Episode 227

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re:Chapter 227

Godo said:
Heh.. just referring to the fact that the new Godo pic looks less like the 'old man who'se about to croak' rather than "I'm buff and ready to use the DS myself, dammit!" ...plus Godo's got the long flowing white hair and beard going... and that intense "I must send you on a quest" look to his eyes... and... urgh.. going overboard.. must stop with analogies.

J
Geez, sorry. Thought I was doing you a favor by changing it. The old one was just plain gross looking. JPEG compression out the anus.

S

sin__lust

anyone ever seen chapter 83(not in manga)?

i"ve got the scans,if nobody have seen it, i can put it on

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

1) you're in the wrong thread

2) we don't need them

3) don't ever make your first post speaking of scans, you'll get "flamified" over here...

P

psymont

Re:anyone ever seen chapter 83(not in manga)?

sin__lust said:
i"ve got the scans,if nobody have seen it, i can put it on

as there is no other way to view the lost chapter, it exists outside the tedious moral dilema of the scanning debate ....

also, it is nice that you had something to contribute with your first post ....

thats kind of you sin, however, i have already seen it ....

G

Genn21

Flora: You can show the Black Swordsman the way, in the middle of such a turbulence of power.

It looks like gut's might survive this one. By backing off or finding his "real power". Yet 1 things for sure it looks like gunbelds got a lot more fight in him and this limits gut's options.

I wonder how schierk , plans to get him out of this one. She cant communicate with him telepathicly. Yet flora has stated something , that she is the one to do it. Maybe she has some magic skill up her sleeves , or one of guts friends can snap him out of that daze.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Genn said:
It looks like gut's might survive this one. By backing off or finding his "real power". Yet 1 things for sure it looks like gunbelds got a lot more fight in him and this limits gut's options.

I wonder how schierk , plans to get him out of this one. She cant communicate with him telepathicly. Yet flora has stated something , that she is the one to do it. Maybe she has some magic skill up her sleeves , or one of guts friends can snap him out of that daze.​
Set the scene: Apostle shows up holding Casca, leaving Guts to surmount the Beast of Darkness and protect what he really holds true to his heart.

Which brings me to my next speculative thought. With the Beast in control of his body would it, now it has the power of the Berserk armour, kill Casca? TBOD is constantly dogging him, trying to convince Guts that she is the one thing holding him away from Griffith. Also, if it were to kill Casca, part of it would be of Guts' own will... after all, the Beast is Guts' unfrequented desire. I'd say that it would at least try. The Beast will always be a part of Guts now. Unless his vanquishes it from himself, it'll always be there at the back of his mind.

Anyway, does anyone here have a prediction for the end of this fight? I can't see Grunbeld leaving until been killed by or has killed Guts. The main character of the story isn't going to die, so, I say "Bye bye Grunbeld" ;D

G

Genn21

Uriel said:
[/center]
Set the scene: Apostle shows up holding Casca, leaving Guts to surmount the Beast of Darkness and protect what he really holds true to his heart.

, so, I say "Bye bye Grunbeld" ;D

well jesus man dont expect grunbeld to replace guts ( berserk 2: chronicles of ,puff the magic grunBELDOOO ).

Yet dont just place all your cards on grunbelds carcass , as a life raft of guts only escape to the next chapter. I can see grunbeld getting killed.. and guts winning the fight through finding his inner power to standoff with the beast. Or i can see Grunbeld winning , yet retreating hurt. In another outcome guts gets a hold of himself realises hes about to die and retreats.

Of course option 2 & 3 have never occured in berserk. except with zodd ( option 2 zodd left griffith alive ) and that was under special circumstances. So gurnbeld your chances may be slim but the community loves you , SO LIVE DAMNIT.

btw , love your avatar Ur

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

Uriel said:
[/center]Anyway, does anyone here have a prediction for the end of this fight? I can't see Grunbeld leaving until been killed by or has killed Guts. The main character of the story isn't going to die, so, I say "Bye bye Grunbeld" ;D

Unless Griffith come and stop Grunbeld and seriously hit guts to make him unconscious...

Aquedesin said:
Unless Griffith come and stop Grunbeld and seriously hit guts to make him unconscious...

Not without a serious setback from Guts, somehow i had a feeling that when Guts was in Beast form he *might* be immune to Griffith supernatural power...

Uriel said:
Anyway, does anyone here have a prediction for the end of this fight? I can't see Grunbeld leaving until been killed by or has killed Guts. The main character of the story isn't going to die, so, I say "Bye bye Grunbeld" ;D

Ok let admit it, we all like Grunbeld and some of us hope that he doesnt perish just in the begining of vol 27, so what i can speculate is that Grunbeld is defeated by Guts, but he escape death and retreat... Soon he was so ashame of himself that he resign from the hawk and disappear...

P.S Just to confirm with u guys, In the legend was it Grunbeld alone that defend the village against 3000 soldier from Tuda?

Hajime_Saitou

I Hunt... Therefore, I Am.

v23c8p168:

Mule: I know Grunbeld! During the invasion of Chudah, he alone (a word's missing from my scans) a small northern country for 10 days against 3000 soldiers with his gigantic frame.

does that answer your question Smith?

O

Ozmo

Hajime Saitou said:
v23c8p168:

Mule: I know Grunbeld! During the invasion of Chudah, he alone (a word's missing from my scans) a small northern country for 10 days against 3000 soldiers with his gigantic frame.

does that answer your question Smith?

That's what the Band of the Hawks translation said, eh? Here's what the one I found via this site says.

I know Grunbeld!
He's the giant that protected a small country to the North from
invasion by the armies of Great Chuda for ten years with only three
thousand men.
Like all people from the north, he has bright red hair, and between
that and the way he mows down enemies they called him the "Fire
Dragon."
But I'm sure I heard news of his death in battle...

My guess is that the Hawks messed up again.

P

psymont

what about the "But I'm sure I heard news of his death in battle..." line? is that correct? .... if so, thats really intersting ....

also, wally b, what was that song in the chapter 83 link .... its sounds like cirque du soleil music

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Psymont said:
what about the "But I'm sure I heard news of his death in battle..." line? is that correct? .... if so, thats really intersting ....
Rumors are also running about the death of Griffith in the Tower of Rebirth, am I wrong ? So Grunbeld may have been deeply wounded, and he decided to sacrifice his soldiers (considering he was the chief) to finish Tudor army alone with great "honnor".
Guil

P

psymont

if he did, he probably feels like he cheated in that battle ....

but coming back to the legendary heroes just poping into existence(like the trolls or even elves) because of the humans subconscious desires .... i find this possibility to be a lot more intersting than just another guy finding a behelit ....

Lliugusamui

around the corner

I thought that too before, but since we've seen the huge guy transform into a crystallin dragon, it's totally different from trolls, ogres and elves who are "naturally" like that... but, is there a possibility for such an apostle-like people not to be powered by the Law of Causality (implying beherit and tornado where dwells the Nexus) ? I'm _very_ doubtful 'bout that.
Guil

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

So Grunbeld may have been deeply wounded, and he decided to sacrifice his soldiers (considering he was the chief) to finish Tudor army alone with great "honnor".
Guil
It would easily explain how/why he fended off all those soldiers "single-handedly". He also had a different armor back then (im referring to hte cameo appearance of pre-apostle Grunbeld in ep. 195)

Psymont said:
if he did, he probably feels like he cheated in that battle ....
Well sure, he also takes offense to Guts calling hima monster.
but coming back to the legendary heroes just poping into existence(like the trolls or even elves) because of the humans subconscious desires .... i find this possibility to be a lot more intersting than just another guy finding a behelit ....
But.. he IS an apostle. He's said so at least three times in the past two chapters. Where have you been?

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)

pardon, but I haven't my manga with me, and won't for a while. Would anyone mind posting the pic of Grunbeld Walter was talking about?

P

psymont

i know he is an apostle, i just wish it went in the "legendary heroes poping into existence" direction cause it was a really neat concept ....

grunbeld hasnt used his breath weapon yet .... he probably will next chapter .... he doesnt have wings does he? .... or maybe he hasnt revealed them yet(like zodd can hide his) ....

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Darok [Gloombeard!] said:
pardon, but I haven't my manga with me, and won't for a while. Would anyone mind posting the pic of Grunbeld Walter was talking about?

Nope, I have no clue what Walter is typeing about. 195 is Griffith seeing off the souls of the fallen and Mule pledgeing loyalty. No Grunbeld anywhere.

I could see what appeared to be Locas, pre apostle in 194. Ok... theres a pic of Grunbeld in 194, but he is still a giant, could be he just has different armor. (armor doesn't survive transformation after all)

(note the dragon on his shield.) I hope we get to see Grun sprout wings.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

194, yes. My bad. But you see what I mean, hopefully. And yeah, now that I look at it, he really is pretty fucking huge in that picture too. So... maybe he's naturally very tall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom