P

psymont

Re:Chapter 224

im not sure if this has been mentioned yet:

how is guts going to get that armor on in the middle of a fight? is it going to just jump on him once its within 10 feet or something like that?

O

Ozmo

Errr... first post here. Hi all. :)

I was actually slightly dissappointed with not much happening in this chapter. Most things just half-happened and I'm more anxious to see the next chapter than ever before. :D

(Oh my, that smiley looks positively retarded on these boards. :p)

I'm kind of worried the next chapter will only see Gutts and Grundbeld exchanging a few more blows, Serpico and the rest running for the armor, Skully and Zodd yapping their jaws etc, but something major happening wouldn't be the first time this story suprised me. So many things can go so differently that I wouldn't make any predictions on the outcome, though.

I'm very intrested in seeing what happens when Gutts puts on the armor. The thing about it being cursed might mean he'll become a part of it like Skull Knight is to his, but I'm rather doubtfull Miura would do such a thing. I wouldn't worry about how it'll look on Gutts either. Miura's probably drawn tons of sketches to make sure it'll be the coolest thing since Finnish winter. I have absolute faith in his ability to drawn awesome armor. 8)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Ozmo said:
I was actually slightly dissappointed with not much happening in this chapter. Most things just half-happened and I'm more anxious to see the next chapter than ever before. :D

What? You must have missed that last page:

20.JPG

Good chapter! Well, it was nice run while it lasted guys. Walter’s already in Maui and the board’s shutting down tomorrow.

See ya’ at the ten year reunion.

-Griffith

P

psymont

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
That makes me wonder, what are we going to do when Berserk ends? ???

- Bob

kill
kill
kill
kill

On a serious note though; Berserk can't end. If it did alot of innocent people would get killed .... alot.

>:( grrrrrr

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

- Bob
likely sit around and debate the meaning of various themes in it, as we go farther and farther into symbolism and away from its true meaning. We'll over-analyze it

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I will develop magic that makes 100s of swords drop from the sky, then use it on unsuspecting populations. Ah, good old hill of swords.

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

typhonblue said:
Doesn't it seem like the beast is lurking over top the armor? This seems very obvious to me. Hmm... looks like the beast is not dead and Guts' next task will be to learn how to control it and use it's power.

Guts will have to face his fears to be able to use that armor.

I agree, the Gatts now is with an incredible force! It is if moving very fast and he raises the sword as if it was paper, this armor with certainty goes to bring it great challenges! :'(

kimchan said:
Yep, it's just a photoshop, not real.

**I hope this pic doesn't become like the bad translations we hear over and over again. ^^;**

The image of the armor with the beast was so convincing that I thought that was real same!

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

puella said:
You guys think the two fights will end up with someone defeated? I mean two of the four, Guts, Grunbeld, Zodd and SK.

I think some crucial event will happen there, which can stop their fighting or cause them to make it some other time later.

Then what would be good for crucial event? ::)

1) Griffith appears?
2) Godhand?
3) Big Big elementals which Flora or Schierke summons?

How about this?

Gatts will dress the armor and will fight with Grunbeld, but I believe that it will go to postpone the fight, as Zodd made certain time with Gatts! I also do not find difficult they to take Caska and Farnese !

I think it'd be pretty comical to see Gutz running trying to put the armour on while Grunbeld is chasing him around. ;D

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

A little aside: are you so sure that Skully will win with Zod?
After all at the Eclipse he did manage to cut an arm off him but when Skully did exit the vortex Zod was there, ready to fight. Maybe we are about to see the end of Skully as well?

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.

I would hope that Miura doesn't kill SK off in the next few chapters. If SK were to die, I would want to see him die fighting Void, not an apostle (even if it's Zoddo).

puella

Berserk forever

Ozmo said:
Errr... first post here. Hi all. :)

(Oh my, that smiley looks positively retarded on these boards. :p)

I'm kind of worried the next chapter will only see Gutts and Grundbeld exchanging a few more blows, Serpico and the rest running for the armor, Skully and Zodd yapping their jaws etc, but something major happening wouldn't be the first time this story suprised me. So many things can go so differently that I wouldn't make any predictions on the outcome, though.

I'm very intrested in seeing what happens when Gutts puts on the armor. The thing about it being cursed might mean he'll become a part of it like Skull Knight is to his, but I'm rather doubtfull Miura would do such a thing. I wouldn't worry about how it'll look on Gutts either. Miura's probably drawn tons of sketches to make sure it'll be the coolest thing since Finnish winter. I have absolute faith in his ability to drawn awesome armor. 8)

Then what is much happening for you?

When we saw Trolls appear up again taking Farnese and Casca to their lair, many people complained about that.
Yeah, I myself admit I was the one of them, too.
But thinking more, I'd think it could be some clue Miura would show us real Qliphoth which led to important story later.
and it turned out right.

After that, I'd think it's better I should stop complaing about the story development.
Tons of speculations and hopes are good.
However, don't try to build your own berserk too much.

The creator is Miura as you all know so fucking clearly.

And I found somethig having been on berserk community almost 2years. Good and old readers/fans are likely to keep silent and used to waiting to see story go on with pleasure. And hardly complain also.
But some new comers, those who don't know much about and actually do nothing for berserk, complain easily about so many things and even urge Miura to do something for their own berserk.
Don't worry because Miura will never worry you.

I don't mean to look down on new comers at all.
Hope for you to get well what I want to say here. :)

Bill

Daydreaming....

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

We'll have to get Walter hooked on another anime/manga before that happens so the board survives. :p

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

- Bob

I will forge a sword that's 7 feet long, weights 100 lbs, give it to the 1st one-eyed, one-armed psycho I come across, and ask him to start hunting down disciples...beware, they come in the shape of ordinary people so cleave them all and ask questions later...

...soon we shall have Berserk 2 to talk about. Muhahaha.

J

Miyu said:
If SK were to die, I would want to see him die fighting Void, not an apostle (even if it's Zoddo).

Die? How is he going to die? He is an undead monster like Zodd? Unless he got ripped into pieces?

Btw Godo, if u are talking abt DS, then it will not just be 100lbs but a massive 235 kg!

O

Ozmo

Whoa, take it easy Puella. If you thought that was complaining, then you'd be really ticked off when I didn't like something. ;D

Anyhow, complaining wasn't my intention at all and I was probably just venting some over-anxiousness over wanting to see what happens next. I'll try to not behave like a n00b in the future (which I definetely shouldn't, having posted over 10 thousand posts over forums like this ;D )

puella

Berserk forever

Ozmo said:
Whoa, take it easy Puella. If you thought that was complaining, then you'd be really ticked off when I didn't like something. ;D

Anyhow, complaining wasn't my intention at all and I was probably just venting some over-anxiousness over wanting to see what happens next. I'll try to not behave like a n00b in the future (which I definetely shouldn't, having posted over 10 thousand posts over forums like this ;D )

Ah, sorry if I looked oversensitive. It was not aimed at only you. :)
That's what I've always wanted to say some day.That's all.

roberto999 said:
A little aside: are you so sure that Skully will win with Zod?
After all at the Eclipse he did manage to cut an arm off him but when Skully did exit the vortex Zod was there, ready to fight. Maybe we are about to see the end of Skully as well?

I've been thinking the same thing. If he were to die, it would make the 'spiral' analogy more complete, with him and Flora passing so Guts & Shierke can mirror their paths. Also, Zodd is finally fighting him with a sense of purpose rather than some vague desire for battle. It makes me wonder how long Skullknight can be seemingly omnipotent and invulnerable, (when it comes to saving Guts and facing down Godhand). Then again, he -just- whipped out the behelit-sword... after seeing something as badass and arcane as that, I don't think he'll die without using it at least once more (maybe while dying, but...who knows)

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?

Mage said:
I've been thinking the same thing. If he were to die, it would make the 'spiral' analogy more complete, with him and Flora passing so Guts & Shierke can mirror their paths. Also, Zodd is finally fighting him with a sense of purpose rather than some vague desire for battle. It makes me wonder how long Skullknight can be seemingly omnipotent and invulnerable, (when it comes to saving Guts and facing down Godhand). Then again, he -just- whipped out the behelit-sword... after seeing something as badass and arcane as that, I don't think he'll die without using it at least once more (maybe while dying, but...who knows)
Maybe skullknight and Zodd will kill each other with one blow... I dunno seems like kind of a waste on both counts.

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps

wow, where did that stat come from? that's heavier than Guts, Serpico, Isidro, Farneze, Caska, and Puck combined!

J

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

Godo said:
wow, where did that stat come from? that's heavier than Guts, Serpico, Isidro, Farneze, Caska, and Puck combined!

J

235 kg might be a little much (not very familiar with metric) but 100 lbs seems like kind of a low estimate.

But no use getting into the whole dragonslayer argument again. ^^;

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

kimchan said:
But no use getting into the whole dragonslayer argument again. ^^;

On second thought I'd rather not see the whole "could someone use the dragon slayer" or "how much does the dragon slayer weigh?" threads again.

- Bob

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry

Well, I cut it out of the manga and weighed it and it's less than a gram. And that's with gats fingers still attached to the hilt.

I think it will be Skull Knight who gets it. Why? Because so far we've no indication of how strong Griffith's Apostle army is. But Skull Knight is the most powerful non-God Hand entity we've encountered yet. His death would serve to set Guts adrift, no one left to look over him, as well as setting up exactly how badass those Apostles really are. Think of it. That is going to be more than a challange for Guts and his crew, it's going to be touch and go for them for quite a while if Skull Knight is gone.

Top Bottom