Episode 227

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:Chapter 227

Walter said:
So... maybe he's naturally very tall?

That was too tall for any human, perhap he was already an apostle back then...

P.S I always thought he alone defend the north village against the Tuda army. Now and come think of it, what so great about him defending the town with furthermore 3000 soldier? He alone can destroy an army if he wants to

O

Ozmo

I think Grungy was a naturally huge fellow who sacrificed something quite recently, sacrificing his troops to get personal victory or maybe even his entire home just to live at quite likely. I'm sure we'll get to see within the next few chapters. That would mean he was absolutely massive to begin with, but we nordic folk tend to be that way (heck, I'm 192cm ;D ).

*EDIT*

Don't forget that Miura isn't too specific on what is humanly possible and what's not. Remember Samson and Pippin? A person who's considered a giant of a man in this world could indeed be the size of Grunbeld. :)

And Smith, defending a village from Chuda for 10 years with only 3000 men is quite an achievement for any human. The people who turn events into legends don't judge them on Apostole standards, heck they shouldn't even know they exist. He could have done it by himself, at least after becoming who he's now, but what he did is impressive enough.

In my opinion, the fact that grunbeld fought alongside 3000 soldiers proves he wasn't an apostle, during this long war: a strong apostle like him doesn't need any companion to protect a town, and I don't think an apostle could be interested in protecting someone...
I think Ozmo's theory may be right.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!

Sancho Panza said:
In my opinion, the fact that grunbeld fought alongside 3000 soldiers proves he wasn't an apostle, during this long war: a strong apostle like him doesn't need any companion to protect a town, and I don't think an apostle could be interested in protecting someone...
I think Ozmo's theory may be right.

Read the correct translation again. It wasn't a town, it was an entire friggen' country.

Woland said:
Read the correct translation again. It wasn't a town, it was an entire friggen' country.

Oh, so there's another mistake of italian translators (in the italian version of berserk, the one I have, Mule says: "a small town to the North"). Thank you for making me notice it.

But I don't think it makes great difference in my reasoning: it was a small country, not the entire Norway.

O

Ozmo

Well... most would consider Norway to be a small country. :)

Btw, the translations by this Erias dude use the name Mierre Wolfliam instead of the Mule Wolcliff (which the Hawks and apparently we do). Not sure what would be correct, but Mule sounds like a bad name for such an important dude. :-\

Norway isn't a small country. Absolutely not. But let's stop here this useless geographical discussion.;)

Well, in the italian version that character is named Myur Wolflame, so it's possible that his correct name is Mierre Wolfliam. But it's always been difficult to find right translations of character's names.

O

Ozmo

Chris said:
It's more likely to be _Mule Warflame_

Dude, Mule isn't something you call the offspring of an important knight. It's what you call the offspring of a horse and a donkey.

Ozmo said:
Dude, Mule isn't something you call the offspring of an important knight. It's what you call the offspring of a horse and a donkey.

Check this post to see why it's much more likely than "mierre", "myur", or anything else.

Characters' names in Berserk are often references (e.g "Schierke", "Puck", "Serpico")

I juste read the "right" translation about Grunveld protecting the country against Tuda's army and i only wanted to say that's it is bizard that it's said he fought alongside 3000 men and that on the picture in chap 194 that explain that.. we see him alone on what i think is a human corpse pile... wy do we see him alone if he fought alongside 3000 men ? Where are they gone ?? I have the trans made by the hawks and it goes like this :

"During the invasion of Chuhdah, he alone a small country for 10 days against 3000 soldiers with his gigantic frame"
"The North blood is in his veins, because of that he had red hair that seemed to burn when he mowed down the enemy"

Same typo and no missing words.. well i know that "he alone a small country" don't have sense but it was like that..

Viva sk.net for trans !!! :p

Now this is really getting confusing, i hope someone can guide us whether it was fighting against 3000 soldier for 10 days or fighting along side with 3000 soldier for 10 years in this small town/village/country

???

i think it's more likely that he fought against 3000 soldiers... not sure though, but it would be more logical that it is to compare to the Guts' 100 soldiers legend...

O

Ozmo

Guys, Olivier already said he was on the side of the 3000 men. I also trust this Erias fellow over the Hawks on the 10 days/years and village/small country matters.

DarkShurikn, it was a picture of the legendary warrior who held back Chuda with only a few thousand men. I see no reason why the picture couldn't only have Grunbeld in it. Loads of little men running around his feet would have ruined the coolness of the picture anyway, they were probably just standing somewhere else or something. :)

Olivier Hague said:
You may think it's "bizard", but that's what it says. End of story.
What i think is "bizard" was only because of the picture that we see him alone and he fought alongside 3000 men.. but logicaly fighting alongside 3000 men is more plausible than against :D It was only the picture that made me worry.. no prob Olivier ;)

hmmm....
on contrary i think fighting AGAINST 3000 soldiers was more plausible and way more interesting... it's some kind of legend so what is so amazing by "fighting alongside 3000 people" ?
So we can tell the same legend for the other 2999 soldiers who battled this day? lol
We dont even know if this legend refers as to when he was still a human, so maybe he was already an apostle. Just in his human form, 3000 soldiers would be long but possible. ^_^
anyway if that's not the case then...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Tenjin said:
hmmm....
on contrary i think fighting AGAINST 3000 soldiers was more plausible and way more interesting... it's some kind of legend so what is so amazing by "fighting alongside 3000 people" ?
So we can tell the same legend for the other 2999 soldiers who battled this day? lol
We dont even know if this legend refers as to when he was still a human, so maybe he was already an apostle. Just in his human form, 3000 soldiers would be long but possible. ^_^
well, if he was the comander... ::)

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't the Band of the Hawk at around 5,000 at its peak? And at that point they were still a division of the Midland army. With all the other commanders, even with units of 1,000 to 5,000 apiece, that's some pretty heavy numbers.

That said, defending vs Tuda successfully for years with 3,000 is pretty badass to me.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Swordsman in Sable said:
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't the Band of the Hawk at around 5,000 at its peak? And at that point they were still a division of the Midland army. With all the other commanders, even with units of 1,000 to 5,000 apiece, that's some pretty heavy numbers.

That said, defending vs Tuda successfully for years with 3,000 is pretty badass to me.
as a Merc band, I think that is correct. As a army of Midland, I think you might want to add another 0 or so.

But BotH were fighting other armies, not countries.

M

medievald00d

Majin Tenshi said:
as a Merc band, I think that is correct. As a army of Midland, I think you might want to add another 0 or so.

But BotH were fighting other armies, not countries.

If i remember correctly, they took Doldery castle with just 5000 men..

O

Ozmo

Tenjin said:
hmmm....

I see you're new here and don't know the first rule of these forums.

Rule 1: Olivier Hague is always right. Trying to argue with him will only result in him telling you why you're wrong and popping an annoying ^_^ smiley at your face.

This goes even before Rule 2, which is that you shouldn't ask for scans.

Holding out against Chuda with just 3000 men is damn amazing. Kinda like the Finnish Marshall Mannerheim during WW2. He held Finland with almost half a million men, so why is he considered such a hero? There are conflicting views on it, but the Soviet Union sending thrice that amount of men certainly had something to do with it. ;D

Ozmo said:
I see you're new here and don't know the first rule of these forums.

Err... The sad thing is he had been in this forum 18 months before u, so i guess he should be the one saying that quotation to you... :-X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom