Episode 226

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Aquedesin said:
That's also a lot of blood gatts is losing... But what the hell, I don't really matter, all I care is that it kick serious ass... ;)

Furthermore, the clothes stuff I spoke of is seen also before the helmet transform:

http://www.aquedesin.com/stuff.jpg
well, clearly, that isn't Guts actual neck. It'd have to be some sort of cloth. However, you should still see his chin, at least the outline, in the beast form since it is a lot more open. (the skull faceplate seems a little short to too.)

Kefky

Boo!
Grifth said:
ppl ppl please dont start comparing berserk to evangelion

Come to think of it, the beast looks a little bit like the face of the eva 01... and the eva 01 was on "berserk mode" when it did that move. ;D

Just kidding, all that means is Miura-sensei is prolly an evangelion fan.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Majin Tenshi said:
well, clearly, that isn't Guts actual neck. It'd have to be some sort of cloth. However, you should still see his chin, at least the outline, in the beast form since it is a lot more open. (the skull faceplate seems a little short to too.)

Well, you're right about that, and I can't go on arguing without more data... The only last argument is that I think that as you told the skull helmet is also not right sized (there is a jaw ok, but far to close to the nose) but that in this picture of gatts head which is the last drawing just before the helmet transform, gatts is looking up thus allowing the beast on this picture on page 10 to have its jaw opened.

After, no matter how hard we are arguing, we'd better wait until gatts remove it's helmet... (If he remove it! Imagine he get stuck like this, it would allow Miura to switch the story to other people until they are able to liberate gatts...)

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Grifth said:
ppl ppl please dont start comparing berserk to evangelion

But he really does look like EVA 01 in that panel. The roar panel also resembles the EVA unit going berserk, considering all the other references to various older sci-fi novels/movies why not a modern one?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wereallmad said:
But he really does look like EVA 01 in that panel. The roar panel also resembles the EVA unit going berserk, considering all the other references to various older sci-fi novels/movies why not a modern one?
Don’t forget Venom.

-Griffith

O

Ozmo

Looking at page 10, I was starting to feel like the entire helmet is empty. However, the last page clearly shows Guts is still in the armor (even though dripping out at a rapid pace :) ).

I'm very puzzled by where Guts' head has gone, but I suppose Miura will let us know soon enough...

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps
hmmmm Guts meets Spiderman. I guess he got bitten by a radioactive armor. Some of those moves he pulled positively reminded me of old Spiderman action sequences, minus the inane trashtalking.

The armor basically robs the wearer of pain and terror, and runs on the wearer's passion (this is from the manga text, my translation). Hence, the Berserker's armor.

Guts looks positively EVIL with the Beast's head... I love it. Rather than thinking of the armor as some sort of 'magical knight rayearth-ish help the wussy little pansy fight like a hero' device, I prefer to think of it as "the tool that helps the wearer maximize his potential". Guts isn't wussy to begin with, and he just needs a better channel for his rage, and now's he's got it.

J

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The biggest transformation of the series and you guys are worrying about what underpants Guts is wearing? You all lose. Any more discussion on what superhero underoos Guts is wearing on his head will instantly get deleted.

With that out of the way... Anyone else curious about Zodd's lines? (as translated by Saiki):

"Zodd - It brings back good memories my friend/arch rival. Do you plan on having him walk the same path as you. The same path as you, the path of Hell."

While "Hell" could very well be a mistranslation (as noted by Saiki), Schierke's addition to this new bit of info, "Those who wear the armour and are exposed to the flow of "Od" will literally turn into a demon." Literally a demon? As opposed to an apostle masquerading as a demon? The distinction is worth discussing, I think, when you try to place where Skully would fall on the Universe chart. Purely Interstice? Bordering in the Nexus? Maybe even dipping his hand in the Abyss (also known, curiously enough, as Hell) ?

On a final note, "It brings back good memories" ? What the hell, Zodd? We need to sit this guy down on Dr. Phil's show and get the REAL, tear-jerking backstory on his past with the Skull Knight, because it looks like Zodd was even there while Skully was in his awkward, adolescent period, still pimple-faced and only sprouting one or two measly spikes.

Guts was definetly on the way to hell to begin with, since such is the fate of anyone who gets involved with demons (particuarly the branded), so there's definetly something um, different Zodd is referring to than just going to hell upon death. As Walter mentioned, it's very likely different than the path of apostles as well, since he's referring to Skully's path specifically. It's also interesting to me how suprised he looks...almost fearful ;D

I guess Zodd and Skully being friends, at least once, explains why maybe they're both alive after fighting eachother for so many years =p And why they are always so willing to let their fights be interrupted/end prematurely.

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps
maybe he was talking about 'living hell'? After all, I hardly think SK's life is the model Midland citizen's fantasy.

J

I dunno, flying around astride a superhorse, ripping through whatever gets in your way, munching on behilits, and relaxing to the casualty channel at the end of the day to see the goings on sounds pretty sweet for what most people are going through in the berserk world. =p =p =p

Griffith

Swordsman in Sable said:
I dunno, flying around astride a superhorse, ripping through whatever gets in your way, munching on behilits, and relaxing to the casualty channel at the end of the day to see the goings on sounds pretty sweet for what most people are going through in the berserk world. =p =p =p

Yeah... but is he happy?

=)

-Griffith

Beats me. I can almost see skully smiling (not literally, of course) on all those closeups of his mask/eyes after dicing up tons of demons or talking some trash. ;D

But who knows? It's hard to tell if he has any emotions at all left in him, and he's certainly seen many people live and die for how long he's lived. Must be hard to grow attached to anyone. And not only that, for the simple fact that he's lived so long, and for what purpose?

But, all in all, I'd still say SK is big pimpin. I'm sure most things beat being a woman in that world and being raped/abused most if not all your life, or suffering from the plague in one way or another (family/friends being nailed by it), dealing with the inquisition, starvation, spirits/the apocalypse coming into the world, and being helpless to it all, etc etc. Come to think of it, it's hard to think of many, if any people in the berserk world that are consistantly happy. Luca and Jerome, maybe? Shierkie before Guts came into her life? -_-;;

Nice avatar upgrade, btw. Very nice ^^

Swordsman in Sable said:
He's certainly seen many people live and die for how long he's lived. Must be hard to grow attached to anyone.

Well are u forgetting Flora? Flora might lived through that type of life as SK had, considerating that she might be as old as SK himself.

And yeah, i believe everything will happen in spiral, 1000 yrs later u may even see Skullbeast and Schierke together ;D

Griffith

Smith said:
And yeah, i believe everything will happen in spiral, 1000 yrs later u may even see Skullbeast and Schierke together ;D

Yeah, because it’s obvious that the moral of the story is that you cannot overcome causality no matter what. I’m sure that’s why Miura has set everything up the way he has. He’s going to pull a Terminator 3 on us.

Gaiseric = Skull Knight = Guts = Beast Knight = Hector = Sombrero Knight

(Hector is the “struggler” a thousand years from now, look for him in Volume 142)

-Griffith

(Hector is the “struggler” a thousand years from now, look for him in Volume 142)
lol~

Btw, I'm doing a quick chibi-ish sketch of my idealization of SK's daily life :p

EDIT:
Ok, after a little over an hour of sketching, here it is:

A_night_in_the_skullycave.jpg

Hope ya guys like! Just got this picture in my head and felt it was too silly to not draw. ;D

incognitoX

you fail me
With all that's been going on recently, you just have to wonder if the series is really just starting..or maybe it's the beginning of the end.

The new armor seems like something Guts needed in order to fufill his vendetta against Griffith..so now with this, plus a new band of allies (with a possibility of more coming to his side) You really just have to question or wonder it.

I just hope we get to find out more about Skull Knight, Zodd and Godhands past before Miura decides to conclude the series.

Top Bottom